• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

RoeBear

Nice, now I can make up for all your bodyings of my Litchi in a game I'm more experienced in. ;)

Haha, this is going to be the cold hard truth. It's the main reason I stay away from P4AU. BB is the only fighter where I can do well most of the time.

The game is only taking part in the limited time flash sale.

It's doing well, so not to fret :)
Oh good! Seeing the game for 60% off so soon made me pretty sad earlier thinking that it had not sold very well. I'm happy to know that the game's actually doing fine. Thanks for the info.

Well then, I hope anyone who was on the fence about buying Xrd will pick it up now and experience one of the best fighting games ever!

Sayad

The irony is in the fact that ArkSys is being generous on Valentine's Day, despite ruining Valentine players' days with the loktest changes.

B9HhwgDCAAAyl5q.jpg
But those location test 2 changes? Her prayers were answered, she wont be running around like before any time soon(if ever), but she can walk without the chair now. :D

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Quick yes or no.

I like fighting games
I like story modes
I'd like no lag in most games
I am not good at extremely technical fighting games like blazblue and tekken

Should I buy this?
Thanks.

kogasu

Ok so the sale today for this game was too awesome to pass up. Even though I'm pretty sure there are going to be a million versions of this too heh or at least, hopefully, a DLC included edition.

I'm loving what I've been playing so far though. Very awesome stuff they've done and I still love Millia as my main still but I'll have to try out and see how different everyone else is.

One thing I've noticed is that the audio is a bit weird. Is there a lot of audio compression in the PS3 version or something? I hear the music and I can hear some loss in there and I was wondering if that was a problem on my end or if it's a normal thing.

Rhapsody

Banned
skill ceiling must be very high though at this point right? probably gotta get on a grind to get better right? I am cool with that though. As long as i make progress and get better.

Game's still new, so luckily there's a lot of players with varying skill level. There's quite a grind to get to more of the competitive level, but there's a lot of people to level up with.

SykoTech

Still plenty of different skill level players online, there should be plenty of other newbies to play with since people are jumping all over the sale. I wouldn't say anyone needs to worry about the skill ceiling.

Ah, great to get a confirmation that Xrd's doing well. Happy for you guys.

Sayad

How's the framerate and online performance for the game?
Framerate is perfect on PS4, on PS3 it's generaly perfect in performance mode with some backgrounds running at a lower framerate than the actual game.

Netcode depends on what you consider good, you'd get 2 to 3 frames of lag with people from the same region, and more as they get further/have bad connections.

Essay

Netcode depends on what you consider good, you'd get 2 to 3 frames of lag with people from the same region, and more as they get further/have bad connections.

I've even had good spells of 1 frame delay with people ~450 km away (Ottawa to Toronto) and 3 frame delay with someone as far as Amsterdam (!). The netcode is much better than I expected going in (disregarding the patch that temporarily broke it in mid December), and the only bad connections I've had with people in my region have turned out to be due to their PS3's not being hardwired.

Anyone up for some games right now? send me a FR thru PSN: EscapingJail
ill be on for a bit.

(I have no idea how to gauge my skill in this game so ill say I'm average.)

Darkrider

Hey guys, sorry for the noob questions which I'm sure have been answered but -

I don't have a PS4 stick, is playing with pad viable, can you really do combos? I'd rather play on stick and I do have a PS3 stick - better to get it on PS3 then?

Thanks.

dkeane

Haven't been following this game ...
I tried the demo on PS4 and I can't play fighting games without a stick, but there's no way in hell I'm buying another stick ...
so have the devs talked about adding in support for older sticks?

The sale makes me want to buy.

Hey guys, sorry for the noob questions which I'm sure have been answered but -

I don't have a PS4 stick, is playing with pad viable, can you really do combos? I'd rather play on stick and I do have a PS3 stick - better to get it on PS3 then?

Thanks.

depends how well your hands work.

Plenty of people use default controllers instead of a stick. Not like there are any buttons or anything missing, its all personal choice.

Lemstar

Haven't been following this game ...
I tried the demo on PS4 and I can't play fighting games without a stick, but there's no way in hell I'm buying another stick ...
so have the devs talked about adding in support for older sticks?
You should have zero expectations on that front for any Japanese fighting game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I heard that Guilty Gear Xrd have issues with netcode so i wonder if there is any truth to it?

It's a deal break for me and my friends that we were considering to pick it up on PSN.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I heard that Guilty Gear Xrd have issues with netcode so i wonder if there is any truth to it?

It's a deal break for me and my friends that we were considering to pick it up on PSN.

Have never experienced more than 8 frames of lag. 4-6 is standard. On PS3 at least it is pretty good. Not BBCP good but still pretty good.

4r5

I need to play this more, but I have no one local to play with :(.

A lot of offline local meetups and gatherings are organized in facebook circles, now. Social media becoming the primary mode of communication for people, it can be hard to break in, but have you tried the regional match making forums at dustloop.com and shoryuken.com?

How do you properly do Zato's P, K, -P- strings? My opponent always gets knocked too close to me after -P- to have my command grab as a real threat.

Maulik

Hey guys,

Just bought the game due to the sale. PSN: Recipe4disastr. Only prior experience is blazblue so please be gentle.

