• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Nothing is more annoying than fighting Chipp with Ky. You have to throw away how he's supposed to be played completely and play derpy

I don't like that matchup either. Lots more flailing than I would like.

That and it's too bad 2D Stun DIpper doesn't work for the extra damage on him.

Grifter

Elphelt and tournament stage are the preferred stages. Ky and Axl's are the ones with problems iirc.
Do you recall the names?
Having to micro-dash against Millia with Ky is slightly annoying.
Following what, 214K?
Put in an order for my TE2 so I'll finally be able to get some matches in with you guys when they ship. (which seems like forever)

I am prepared to get bodied endlessly for not being able to play for so long.

Man, about time. You've been lingering around for a while without a way to play.

Rhapsody

Banned
Do you recall the names?

Following what, 214K?

Man, about time. You've been lingering around for a while without a way to play.

I don't recall the names. Ky's is the one with a bunch of knights while Axl is indeed the train stage.
Although for me online, it's all sort of starts feeling the same anyway with delays lol.

And after Ky's 236D stuff. You have to microdash for some followups depending on the distance/starter.

Sayad

I got my PS4 for Xrd. :lol
Same here, well, kinda(was getting one anyway before Bloodborne). Sony really need to implement PS4 to PS3 messaging though, it's ridiculous that this doesn't work.

As a Millia player, I hate the mirror match more than playing against Chipp, such a bullshit character.
>__>

I imagine Ky's mirror match would be really fun though.

Grifter

Does anyone know the gaps in Leo's pressure?

A buddy forced me to study Azrael in BB after getting his frame traps really tight and now he's bringing that w/Leo, except there's even less visible holes here.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Does anyone know the gaps in Leo's pressure?

A buddy forced me to study Azrael in BB after getting his frame traps really tight and now he's bringing that w/Leo, except there's even less visible holes here.

Option select-Throw him out of his Crossup slash.

Throw him after his stand HS if you think he'll go for the 6HS (Big overhand swipe).

Don't press buttons after blocking 6HS, he's +5

Alternatively, Blitz Shield.

So I just perfected a sol player with axl. ....the world is right in my book lol. Been trying to play players from across the world actually and since then have seen different habits and what not. Still need a hell of a lot more work but I'm noticing myself get better so I'm satisfied for now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I just perfected a sol player with axl. ....the world is right in my book lol. Been trying to play players from across the world actually and since then have seen different habits and what not. Still need a hell of a lot more work but I'm noticing myself get better so I'm satisfied for now.

Once you learn what to do with Axl you can blow up worse players pretty easy, the problem is playing people that know how to fight him. At least he has the best DP
I imagine Ky's mirror match would be really fun though.

It's not, who ever gets the momentum going first pretty much wins.

4r5

Slayer mirrors are fun.

Basically non-setplay mirrors are fun. It's Player vs Player without the middleman.

AAK

So I just started doing the Mission trials. I just got to Trial number 5 and I keep doing the sweep into the qcf+k combo... it even shows it's a 3 hit combo but half the time it's telling me it's failed. What's the actual criteria for this mission?

So I just started doing the Mission trials. I just got to Trial number 5 and I keep doing the sweep into the qcf+k combo... it even shows it's a 3 hit combo but half the time it's telling me it's failed. What's the actual criteria for this mission?

Hit confirm with P, K, when they don't block finish with 2D, 236K.

FluxWaveZ

I won't be going, but it's really cool to see P4AU and Xrd represented. The lineup announcement's motivated me to get back into those games again.

I won't be going, but it's really cool to see P4AU and Xrd represented. The lineup announcement's motivated me to get back into those games again.
I was hoping by a longshot blazblue would make it in after the amazing showing last year

I think I am going to go and get my ass beat at some persona though

GoaThief

I need someone to teach me this game, there's not so many resources online and the ones that are speak a different language.

Any advice? I'm losing to a button mashing 15 year old. :-(

I need someone to teach me this game, there's not so many resources online and the ones that are speak a different language.

Any advice? I'm losing to a button mashing 15 year old. :-(

The game has an in-depth tutorial (both basics/mechanics and character challenges). I also played a bit of MOM to get myself a bit acquainted with the combos. I'm still no good at this game though, so someone else may have better suggestions.

Sayad

Switched to Ky to play ranked, way more compatible with lag than Millia or I-No, don't judge me, I'm only doing it for the trophies... Don't judge me. >__>

Volcynika

Switched to Ky to play ranked, way more compatible with lag than Millia or I-No, don't judge me, I'm only doing it for the trophies... Don't judge me. >__>

image.php

She judges you.

Sin reminds me a lot of Guy from street fighter, fun as heck to play as and hardly ever see anyone play as him.

which is good because then no one has any match up experience :3

Edit: and then a millia out of nowhere cans my 8 game streak :/

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played for like 3 weeks. I guess I got a bit burnt after getting my copy and marathoning story mode and like 50 matches in 3 days. How's the online population looking? I need to get some more practice really.

