• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Anyone down to play later today? I should have some time.

I'm getting tired of Q's Ky. I'd like to have the illusion that I may be able to win once in a while.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm getting tired of Q's Ky. I'd like to have the illusion that I may be able to win once in a while.

uaoahSc.gif

So a buddy of mine and I were trying to get a private room up and running, and we could not for the life of us get the other person's room to show up. We could play by joining a public lobby room, and we could connect to third mutual friend and play in his private room, but a direct connection between the two of us was apparently out of the question.

I'm gone through and made sure to forward all relevant ports for my PS4, and both our NAT types are 2. I'm getting buttmad about the whole situation.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Onemic

So a buddy of mine and I were trying to get a private room up and running, and we could not for the life of us get the other person's room to show up. We could play by joining a public lobby room, and we could connect to third mutual friend and play in his private room, but a direct connection between the two of us was apparently out of the question.

I'm gone through and made sure to forward all relevant ports for my PS4, and both our NAT types are 2. I'm getting buttmad about the whole situation.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Are you both on the same console?

4r5

Idunno, starting to get use to remembering YRC eats my inputs and redoing the inputs afterwards.

Still having trouble timing reversals out of cinematics. It'll be a while to learn them all.

My LE came today. Looks clean as fuck

Really would have liked to be able to play this with a stick. Can't do circular motions on a pad for shit anymore. Game is gorgeous.

rookiejet

Things I'd like to see for Sin in the next update:

- Have him start the round at 13000 calories, but still refill to the current level of 10000
For a game so momentum-based I feel he too often runs out of steam before establishing anything, and is left scrambling for an opportunity to refill

- Make 2S an actual low
I think they overestimated his damage ability and left him little ways of opening people up (relying on pressure which runs out quickly due the above limitation). I'm maybe fine with getting only this, but I really feel he needs both buffs

I think that's fair. Do you guys think that's fair? I think that's fair.

#DeleteElphelt #ScrubDiaries

Sayad

Finally resubscribed to PS+(
fuck this gen
), lets try to play some games this weekend NEO0MJ. Anyone else from the middle east?
psn: Sayad-US

Things I'd like to see for Sin in the next update:

- Have him start the round at 13000 calories, but still refill to the current level of 10000
For a game so momentum-based I feel he too often runs out of steam before establishing anything, and is left scrambling for an opportunity to refill

- Make 2S an actual low
I think they overestimated his damage ability and left him little ways of opening people up (relying on pressure which runs out quickly due the above limitation). I'm maybe fine with getting only this, but I really feel he needs both buffs

I think that's fair. Do you guys think that's fair? I think that's fair.

#DeleteElphelt #ScrubDiaries

I had more of an issue of having the refills be random more than the ceiling. Rather have a consistent fill up than the starting calories. Also, not sure if the extra 3k calories will help at the start of the round if you can't get the hit in. On the other hand, if you get the first hit in, it's almost a guaranteed KO with the extra calories.

I also don't think that the lack of 2S being a low is the issue. He doesn't have a standing normal overhead, which is the main reason he doesn't have a way of opening up people (just block low).

He already has huge damage and can punish pretty easily due to the range. He plays exactly like he should (high risk/high reward). Then again, I haven't played him for too long and I haven't faced too many Sin players either.

Onemic

School has pretty much destroyed any practice I can put into this game now. I can probably only get some time in over the weekends :(

I had more of an issue of having the refills be random more than the ceiling. Rather have a consistent fill up than the starting calories. Also, not sure if the extra 3k calories will help at the start of the round if you can't get the hit in. On the other hand, if you get the first hit in, it's almost a guaranteed KO with the extra calories.

I also don't think that the lack of 2S being a low is the issue. He doesn't have a standing normal overhead, which is the main reason he doesn't have a way of opening up people (just block low).

He already has huge damage and can punish pretty easily due to the range. He plays exactly like he should (high risk/high reward). Then again, I haven't played him for too long and I haven't faced too many Sin players either.

Sin mainly plays the neutral game though. He's not a mixup character, so a standing overhead seems a little off when that isnt really his game.

The refills arent random either. They always get you up to the initial 10k calories you start off with unless you eat when you're already at 10k or higher. If that's the case it increases your calories by only 2500 I believe.

robot

Hey guys quick question - is the upgrade from 720p to 1080p worth the price/hassle of buying a stick for my PS4? Any other differences uncovered?

I have a PS3 stick already and having a really hard time justifying the additional $200 to get the PS4 version and a stick.

Rhapsody

Banned
I had more of an issue of having the refills be random more than the ceiling. Rather have a consistent fill up than the starting calories. Also, not sure if the extra 3k calories will help at the start of the round if you can't get the hit in. On the other hand, if you get the first hit in, it's almost a guaranteed KO with the extra calories
214HS aren't random. If you're below 10,000, it will always refill to that number. If you're there or higher, you refill 3000 each time.
This isn't a problem at all. Plus he has j.D being helpful for fuzzies or as a surprise high.
I wouldn't say he's exactly high/risk. Not exactly low either, but he doesn't always have to commit.

214HS aren't random. If you're below 10,000, it will always refill to that number. If you're there or higher, you refill 3000 each time.

