• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

It's actually really cool to watch the inputs during the demonstration for challenges. It really helps with some stuff like instant air QCF moves can be done with a 2369 motion or that during demonstration an air throw was done with 896HS.

wwm0nkey

Liked the story and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

Also the online is a lot of fun and I'm finally able to hold my own in a fighter!

Onemic

It's actually really cool to watch the inputs during the demonstration for challenges. It really helps with some stuff like instant air QCF moves can be done with a 2369 motion or that during demonstration an air throw was done with 896HS.

I really like how most of the challenges actually have you do useful combos.

Uraizen

Banned
Well that's kind of like asking someone why you let your opponent knock you down. To which the answer would be that you don't let your opponent do anything, they make reads and if they are correct they are rewarded for it. In this case, the opponent has made a move and I'm asking how to react to that. Looking over the post again it says DP, Super, throw or jump as a response so I guess I'll go with that.

I didn't know about the 8 frames protection. That will be useful.

I was just repeating what I interpreted it as.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow PS4 messaging sucks. 2 minutes to send a damn message.

Anyways bob the room password is: neo

edit; or it'll just fail sending the message, wow what shit.

Bob White

Yeah, Ferrio, I can't find your room when I search and none of my messages are going to you because psn keeps telling me they're failing.

...How is trying to get a game together with someone online this hard in 2014?

Hubb

Yeah, Ferrio, I can't find your room when I search and none of my messages are going to you because psn keeps telling me they're failing.

...How is trying to get a game together with someone online this hard in 2014?

Do both of you have NAT 2 or lower? I've had issues in the past due to the NAT setting.

Ferrio

Banned
GGs bob, friend called so I have to jet soon. Might have to reconsider Chipp, might be a bit too much finesse for me especially online.

Any info on the scenario mode?
Is it like BlazBlue? Or is it just cutscenes?

You mean the story mode?

It's similar to BBCP for example in the sense that it's laid out like a visual novel, characters talk and events occur.

The difference in GGXrd is that there is no fighting in the story mode. Any fights that occur are resolved through the story instead of through a gameplay segment like previous ArcSys games.

The biggest change is in the visual presentation. With the move to 3D they have a lot more control over how they can present the story. In Blazblue you'd have some 2D character art on the screen while dialogue occurs. Fights (ones that weren't resolved in gameplay) were represented as the 2D art disappearing for a second followed by some slash sfx and sound effects. During a few scenes you'd have some 2D full screen art covering the screen (usually reserved for important moments) while characters talk and stuff happens.

In GGXrd everything is animated. You have different camera angles, characters moving around and emoting (fights are animated). They're no longer limited to just a few different facial expressions on static 2D art. I can't stress how much better it looks visually because of the move to 3D and what they've done with it.

A Blazblue story mode done in GGXrd's style would be pretty amazing imo. All the new characters (Bedman, Ramlethal, Sin, Elphelt, Leo) get a good amount of screen time and as a result I like them a lot more than I did before.

Overall I think it's ArcSys' best story mode they've made yet.

Onemic

You mean the story mode?

It's similar to BBCP for example in the sense that it's laid out like a visual novel, characters talk and events occur.

The difference in GGXrd is that there is no fighting in the story mode. Any fights that occur are resolved through the story instead of through a gameplay segment like previous ArcSys games.

The biggest change is in the visual presentation. With the move to 3D they have a lot more control over how they can present the story. In Blazblue you'd have some 2D character art on the screen while dialogue occurs. Fights (ones that weren't resolved in gameplay) were represented as the 2D art disappearing for a second followed by some slash sfx and sound effects. During a few scenes you'd have some 2D full screen art covering the screen (usually reserved for important moments) while characters talk and stuff happens.

In GGXrd everything is animated. You have different camera angles, characters moving around and emoting (fights are animated). They're no longer limited to just a few different facial expressions on static 2D art. I can't stress how much better it looks visually because of the move to 3D and what they've done with it.