Sayad

Been missing around with Chroming Rose in training mode and trying some Instant Kill combos, so... Millia with Chroming Rose can confirm into IK anywhere on screen from TK Bad Mood and her ground grab, and in the corner from pretty much anything including Hair Car, no RRC/YRC needed!

If this game allowed comboing into IK outside red health Millia would have been the most broken FG character we've seen in years, even with the long IK mode activation.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Been missing around with Chroming Rose in training mode and trying some Instant Kill combos, so... Millia with Chroming Rose can confirm into IK anywhere on screen from TK Bad Mood and her ground grab, and in the corner from pretty much anything including Hair Car, no RRC/YRC needed!

If this game allowed comboing into IK outside red health Millia would have been the most broken FG character we've seen in years, even with the long IK mode activation.

She would have been, thankfully that honor still belongs to 1.0 Kokonoe

JK it belongs to CT Carl

Nyoro SF

She would have been, thankfully that honor still belongs to 1.0 Kokonoe

JK it belongs to CT Carl

Everyone forgets
Clap clap clap
slap slap slap

But what's even funnier in retrospect were the people defending the clap loop, saying that Carl "needed it"

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Everyone forgets
Clap clap clap
slap slap slap

But what's even funnier in retrospect were the people defending the clap loop, saying that Carl "needed it"

He technically did since he was a piece of shit without it. His damage output was horrible. Not to mention Ada didn't have her fireball yet

Azure J

Question for all the Elphelts (as always), how does one do the perfect reload for her rifle? I don't know what I should be doing or looking out for and after getting it by accident three times in a row during a match against Sin just now, I figure that's something I should make a legit part of my game.

In other news, after getting slapped backwards by a bunch of people online, I think I can finally see the mistakes I'm making and fixing/adapting better. I would like to know one thing real fast though, is Elphelt's far S - 2HS - 2D a real block string or something best left for surprises?

Rhapsody

Banned
Question for all the Elphelts (as always), how does one do the perfect reload for her rifle? I don't know what I should be doing or looking out for and after getting it by accident three times in a row during a match against Sin just now, I figure that's something I should make a legit part of my game.

In other news, after getting slapped backwards by a bunch of people online, I think I can finally see the mistakes I'm making and fixing/adapting better. I would like to know one thing real fast though, is Elphelt's far S - 2HS - 2D a real block string or something best left for surprises?

When doing the reload, make sure 6 and S are being inputted at the same time. Also, don't input the reload right when you fire the shot, you have to wait a bit if you want the perfect reload.

IIRC, f.S > 2HS is not a solid blockstring, but I think it can catch late mashers.

Azure J

When doing the reload, make sure 6 and S are being inputted at the same time. Also, don't input the reload right when you fire the shot, you have to wait a bit if you want the perfect reload.

IIRC, f.S > 2HS is not a solid blockstring, but I think it can catch late mashers.

So basically, shoot, wait for her to start the put away animation, then 4 - 6+S?

ajb1888

Banned
As fortune would have it, I now own a PS4! Xrd will be the first game I pop in the console when I return from work today. You always remember your first lol :)

Gonna be a fun evening!

Azure J

I wonder what they'll do with Elphelt. At the most I hope they just fix/normalize shotty damage and berry timer during slowdowns.

How the hell do you deal with elphelt when she bas you in the corner with shotgun stance. Specifically, what are your options. Im using sol.

Rhapsody

Banned
How the hell do you deal with elphelt when she bas you in the corner with shotgun stance. Specifically, what are your options. Im using sol.

Her shotgun stance is terrifying in the corner, so much that's plus on block. Really hard to deal with when you fight a good Elphelt.

There's no real easy answer to deal with her pressure (that I can give). You have to be patient, but the command grab and frame traps can easily open you up.

Anbec7

Havin trouble with Sin against I-no and Ky I mean what the hell! everything I do gets beaten... or maybe because my friend is a veteran but.. still.... any tips?

Azure J

As someone who uses El and hates Sol, I want to tell you to accept death. :lol

But honestly, use faultless defense when she comes in with jabs to push her back out. When this happens, the Elph player will start using her K gun butt (the traveling uppercut with the shotgun) to try and reset the pressure. If you sniff it out, sweep with Sol's
fucking stupid
godlike 2D or regular block it and alpha counter/dead angle it. When she tries to condition you into long blocks, keep in mind that the next maneuver is to crack you open with the command grab by dashing in and using the momentum to rush into the proper range for it to work. Jumping out might be the easiest bet there, but try not to get overly reliant on it.

If El is using consistent shotgun blast pressure though, you really can't challenge it, not with Sol anyway.

Try practicing different types of blocks to (Just Frame/Blitz Shield) just to get more options in that situation. Also if she has a berry in hand, you pretty much have to hold all of that until berry detonates or force it to detonate in her hand.

Top Bottom