Azure J

Really glad to hear this. I hope ArcSys feels good about supporting it further.

Give Johnny ArcSys please

How's the framerate and online performance for the game?

No problems on PS4 with framerate and general performance. Online was spotty at launch but it's now amazing post patch. Of course it depends if you play a lot of online random matches, but overall corded connection hasn't failed me outside of the randoms on the jankiest wifi ever. :lol

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs. I am thoroughly down on myself now. I thought I was improving a lot, but I am just so fucking bad still. Sigh.

Defense is sort of scary to work on when you have characters like Sol rushing you down. I think you definitely improved, just need to work on defense. Anti Airing my Potemkin with super was smart since I was in the middle of a normal, just don't do the super as a reversal since it's really bad if they're point blank. It's not even throw invul. You're still relying on throw as a crutch right now. Be careful against characters like Slayer when they'll do moves that beat throws.

Your pressure is definitely a lot better. Just make sure to go for good punishes when I somehow do hammerfall on block and I'm meterless. You let certain opportunities slip by.

But really though, I see a ton of improvement from last time. Made me really careful when I was Potemkin and Slayer.

Defense is sort of scary to work on when you have characters like Sol rushing you down. I think you definitely improved, just need to work on defense. Anti Airing my Potemkin with super was smart since I was in the middle of a normal, just don't do the super as a reversal since it's really bad if they're point blank. It's not even throw invul. You're still relying on throw as a crutch right now. Be careful against characters like Slayer when they'll do moves that beat throws.

Your pressure is definitely a lot better. Just make sure to go for good punishes when I somehow do hammerfall on block and I'm meterless. You let certain opportunities slip by.

But really though, I see a ton of improvement from last time. Made me really careful when I was Potemkin and Slayer.
Thank you for saying that.

Slayer is my worst nightmare. His animations make it hard to tell what he is doing, and then he has Bionic Arm. -_-

I mess up so many inputs it drives me nuts. I HATE HATE HATE double tap motions. Especially for dashing.

Which move is hammerfall?

Thank you for the tips. This was my first time trying P, K, -P- strings.

Azure J

GGs. I am thoroughly down on myself now. I thought I was improving a lot, but I am just so fucking bad still. Sigh.

Sounds like you and I are in a similar funk. I finally started seeing the right things to do and understanding what Leo wants but it's just so hard to play the long game with him sometimes. The hardest thing I have to do (in fgs in general but moreso with my current opponent - my bro) is get them to respect my character/play, but no matter how "good" I get, that never ever happens, so I just self-destruct and regress to earlier play types where I just think about staying safe above all else. The problem is, forfeiting space vs. Leo fucking sucks and there's a carnival of bat shit should I get knocked down or he get into back turned stance. Couple this with me seeing all the "should haves" I see and I just get so frustrated that I'm not good.

I want to believe that the majority of this is that I'm just not strong in the Leo match up (or match ups in general) but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that I just suck at fighting games either. =/

Zato knowers: what is the best way to follow up from a HS drill hitting?

Sounds like you and I are in a similar funk. I finally started seeing the right things to do and understanding what Leo wants but it's just so hard to play the long game with him sometimes. The hardest thing I have to do (in fgs in general but moreso with my current opponent - my bro) is get them to respect my character/play, but no matter how "good" I get, that never ever happens, so I just self-destruct and regress to earlier play types where I just think about staying safe above all else. The problem is, forfeiting space vs. Leo fucking sucks and there's a carnival of bat shit should I get knocked down or he get into back turned stance. Couple this with me seeing all the "should haves" I see and I just get so frustrated that I'm not good.

I want to believe that the majority of this is that I'm just not strong in the Leo match up (or match ups in general) but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that I just suck at fighting games either. =/
Get a net connection so we can find out. :p

Rhapsody

Banned
Thank you for saying that.

Slayer is my worst nightmare. His animations make it hard to tell what he is doing, and then he has Bionic Arm. -_-

I mess up so many inputs it drives me nuts. I HATE HATE HATE double tap motions. Especially for dashing.

Which move is hammerfall?

Thank you for the tips. This was my first time trying P, K, -P- strings.

Yeah. Just remember Slayer's Dead On Time is like 7+0 for startup. So if I'm somewhat close and I see you not blocking or doing a move, it can land. However, DoT has no invul while his other super does.

Hammerfall is Potemkin's special where he has armor on this command dash, and he clamps his fists together after a certain distance of if he's in range. It has a sonic boom input. It's severely minus on block, so be sure to do a good punish.

And yeah, those new strings of yours were pretty good. It got me nervous a lot after I got sandwiched by Zato and Eddie.

OceanBlue

GGs Rhapsody! Sorry all I did was air backdash. I wish I were more thoughtful about playing neutral offensively but I don't know how :(. I need to learn how to open people up with Ky and do that big damage lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm making a lobby in North America 2 9C #12, if you want to play Flux.

GGs Rhapsody! Sorry all I did was air backdash. I wish I were more thoughtful about playing neutral offensively but I don't know how :(. I need to learn how to open people up with Ky and do that big damage lol.

I think you did well. Lots of air throws on me and good patience.

Top Bottom