• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Man this version of the game is pretty simple to get into to which convinced my girlfriend to probably buy it too. It's sad the demo isn't on PSN anymore since she would have bought it sooner if she could try it.

hypernima

Banned
What happened? His/her Elphelt fucked me UP in one of the first matches I ever got to play online. I want to get that good lol.

When he makes people like Marvisto who just placed at apex seem free there's a problem. People like that, when they lose it just seems they lose on purpose.

Azure J

i would stream if i could but no more ps4, like this dude has no fucking respect with elphelt. 0, none, right now i'm just watching him rush down players waaaaaaay fucking better than me :\

He was so good, I actually started my stream just to have a reference to how I should be using the character. I think I'm going to upload that to my Youtube now for prosperity. This person just runs on a minus level of chill at all times. It's so fucking amazing.

Edit: Aw fuck, that archive got cleaned out from my Twitch stuff. :( I have the replays of us two at it, but the 20 or so matches with the others in the lobby were on that bigger archive.

hypernima

Banned
He was so good, I actually started my stream just to have a reference to how I should be using the character. I think I'm going to upload that to my Youtube now for prosperity. This person just runs on a minus level of chill at all times. It's so fucking amazing.

unsurprisingly the only person in lobby that isnt showing his elphelt respect is a leo player, and its working great lmao.

Azure J

unsurprisingly the only person in lobby that isnt showing his elphelt respect is a leo player, and its working great lmao.

I'm beginning to wonder if Leo is just the answer sometimes. This is particularly hilarious after the mini discussion on the matter early Monday morning in the FGW thread.

Zissou

I played against somebody in a lobby the other day named "arcsys" and proceeded to lose 47-1 against their Ky.

Jesus. Fuck.

o_O

T_T

Kimosabae

Banned
That's cool that they were willing to play you that long. Nothing I hate more than someone that ditches you after a few games without giving you a chance to learn the matchup or show your worth. Anytime something like that happens to me, I always send them a message thanking them to promote that behavior.

That's cool that they were willing to play you that long. Nothing I hate more than someone that ditches you after a few games without giving you a chance to learn the matchup or show your worth. Anytime something like that happens to me, I always send them a message thanking them to promote that behavior.

Nah, the worst is the guy who loses one match then leaves.

I'm okay with people leaving after 3-4 matches, since sometimes they want the quick experience. Sometimes, it's not about learning your opponent, but how FAST you can do it.

edit: scratch that... the worst is when you're in a REALLY good match and the host leaves.

Sayad

Was feeling character switchy today while playing someone(Millia, I-No, Ky), after my second switch he messaged me to stick to my main, I apologized and switched back to Millia. He then messaged me that he thought my main was I-No(by far my worse) since I played better with her... I have failed you Millia. ( .__.)

In my defense, I-No does better against yolo Sols online.

hypernima

Banned
hm, think im done playing people through streams for a while.
is it weird that i like fighting games a lot for the generic fgc mentality doesn't really appeal to me?
anyways anyone up for some?

Hit confirm with P, K, when they don't block finish with 2D, 236K.

I've been trying to pass trial no. 5 (hit confirm ground with Ky) and 236K keeps missing in the second swing, causing me to fail the trial. Does that mean I'm entering it too slowly after my sweep, or too fast? I've tried entering it faster but then I just mess up the qcf and end up not triggering the move at all.

I'm guessing I'm just entering it too slowly (not used to the dualshock) but would like any advice/confirmation as I've been stuck on this trial for hours :( is there a video with the input display turned on out there that I could look at? I've been searching and couldn't find anything.

xezuru

hm, think im done playing people through streams for a while.
is it weird that i like fighting games a lot for the generic fgc mentality doesn't really appeal to me?
anyways anyone up for some?

I actually like being the fighting game watcher more than playing, I mainly buy games I think that are good system wise to support the developers but mainly go out my days getting people to watch tourneys with me and enjoying explaining the options and what why. I love the discovery era when a game first comes out, but after the meta settles down I go with the mentor role as its way better than watching my hands betray my mind actually playing the games.

Rhapsody

Banned
I've been trying to pass trial no. 5 (hit confirm ground with Ky) and 236K keeps missing in the second swing, causing me to fail the trial. Does that mean I'm entering it too slowly after my sweep, or too fast? I've tried entering it faster but then I just mess up the qcf and end up not triggering the move at all.

I'm guessing I'm just entering it too slowly (not used to the dualshock) but would like any advice/confirmation as I've been stuck on this trial for hours :( is there a video with the input display turned on out there that I could look at? I've been searching and couldn't find anything.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there's a point where you have to dash a bit midcombo, otherwise the slash of the 236K will miss. You're actually able to watch the demonstration of each challenge through the menu (or button). It should also show the inputs on the side as well when it's demonstrating.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there's a point where you have to dash a bit midcombo, otherwise the slash of the 236K will miss. You're actually able to watch the demonstration of each challenge through the menu (or button). It should also show the inputs on the side as well when it's demonstrating.

This is the trial mode and there doesn't seem to be a demo option for them (I know the per-character challenges have the demos available).

This is what I'm managing to do right now, which is obviously not working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnFnFaHw_o

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's the same as last time minus the [4]6+S distance buff, the [2]6+S knockback buff, the counter damage buff, and 6P now has more recovery for some reason.

Bah, the 46s and counter reverts suck, I was looking forward to counter doing all the damage in the world.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Already on sale for less than $25? This game bombed hard everywhere, didn't it? :(

RoeBear

So since they're both on sale should I get the PS3 version or PS4? I've seen some people say there is lag with the cross play so which one is the one with the most people on it from here?

Sayad

If you play with a controller, go with the PS4 version for graphic superiority, load time and, maybe, more future proof-ness. Otherwise, the PS3 version is good enough.
If you don't play Ky. ;p

RoeBear

If you play with a controller, go with the PS4 version for graphic superiority, load time and, maybe, more future proof-ness. Otherwise, the PS3 version is good enough.
If you don't play Ky. ;p

Although I don't yet have a PS4 stick I plan to get one for the next BB. Is the load times really that noticeable? After playing BBCP on Vita though not much can be worse.

Sayad

Although I don't yet have a PS4 stick I plan to get one for the next BB. Is the load times really that noticeable? After playing BBCP on Vita though not much can be worse.
It's not that big of a deal considering it's just a few seconds, but load times in general are a bit of a problem in this game with stuff like going back to a loading screen even while restarting a vs game with the same characters/stages.

The game is only taking part in the limited time flash sale.

It's doing well, so not to fret :)
Physical copies seem nowhere to be found, is there going to be another shipment or it's all digital from now on?

Essay

The irony is in the fact that ArkSys is being generous on Valentine's Day, despite ruining Valentine players' days with the loktest changes.

B9HhwgDCAAAyl5q.jpg

RoeBear

Pulled the trigger on PS3 version. I have work in an hour so I won't be able to even play till tomorrow. Also got Leo since he looks cool.

Top Bottom