This isn't a problem at all. Plus he has j.D being helpful for fuzzies or as a surprise high.

I wouldn't say he's exactly high/risk. Not exactly low either, but he doesn't always have to commit.

Ah, I had no idea about the refills. I just remember testing it out and going "hey, it's not always the same every time" and never went into detail since I dropped him like 2 days later.

I never thought that the lack of mixups was bad for Sin, since he does so much damage. I was also adding that the making 2S a low was a weird request, since that's not the issue.

I guess you're right that he's not high risk/high reward, but damn, he's pretty useless without meter. Need to scramble for that knockdown ASAP.

Hey guys quick question - is the upgrade from 720p to 1080p worth the price/hassle of buying a stick for my PS4? Any other differences uncovered?

I have a PS3 stick already and having a really hard time justifying the additional $200 to get the PS4 version and a stick.

The only reason to get a PS4 stick at this point would to future proof yourself. If no other games interest you, no reason to get a PS4 stick.

edit: Rhap, are you available to play tonight? I still can't quite get the set ups right with Millia, but I need to push myself at this point.

Rhapsody

Banned
edit: Rhap, are you available to play tonight? I still can't quite get the set ups right with Millia, but I need to push myself at this point.

Usually I'm busy on weekdays, but I might be able to tonight. Are you on PS3 or PS4?

Edit: Actually tonight might not be great, but we'll see

rookiejet

You refill to 10k if you're lower than that, and add 3k increments if you're at or above that to a max of 16k.

I don't think you're accounting for damage scaling. Currently he can do ~258 on Sol for 5K, near the corner. A starting calorie reserve boost would afford you time/opportunities to get a hit rather than damage since you would refill back to 10k after having done the neutral dance and scored a knockdown.

Sin /would/ actually be overpowered if he gets a standing normal overhead (that's faster or less costly calorie-wise than his current slow ass overhead special), the damage conversion is too high. You're playing neutral for the most part (finite corner pressure and opportunities for knockdown), keeping them at distances where only you can hit them, so a far reaching low slash would probably help, no? (Certainly less OP than a standing overhead normal.)

Onemic

I feel like making 2s a low would instantly make sin top or near top tier. Hed have complete control of the ground game at all times.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sin is mostly fine hunt down a player named zeroqs if you want to see sin played at 100%

If you are having issues with food stop recklessly spamming specials

rookiejet

I feel like making 2s a low would instantly make sin top or near top tier. Hed have complete control of the ground game at all times.

Yesss. Wouldn't it be glorious? ╰(°ㅂ°)╯

I'm telling you, it's fair, man.

Sin is mostly fine hunt down a player named zeroqs if you want to see sin played at 100%

If you are having issues with food stop recklessly spamming specials

I'm trying to be better about conserving calories, but they are mostly how he scores knockdowns. It still would be nice if he had a little more room at the start.

I haven't found any footage of zeroqs. I'm enjoying the recent videos of BLEED play him though
http://youtu.be/YaovMLD0vR8?t=8m44s

Rhapsody

Banned
NO!

I'll prob be on in about an hr and a half

Not that I'm as good as Q, but if you're still trying to work on Millia's setplay, practicing against me isn't going to be extremely better/easier lol

I don't think I can get on today. We can do Millia mirrors one day if you want that, haha.

One of my better characters with the least amount of time put in...
: /

I'm going to work on Faust and Axl this weekend if I have time. Then I've almost got the entire veteran cast down for casuals.

Not that I'm as good as Q, but if you're still trying to work on Millia's setplay, practicing against me isn't going to be extremely better/easier lol

I don't think I can get on today. We can do Millia mirrors one day if you want that, haha.

One of my better characters with the least amount of time put in...
: /

I'm going to work on Faust and Axl this weekend if I have time. Then I've almost got the entire veteran cast down for casuals.

Reading this, I don't even know who your main is, lol. I'm actually getting down her corner set ups, so that's not really the issue anymore. Just no consistency and have very limited toolset for the knockdown.

Rhapsody

Banned
Reading this, I don't even know who your main is, lol. I'm actually getting down her corner set ups, so that's not really the issue anymore. Just no consistency and have very limited toolset for the knockdown.

I use Ky, Potemkin, Zato, and Slayer most. Ky's when I want to try, but people like Q know the character and mirror too well, so it doesn't work out quite that well. I barely use Millia, but her setplay and neutral game makes it as good as my Ky sadly lol (AC experience helps).

She's probably my 2nd best character, but I don't think I can enjoy playing her all the time.

FluxWaveZ

....Im higher than 50% on ranked but I still think im complete doo doo

I'm sure you're better than me by now Flux :p

Hell no. I haven't even touched the game in around two weeks, and you were significantly better than I was then. I was higher than 50% W/L online when I was playing as well, but I'm still really bad at the game when faced with someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Onemic

Hell no. I haven't even touched the game in around two weeks, and you were significantly better than I was then. I was higher than 50% W/L online when I was playing as well, but I'm still really bad at the game when faced with someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Well due to school I cant really practice anymore,(im actually writing this in my schools library lol) so you got plenty of time to catch up :p

Top Bottom