A Blazblue story mode done in GGXrd's style would be pretty amazing imo. All the new characters (Bedman, Ramlethal, Sin, Elphelt, Leo) get a good amount of screen time and as a result I like them a lot more than I did before.

How long is story mode?

Uthred

usf4 madcatz sticks are taking preorder and shipping out early this month. Guilty Gear version is shipping mid dec though.

Only in the US and if he's importing the game he's likely not there. Madcatz sticks only available via the online store which only ships to the US and Canada. At the moment the only other opion is the HRAP 4 (or paying someone to do a padhack/doing it yourself)

Jawmuncher

You mean the story mode?

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the impressions.
Have barely been able to find anything about it.

How long is story mode?

For me it took around 7-8 hours. That's with me sometimes cutting some bits of dialogue off because I read fast.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the impressions.
Have barely been able to find anything about it.

If you enjoyed Blazblue's story I think you're going to appreciate the changes.

I honestly don't mind the absence of fights this time around. I think it flows better. You can save your progress at any time so it's easy to jump out and do something else if you want.

xezuru

Im getting super hyped to play this game even though I know I don't have the money for it, atleast PS3 version is 10 off, STILL have no idea who to main, my girl baiken isnt in this shizz

Astarte

Alright less do this I think I already have you added from our disastrous +R session...

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with this lobby

Astarte

Someone invite me because I don't know how to work this crazy contraption:
ID: Darknightly

..actually a lobby would be totally rad somewhere

tbm24

Not sure of this would be an appropriate place to ask but should make sense I think. To all playing Xrd on PS4 using an arcade stick. Did any of you pad hack a DS4? I'd like to do it tomorrow but I've tried collecting all the information today and it's very scarce. The best source I have from SRK revolves around sticking a DS4 into a multi-console mod. I'd simply like to hack the pad and have the stick be only for the PS4.

Xrd on pad, I simply can't do it. If you can more power to you.

Astarte

Made a lobby in district 9B on the west coast. Lobby name gaf

I am looking at these connections between us and these 0 bars :<

Not sure of this would be an appropriate place to ask but should make sense I think. To all playing Xrd on PS4 using an arcade stick. Did any of you pad hack a DS4? I'd like to do it tomorrow but I've tried collecting all the information today and it's very scarce. The best source I have from SRK revolves around sticking a DS4 into a multi-console mod. I'd simply like to hack the pad and have the stick be only for the PS4.

Xrd on pad, I simply can't do it. If you can more power to you.

Oh uh didn't some people just buy a PS4 stick?

Bob White

When everyone gets the chance, will people who played in my lobby tell us your State? I'm just interested to know general distance and overall quality of the games. I think Q is from NorCal but I'm not sure.

Astarte

Oh my god I'm sorry for that match milktea
I live in Georgia and I just had a pretty terrifyingly bad 10-11 frame lag match...don't think I should be playing here ._.

tbm24

I am looking at these connections between us and these 0 bars :<

Oh uh didn't some people just buy a PS4 stick?

I'd imagine most did. Hoping there's someone that pad hacked it. Hori sticks are sold out(sans ebay) and mad catz hasn't released theirs yet. That and I have 6 or 7 arcade sticks lying around so my motivation to buy a new one isn't very high when there are options.

Astarte

I'd imagine most did. Hoping there's someone that pad hacked it. Hori sticks are sold out(sans ebay) and mad catz hasn't released theirs yet. That and I have 6 or 7 arcade sticks lying around so my motivation to buy a new one isn't very high when there are options.

I think I saw a thread offering padhacking services for sticks on SRK in the Tech Talk board..

Here it is!

For 140 bucks though :/ and I totally read your question wrong sorry

GGs, but our connections just aren't really meant to play each other =.=

Oog, my connections with everyone averaged 1-2

I mean, sure what do I even expect from international connections, but it's not like some of the local connections are any better :|

Top Bottom