• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

You can't blitz meaties?

@Karst
Isn't that third change a damage nerf? Right now the move doesn't prorate at all.

His 6K will stay shit until it is faster. It has a 23 frame startup and a very clear animation.

I think the biggest problem to me is that Zato has three ways to play with his shadow:
1) Summon Eddie in the neutral and try to approach while controlling both characters.
2) Summon Eddie from a puddle, safely, when an opponent is above or behind it.
3) Summon Eddie after a knockdown with Zato.

1 and 2 are both getting nerfed. Method 1 is very high risk, and you usually have to play Eddie on the assumption that you will lose him in exchange for a 22H knockdown. Then you can pressure solo with Zato until Eddie recovers, and it ends up being a slightly beneficial exchange due to chip and the initial 22H. Now, if Eddie recovers slower, it isn't such a good trade.

They basically want to penalize Zato players for doing anything but 3. For a mediocre Zato like me, it is pretty frustrating. I can understand nerfing 2, because puddle summons are extremely good, but 1 and 2 taking a hit seems extreme to me.

I am also basing this on Ogawa's play more than mine. When he goes for method 1, he almost always loses Eddie like I mentioned above. I feel like the current Eddie recharge timer is pretty fair. If they want to make puddles attack-able, I am okay with that because Ram and Elphelt are also getting nerds to their ranged pressure game, so it seems like they are trying to make matchups more reasonable for Potemkin. Plus, Zato can space himself to punish a puddle kill, so it adds a new level of mind games to him. It could deepen his play while balancing matches, so that is fine.

Costing Eddie meter for a summon is more annoying than anything. When I get a knockdown, I usually summon from the puddle just because it is positioned behind my opponent. I guess I would need to see how much shadow meter it takes.

Zato is really easy to anti-air without Eddie backing him up. Unless the j.K hitbox change is massive, I don't think it is a big deal. It will make double overheads slightly easier, but who cares about that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly I really hope they revert a chunk of those Ky buffs. The bonus frame on 6hs is fine as that helps with funky wake up times and such. But those Air stun adge changes LOL

Dude's starting to inch close to Slash Ky at this point and that's the biggest fuck up in any of the GG games imo

Grifter

GG's, especially to risotto for the long set. Wish I could've shown you offline/1-2f I-No things, but we get what we get. Til next time.

GGs man, I feel ya. Was seeing that trying offline defensive stuff with 5f+ latency was a losing battle so last few games was only plowing forward.

Anyone in the LA area, looks like World 8 is hosting a GG tourney this Saturday. Sign up starts at 5:00 PM, tourney starts at 6:00 PM. $5.00 entry fee, $3.00 venue fee.

Sayad

Millia's other changes:
1.1 Millia (1/3):
- fS, init proration 90
- 2HS, RISC decrease 6->12
- 6P, longer stagger time on counter
- 6HS, bounce on counter

@hc0519
1.1 Millia (2/3):
- 236S, init proration 90
- Ironsaber, recovery 8->10, init.proration 90->80
- garden, easier input timing, proration 90

@hc0519 · 1h 1 hour ago
1.1 Millia (3/3):
- Rose, invul only during flash
- Jump, bigger hurtbox
- Air hurtbox/block motion in general bigger
Those air hurt box changes sound scary... So long, 1.0 jP, you will be missed. :(

Sayad

You have to stay positive, they're probably bringing back HS tandem top not disapearing if Millia block an attack to make up for those changes. :D

You have to stay positive, they're probably bringing back HS tandem top not disapearing if Millia block an attack to make up for those changes. :D

I really doubt all of these changes are added. Unless she gets CS1 Rachel'ed. Universal BS change is nerf enough.

AAK

By the way, how do you guys set the computer to record and play in Practice mode?

The directions say to use L3 and R3 but my arcade stick doesn't have a feature that includes those buttons.

AAK

OH wow, stupid of me not to check. Didn't think there would be a dedicated button for record and play. Thanks.

Buffer input time has been extended? Wow, I thought that Xrd was already pretty generous with its buffer compared to some fighters that I've played, but that's awesome. I hope that change stays in.

It seemed to me that special moves and overdrives were already relatively easy to execute, so I'll be curious to see just what they're going to change about some of them.

And those changes to Sol seem okay by me... although, as someone who's still not exactly "good" at this game yet, I guess I wouldn't truly know how much of an impact those changes to him will have, haha.

Sayad

Don't think they're talking about input buffer for gatling and cancels, they added a buffer during the neutral, wake up, coming out of block stun, etc... Previously the game had no buffer during neutral and 2 frames on wake up for reversals.

crosspost from figuregaf, since probably relevant to some interests here

HELL YEAH!!! Ky Kiske, the worlds prettiest man, will be painted at Wonfest.

234777.jpg

(wonfest is in two days)

4r5

I'm going to have to learn the Ky vs I-No matchup. There's a lot I need to figure out.

Is the MU even?

If you're going to learn the matchup, it shouldn't matter if it's even or not. Knowing it would just supply your mind with excuses or spin your perception and cloud your learning/performance.

it's even

Rhapsody

Banned
If you're going to learn the matchup, it shouldn't matter if it's even or not. Knowing it would just supply your mind with excuses or spin your perception and cloud your learning/performance.

it's even

Haha, true. Notes have been giving me a hard time mostly. Also been back teching out of habit and eating those resets. Been delaying my neutral tech instead, but online sometimes makes me not hit back fast enough.

It was a long set on 3-4 frame delay. All the I-No combos were coming out, so the delay hurt me the most on blocking them : /

Celcius

°Temp. member
Did they stop making copies of the game or something? I got a ps3 copy at launch but today just out of curiosity I tried checking online if any stores around my (Gamestop, Bestbuy, Frys, Walmart, Target, etc...) have any new ps4 physical copies and not a single store does despite the game being released only like 2 months ago :(

Has anyone seen Faust/slayer changes in action? I've been gone for a while due to work/moving into a new place and haven't had much time to play and keep up with any changes this month.

I hope this loketest isn't going to cement the changes I've read as some characters seem to have gotten a little more nerfs than I hoped and Ky is starting to look extremely strong.

Wonfest is here, pics of the Ky haven't shown up but there's an impressive-looking Ramlethal prototype on display.

(I won't spam this thread with posts, will probably do a compilation if enough Xrd-related stuff shows up by the end of it)

That's pretty good! How does the end product usually end up compared to those prototypes?

Depends on the company making it usually. Might be a few details lost due to mass production, but in general they turn out like their prototype usually. Same with color issues when a colored preview gets made and shown a few weeks/months down the line. And those water transfer decals/stickers will most likely be on the actual figure instead of pressed on.

Just my assumption given the size, probably not on the cheaper end of figures thats for sure.

At that size level it's usually pretty close, I'd say roughly that the larger/more elaborate the figure, is the lower the chance of getting really noticable downgrades from the sculpt or a shitty paint job. Company is the bigger factor though.

That Ramlethal is by FREEing, and another company with a decent reputation for doing quality scale figures has also announced they'll be making one of her (Max Factory).

Ky did show up btw, at first I wasn't a big fan of it but it turned out the first shot was just from a poor angle/poor lighting. He looks pretty good:

Also Embrace Japan's Sol figure is getting a recolor version release.

fader

Wonfest is here, pics of the Ky haven't shown up but there's an impressive-looking Ramlethal prototype on display.

(I won't spam this thread with posts, will probably do a compilation if enough Xrd-related stuff shows up by the end of it)

oh baby.... that is so mine.

Top Bottom