• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

SkylineRKR

I think I recall an advertisement for Elphelt or something on the shrink wrap, but I don't remember anything saying about an included DLC code. There is no DLC code for her, but she was free the first week of release.

Yep, it puzzled me too at first but I could find her in the Store for free.

Edzi

I know games like this end up getting a lot of updates and rereleases, so with that in mind, would you guys recommend getting this game digitally or just going for physical? I know physical typically drops in price sooner, but digital for a fighter is just super convenient since it's always there. Buying updates for a digital copy sounds like less hassle than buying updated rereleases too... I'm torn.

Bebpo

Banned
Glad Slayer got some buffs. Was so sad seeing how shitty he was in this one compared to the older games where he was a great character and one of my favs.

Essay

I'm very happy looking at the patch notes overall. I'm even honestly happy about the blitzshield countering against close projectile hits, and I probably spammed VCL YRC's more than any I-No player out there. But...

I expected Ram to get nerfed, but not like this :(

...yeah, one or maybe two of those nerfs to prevent the j.D loops would've been fine, but all three seems excessive. The execution-junkie in me had secretly wished they would make green daruo more challenging though, as I got bored with her when I noticed I was never missing it despite minimal practice. (Asking for higher-execution in fighting games makes me a horrible person.)

Essay

what's the history on arc and loctest changes vs final changes though

The team was a little different when they were loktesting +R, but it took multiple revisions spread across several months. The first loktest dreamed pretty big (if you hated Zappa's final version of sword summon, the early loktest ones would've made you abandon anime), but they did well to respond to feedback and patiently rework things.

Xrd, however, is a much wider release, akin to BlazBlue, which never seemed to get the same long-loktest-period treatment.

Dlent

I don't think Ram needed it that hard, but it fills me with sadistic glee that every online Ram can no longer play the game now.

EDIT: What am I thinking, now I'll just fight Ky in 80% of my matches instead of 50%

Fuck yeah Zato nerfs and decreases in Pineberry effectiveness. Kind of salty that Pot didn't get his command grab changed to the 623K motion like May to combat the hilarious amount of move overlap but hopefully "Inputs for certain command moves such as Special Moves and Overdrive Attacks have been made easier." means that the noteworthy stupid motions that still exist in the game will be more lenient in terms of their execution.

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of being able to YRC Trishula though.

OceanBlue

ほーちゃん | Ho-chan @hc0519

Ram's secret nerf. Tranci-super does 10hit less and it disappears if you hit Ram before swords come out.

Lmao. I guess I'm playing Ky! :V

Nah I'll still play Ram. I don't have as much time nowadays though so if everything combined ends up being too much I'll probably switch.

Marz

So 2 months after the NA release they announce balance changes which drastically alter how some characters will play?

No wonder these games never gain any traction in the states.

So 2 months after the NA release they announce balance changes which drastically alter how some characters will play?

No wonder these games never gain any traction in the states.

Its been like a year since the arcade release though, Im actually more surprised that this loketest didn't come with the announcement of more playable characters so at the very least I think we're safe in assuming that an "Extend" is still more than a few months out.

Korigama

Sent the invite.

For anyone else interested, information is below.

Room name: summerdrone
02 North America 1, District 3A (Northeast)#03

Password: gaf

Zissou

So many secret/unlisted changes in the loc test build (if my twitter feed is anything to go by). I ALREADY SUCK ARCSYS. WHY ARE YOU NERFING FAUST SO MUCHHHHHH
T_T

Rhapsody

Banned
So many secret/unlisted changes in the loc test build (if my twitter feed is anything to go by). I ALREADY SUCK ARCSYS. WHY ARE YOU NERFING FAUST SO MUCHHHHHH
T_T
What are the unlisted nerfs? I've only read about GMW getting a damage nerf so far.

Essay

GG's, especially to risotto for the long set. Wish I could've shown you offline/1-2f I-No things, but we get what we get. Til next time.

Zissou

not too torn up about Love but come on. Faust's damage is pretty tame as most his bnbs barely break 150

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled. The agreed upon top five are all nerfed in various ways. Faust was the worst of the five though.

Blitz shield working on projectiles seems like a big nerf to projectile-based oki and if the reversal window has really been lengthened (or otherwise made easier through a more lenient input buffer), oki taking another hut there too. Hmmm...

Anyone here willing to play with a complete newbie sometime this weekend? I just now got time to sit down and play this and I had a huge amount of fun online. Still figuring out the flow and what not of the game but I'm digging it. Also in a character crisis a bit trying to figure out who I like.

On PS3, South East USA (Georgia) btw.

Top Bottom