• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Jinaar

My first PS4 game bought was this. And boy... does this game shine. For a fighter, the most impressive thing is the loading. Feels like there is none compared to other fighters like Killer Instinct on the XBONE where you can make 2 sandwiches before the match starts. That Unreal Engine is unreal.

The graphics are numbingly great. Just pleases me so much and I wish more games would come out like this. Music is what this series is known for and it's amplifies everything else in the game to higher heights.

Playing all the characters first in ARCADE mode and then will step online. Looking forward to it. Such a wonderful game.

Yeah I'm having the same issues right now. Its bad for me because I can't really play during the week due to work, so I really can't go into training mode or play matches until the weekend.

The worst part is trying to find people online who know how to play their character. When I finally find someone to play they play a match or two then leave. This is probably the case in most fighters, but it just seems harder to find and play good people in this game. Hell, I still fight people who refuse to block on wake up.

The biggest issue I have is maintaining pressure as Potemkin. After knockdown I'm always doing the same oki over and over again, even though I go through training mode and practice different shit. Its a habit I'm trying to kill but it keeps coming back. I just can't start (and maintain) offense against good people in this game.

Play with people on GAF. Otherwise, random is a toss up because a lot of them want quick matches and leave.

Has anyone noticed that potemkin players lag a lot? It's like a lot of them spike all over and have 10+ frames. It's an impossible fight with Millia.

Sayad

Has anyone noticed that potemkin players lag a lot? It's like a lot of them spike all over and have 10+ frames. It's an impossible fight with Millia.
Haha, I think it's more that Pot players don't really mind the lag, so they don't go out of their way to avoid laggy, games. Their combos are 2 or so hits and their mix up is very simple.

OceanBlue

Use 2S to AA me. It basically shuts my options down. In long distance neutral, I've seen other Rams deploy their swords. Once you have me blocking, you can chase me down for mixups. Honestly, that's all I really know because those are the two things that I look out for against Ram. Sorry, I'm not that much of a help. She does scary amounts of damage though.

I need to work on putting down swords. It sounds really silly but I always get locked down when people do it to me, but people always just jump away from them when I do it, and then my neutral tools without swords feel kinda bad :<. I don't really understand when or how to do it properly yet. Lol any help is useful because I tend to hesitate doing basic things that people should be doing, so thanks!

Yeah, you don't want to contest Digitalis most of the time. You just gotta wait a split second and if it doesn't come out, you can contest it. You also didn't recover after my dust air follow up, which gave me a free set up. Mash it out in the air to recover. I don't say this to most people, but you need to press more buttons. You ended up respecting me too much, which you really shouldn't because I'm playing it unsafe as hell. Your swords >> any part of my hair.

Lol yeah I kinda forget to mash tech sometimes. I'll definitely try pressing f.S more. I was afraid of IAD pin or something so I didn't abuse it too much, but then I just got counter hit by f.S for hesitating. I also remember getting hit by dust a lot when I tried to dash forward and f.S, so I probably need to work on spacing more lol.

Welp, just decided to go to Evo this year. Anyone other GAFfers going?

I know for sure I'll be seeing Q there. Need to meet that guy in person since he basically taught me everything I know.

I need to work on putting down swords. It sounds really silly but I always get locked down when people do it to me, but people always just jump away from them when I do it, and then my neutral tools without swords feel kinda bad :<. I don't really understand when or how to do it properly yet. Lol any help is useful because I tend to hesitate doing basic things that people should be doing, so thanks!

It's controlling space. If they jump away, you know you're controlling ground. Do them in the corner after a knockdown, so it's free oki. I have no idea how different she is without swords though. Onemic uses Ram, so maybe he has a better input? I remember getting owned by this guy a few weeks ago. Haven't seen him in a while though.

Essay

You'll get the timing for meaty swords on oki with time. Are you just always doing it too late? I say see if you can do it too early so you know what kind of window you're working with so you can find the timing's sweet-spot.

One thing her swordless normals are actually still good for though is air-to-air. Dash jump/superjump up with them if it's clear they're going up and try to tag them with her godlike j.P's. Confirm into j.8D on hit, or keep j.PPP'ing on block. If the angles are right you can just keep them in blockstun until you hit the ground and force them to FD your grounded-normal, or just pressure off of 4P. If they're going to land first, you could even cancel into into a late j.2D, or maybe a sword-set/recall to mixup with land > throw/low.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Welp, just decided to go to Evo this year. Anyone other GAFfers going?

I know for sure I'll be seeing Q there. Need to meet that guy in person since he basically taught me everything I know.

This is why you suck, you learned how to fight from a cripple.
Kappa

OceanBlue

It's controlling space. If they jump away, you know you're controlling ground. Do them in the corner after a knockdown, so it's free oki. I have no idea how different she is without swords though. Onemic uses Ram, so maybe he has a better input? I remember getting owned by this guy a few weeks ago. Haven't seen him in a while though.

I guess I just need to think more about what happens after I get people to jump away from swords. Maybe I'll watch some videos and try to see what other Ram players do with swords in neutral.

You'll get the timing for meaty swords on oki with time. Are you just always doing it too late? I say see if you can do it too early so you know what kind of window you're working with so you can find the timing's sweet-spot.

One thing her swordless normals are actually still good for though is air-to-air. Dash jump/superjump up with them if it's clear they're going up and try to tag them with her godlike j.P's. Confirm into j.8D on hit, or keep j.PPP'ing on block. If the angles are right you can just keep them in blockstun until you hit the ground and force them to FD your grounded-normal, or just pressure off of 4P. If they're going to land first, you could even cancel into into a late j.2D, or maybe a sword-set/recall to mixup with land > throw/low.

