• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

FluxWaveZ

Well due to school I cant really practice anymore,(im actually writing this in my schools library lol) so you got plenty of time to catch up :p

School's pretty much the reason I stopped playing, too. Well, that and the game doesn't motivate me too much.

zogged

Anyone up for a few games/see how the Australia to NA connection holds up? I finally got enough credits to unlock Sin and I'm itching to see how I fare with him

Played some more matches tonight as Potemkin against a couple of buddies. Mostly against Faust, Venom, and Zato, with the occasional Elphelt and Ramlethal thrown in. I had fun, but man can some of those matches be annoying sometimes. Didn't help that the connection wasn't the greatest and I kept screwing up my half circle inputs. >_<

Still, I managed a Hammer Fall -> YRC -> Pot Buster, and it was everything I dreamed it would be and more.

Feeling like an asshole practicing with axl low. when I'm on it is awesome but when I am rushed down by any old Sol or Ky I am ripping at the seams. Gotta get better at spacing with him.

Damn! -- Xrd is so freaking awesome! I've finally been able to really put some time into it, and it's easily one of the best fighting games that I've ever played.

I just can't get over how amazingly beautiful the character models and animations are in this game; it's the best looking fighter to date, no question. I was surprised at just how well done the overall story was too. It was cool how the story cutscenes in the arcade mode were just a prologue to the actual story mode itself. It was great to just watch a larger, more intricate story, instead of having tons of fights shoehorned into it.

I'm pretty much a new player to the GG series, but the game's also doing a great job of teaching me how to play: great tutorials for teaching the system, easy-to-do command training, and tons of really useful combo challenges with examples of how to do them. 'Course, I'm still totally awful at the game (as I am at all 2D fighters), but I'll change that... eventually.

Anyway, I've really been missing out on a fantastic fighting game series, but now I'm a Guilty Gear player for life. Oh, and: Sin's Instant Kill is the greatest thing that I have ever seen.

Sol main hailing from Florida here, anyone wanna play sometime? Or even right now?

I should be able to play later today... around 4:00 PM Pacific though.

Honestly though, the lobby system in GG really irks me. I wish I could invite people, instead I have to send a message with the lobby name and password. It makes me want to just play randoms. Last time with Onemic was a pain. The only reason I play with Q is 'cause I can message him through other means so we could set it up easier. I guess it's the price we pay for cross play.

got a ps4 yesterday

after getting bodied by the terrible dl speeds of the ps4, i got the game

now i need a stick that works, or actually some buttons

ShinMaruku

Is there a ghetto easy mode ala marvel and sfxt in this game? I won;t have a my ps4 stick for a month or two but would like to unload Elephet on people

hour one as a pad warrior

i started with i-no's challenges, naturally

everything was going smooth until #28

it took me at least ten minutes to complete because i couldn't do the super at the end of the combo

i could do it after 6p by itself, but during the combo it came out as 6h must of the time

lookin at #29, i certainly don't have the patience for that on a pad right now

NEO0MJ

Those were some great matches, Sayad. Finally a good connection, I's so happy I could cry ;_;

But Millia, damn she's so fast and confusing. Escaping the corner is so difficult for me.

You should join us, Tizoc.

funkyfly

Neo Member
Anyone up for a few games/see how the Australia to NA connection holds up? I finally got enough credits to unlock Sin and I'm itching to see how I fare with him

How is the playerbase in oceania? It's not out on eu/aus PSN yet so I'm afraid online will be dead. Most fighting games that aren't sf4 are pretty dead in oceaniac regions

Sayad

GGs Neo0MJ, I thought our connection would be better honestly since I was getting two or one frames of delay with some random people last night. It's still great though and very playable, just need to get used to some of the tighter stuff(don't think I got a single confirm after mid screen disc cross-up >_<).
Looking forward to playing with you again.

Was in a room where V-Ryu Sensei was stomping everyone else with I-No last night. Made me want to play her more...

rookiejet

I started stalking japanese players like

uBtsRaK.gif

Can anyone recommend any Axl Low videos on youtube, like anyone who has uploaded some good videos, whether tutorials or just matches. This is the first time ever really trying a character like him in any fighters I'm not used to straight up spacing/zoning fighters.

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't play I-No on this lol. Don't feel like using more Millia again though.

Edit: Guess I'll use her for a few more and then grab lunch.

Edit: I'm going after this one match, Q.

GGs everyone

GGs. Those matches pissed me off a lot. I have no idea how you keep grabbing through my command grab, or how you keep grabbing me while I am trying to grab you. This game needs some fucking throw techs, because it just feels random right now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs. Those matches pissed me off a lot. I have no idea how you keep grabbing through my command grab, or how you keep grabbing me while I am trying to grab you. This game needs some fucking throw techs, because it just feels random right now.

I've played GG for almost 10 years now, you get the feel for the throws. Don't forget that even if the game had AC's throw techs it was still a 0 frame tech window for neutral and 1-2 frames to be at a disadvantage.

Zato's command grab has a 6 frame start up. If you want to counter throws use Drunkard Shade

Top Bottom