Lol yeah j.P is amazing. I need to practice swords off of different combo situations and see what happens. I definitely don't do 4P strings after landing with j.P enough, so I'll give that a try too.

Play with people on GAF. Otherwise, random is a toss up because a lot of them want quick matches and leave.

Laggers tend to play lag-friendly characters.

GGs. damn this matchup is hard for faust.

GGs. The one thing Faust is range so try to outpoke her. Also, after the overhead, I THINK you could do the pogo stick which leads to insane damage.

I got so excited to guess that one super correctly, only to turn into another grim reaper.

hypernima

Banned
GGs. The one thing Faust is range so try to outpoke her. Also, after the overhead, I THINK you could do the pogo stick which leads to insane damage.

I got so excited to guess that one super correctly, only to turn into another grim reaper.

Yea I always cancel but it seems hard online, its also dependent on range too.

Zissou

Overhead into pogo misses if you're too far away. On CH, it can combo into rerere, so go for that outside of pogo range- if they pressed a button, they're fucked.

Azure J

Watched up to 3of6. You have a habit of giving up space. Can't make out why. Stand your ground, attack your fears!

A lot of the time, I'm either testing a movement option out, trying to get some zoning started or just plain out of ideas, especially against that. :lol

I was much worse around release though, trust me. Anything else sticking out in your eyes?

4r5

A lot of the time, I'm either testing a movement option out, trying to get some zoning started or just plain out of ideas, especially against that. :lol

I was much worse around release though, trust me. Anything else sticking out in your eyes?

I'm up to 5of 6 now. Your body language is a lot more confident in the Sol matchup, but you still have the habit of giving up space. I'm starting to see that this habit is born from your brother favoring to close space via use of BIG special moves. Looks like you are playing it safe and just getting out of the way, instead of punishing these risky maneuvers and putting momentum in your favor.

Most everything else I see is other basic stuff, you're new after all. Time your meaties correctly, throw your berry, know yourself, know your opponent, etc. Also, you seem to have trouble with jumping. I see alot of Elphelts use 6H to punish/discourage jumping. It hits a big area.

Rhapsody

Banned
Copy/Pasting my post from FGW:

Loketest pdf is out right now. It's in Japanese, but click the DL link if you're curious
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=1386

Xie also tweeted this out
Skimming the changes real quick, Blue Burst state now forces Red RC (as expected), but they increased the input buffer length for stuff too?
https://twitter.com/XiePlus/status/562906111259721729

So basically this removes the YRC OS to blow up bursts. Supposed input buffer length increase surprises me though.
Elphelt's grenade: -Has a hitbox that can be attacked -Misfires if Elphelt is hit -Blows up immediately when it touches a projectile
https://twitter.com/XiePlus/status/562907166240436224

OceanBlue

Ramlethal's air swords have a lot more recovery now :(. I wonder if she'll even still be able to do air dash mixups after them lol.

Skimmed through the changes a bit...

It seems that May's Overhead Kiss got changed to a dragon punch+K motion?

If so, FUCKING YES!!!!!

EDIT: It seems the only things that changed with Potemkin were his standing P, Hammerfall, a big change to Trishula, and something about a "homing dash", I'm not really sure. I await the translations.

Azure J

Have the Elphelt notes gone up yet? I'm equally scared and curious about how they'll be changing her.

Not an Elphelt player but from playing against her, you're not using 6HS anywhere near as much as other El players. ;p

Outside Pot and Faust, El's 6HS is probably the best normal in the game.

I have this issue where I always want to use it to keep people grounded or swat folks out of the air but I never go for it more than a few times. What's even more upsetting is at times my super inputs become raw 6HSs because I choke. :lol

Tangent: I've subconciously ingrained setting off a berry bomb on myself as my "taunt" after my round wins. :lol

The Elphelt reactions are adorkable.

xgre

Neo Member
Add me, xgre I'm new to the game series but have intentions on getting good. Also a faust main at the moment

Naite

Skimming the slayer changes, looks like I'll be spamming 6p a lot more than I already do. Also glad that P dandy pilebunker will have more range.

The delicious tears from the Elph and Zato players. mmmm yummy....

Can someone post the changes (mainly millia)? I'm trying to look for it and can't find it anywhere.

Also, it doesn't matter what happens to Zato, just as long as ogawa plays. ONLY ogawa though.

Can someone post the changes (mainly millia)? I'm trying to look for it and can't find it anywhere.

6K - Attack level is reduced from 4 to 2

Dead Angle Attack - the motion is changed, now blows the opponent sideways on hit

Digitalis (214K > HS) - the untech time on counter-hit is increased; the recovery is increased from 23 to 26 frames; P1 changed from 80 to 75

Winger (2141236HS) - the opponent now rolls along the ground rather than getting wall-bounced on hit; the forced proration on hit is now removed, P1 is now 90, and the last hit reduces the R.I.S.C. Level by 15

These are pretty fair nerfs

Also, it doesn't matter what happens to Zato, just as long as ogawa plays. ONLY ogawa though.

Ogawa's going back to Aquapazza lolol

I caved and imported this game, I've played around a little with Potemkin (a series favourite) and I'm loving this game. It looks and plays amazingly and I can see me spending lots of time trying to learn the game. Only thing I'm confused about is that am I supposed to have a download code for a DLC character? The game case said so but I don't see any kind of download code in the case (unless I'm being really stupid!).

Volcynika

I caved and imported this game, I've played around a little with Potemkin (a series favourite) and I'm loving this game. It looks and plays amazingly and I can see me spending lots of time trying to learn the game. Only thing I'm confused about is that am I supposed to have a download code for a DLC character? The game case said so but I don't see any kind of download code in the case (unless I'm being really stupid!).

Which region did you import from?

Top Bottom