• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Anyone played on any of the TE2 sticks? I tried playing the demo on pad and I am so used to stick that playing on pad is foreign to me. I also have an unhealthy habit of buying sticks and this is a good excuse to get myself a new one. I'm guessing they are the same as the KI sticks for XONE.

Ferrio

Banned
Damn it! I closed the room by mistake. Fucking X and O to confirm and cancel is still fucking with my head.

Even worse when you interact with the PS menus, switching between japanese and US conventions.

edit: Think I'll put more I-no training in tomorrow maybe some more chipp, not going to dump him just yet. Just you really need to be on the ball with his shit, cause random pokes don't do much with him.

4r5

I didn't know about the 8 frames protection. That will be useful.

You have throw protection for 5 frames out of blockstun.
6 frames out of hitstun.
9 frames after getting up from a knockdown.
You are also throw invulnerable during pre-jump frames.
Ky's DP and RideTheLightning are throw invulnerable from frame 1.

Ky's standing Punch and Kick, and crouching Punch and Kick, are 5f startup, which just so happens to fit in to the 5 frames of throw protection you get when coming out of blockstun.

And also, YRC has 6 frames of startup.

Kimosabae

Banned
Tried online for the first time last night.

What's the average frame delay you guys get while playing? My match was between 7-9 and that was practically unplayable for me.

*edit*

Ah, I see everyone started this discussion without me.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Tried online for the first time last night.

What's the average frame delay you guys get while playing? My match was between 7-9 and that was practically unplayable for me.

*edit*

Ah, I see everyone started this discussion without me.

Same. My connection with those in the US was on par with those in japan. 6-9 frame delay.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Found out that microphone chatter can be heard by all of the members in a room last night. Started a match and heard some guy whining and complaining hard about just about everything -his joystick, his opponent, online, etc- and thought it was the guy I was playing against, but then the bitching continued about Millia, who neither of us was using, and continued after the match was over. LOL.

I mostly get 2-4 frame delay.

The highest I've seen so far is 4, 5, 6 (when playing with Q which is a significant improvement over our connection in other fighters like P4). Wired connection.

6 frames out of hitstun.

Ky's standing Punch and Kick, and crouching Punch and Kick, are 5f startup, which just so happens to fit in to the 5 frames of throw protection you get when coming out of blockstun.

Thanks.

So now that quite a few people played both versions, what's the verdict between the PS3 and PS4 version? I know about the technical differences, I just want to have some first hand experiences as I'm in a small "first-world problems" dilemma :/ Basically I have a friend whom is the only one I really play 2D fighters with and we both are pretty big BlazBlue fans so we are ecstatic to play our first Guilty Gear together but he won't be able to get his own copy till the end of January.

Back with Chronophantasma I just got two copies and gifted him one but with Christmas expenses I can't really do that this time and the thing is he has a PS3 while I have a PS3 and PS4 so if I get the PS3 version of Xrd I can just log-in to my account on his PS3 and we can play easily together when I'm at his place. If I get the PS4 version I would always have to drag my PS4 around and one of us would have to play on my Vita as I only have one DS4 so far :/ Would the added convenience of not having to always move my PS4 justify getting the PS3 version over the PS4 one? :eek:

So a 3-6 frame deplay with someone that shows up as a 2 bar connection.

Bars mean shit in this apparently.

Edit: Oh and I didn't realize that auto pass time limit kicked you out of rotation entirely. Will use 30 secconds or more from now on.

Grifter

So a 3-6 frame deplay with someone that shows up as a 2 bar connection.

Bars mean shit in this apparently.

Edit: Oh and I didn't realize that auto pass time limit kicked you out of rotation entirely. Will use 30 secconds or more from now on.

More later, wife asking about brunch. Did that lag feel "normal" to you?

More later, wife asking about brunch. Did that lag feel "normal" to you?

It was ok, I'd prefer better but it wasn't terrible for online play. It's borderline playable, I can't really react to much but you can still probably mash out your combos if you practiced them enough.

Edit: Just noticed that this game has the option to upload save data. Guess you can transfer it between PS3 and PS4 if you are so inclined to.

Jarate

Banned
Hey guys, im looking desperately out there for the pad that came with the japanese limited edition, anyone know where I can find just the pad for importation cause Id rather not end up with a Japanese copy

Uraizen

Banned
6 frames out of hitstun.

My bad, I recall reading somewhere on DL that it was 8.

Coda

Hey guys, im looking desperately out there for the pad that came with the japanese limited edition, anyone know where I can find just the pad for importation cause Id rather not end up with a Japanese copy

Kinda seems like an ebay purchase down the line kind of thing if you keep searching for one, it's bound to be sold there eventually but I wouldn't hold me breath. I pre-ordered the Limited Box myself because I knew I'd be hard to get one after it was released.

Onemic

Ramlethal combos are tough

I think It will take me at least a month before Im ready to to get my ass kicked by anyone online or off lol

Netplay wise I haven't had a "laggy" match yet. I do wish the connection bars were more accurate though, since I noticed it likes to jump from 4 to 0 quite a bit. And an invite function for PS4 players would also be nice.

Coda

Netplay wise I haven't had a "laggy" match yet. I do wish the connection bars were more accurate though, since I noticed it likes to jump from 4 to 0 quite a bit. And an invite function for PS4 players would also be nice.

I'm getting the Limited Box in the mail tomorrow. Can't wait to play matches online with some GAFers.

I'm getting the Limited Box in the mail tomorrow. Can't wait to play matches online with some GAFers.

Yeah, the online has worked out pretty well for me so far. Just know that at this moment there's no invite function for PS4 players. You just need to tell whoever you're playing with what region/district you're making your lobby/player room in for now.

Unlocked Sin, like him a lot actually.

I want to unlock him just to see what dialogue he and Ramlethal have with each other.

vocab

Whats the consensus on the ps3 version? How much of a difference does the performance/quality option make, and does online default to any of those options based on the host or what?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Whats the consensus on the ps3 version? How much of a difference does the performance/quality option make, and does online default to any of those options based on the host or what?

Online is Performance by default and you can't change it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hilarious. I tune in just in time to see my roommate body half of the opposing team with Sol, followed by him being just barely beaten by my other roommate's Venom, who makes it all the way to Satou.

Can I live with you?

Edit: God damn it stupid double post

I watched it, what scene you talking about?

I don't want to say it explicitly since the game isn't even out in the US yet so I don't want people looking forward to the story mode to be spoiled by accident so I'll make it as vague as possible.

It's that one scene towards the end (last chapter I believe) involving a revolver being fired multiple times.

wwm0nkey

I don't want to say it explicitly since the game isn't even out in the US yet so I don't want people looking forward to the story mode to be spoiled by accident so I'll make it as vague as possible.

It's that one scene towards the end (last chapter I believe) involving a revolver being fired multiple times.
Oh yeah that, don't understand the significance of part of that scene but it was really cool

Astarte

Oooh THAT scene.

I thought it was over for Ky and I didn't expect it at all.... Then he pulled a immagear thing and... Yeah. Then again, him living means that the reunion with dizzy didn't last two seconds

wwm0nkey

Oooh THAT scene.

I thought it was over for Ky and I didn't expect it at all.... Then he pulled a immagear thing and... Yeah. Then again, him living means that the reunion with dizzy didn't last two seconds
Ooohhhhh so that's what that meant, well fuck.

Onemic

And you didn't believe when I said she was hard :p

Well, shes still a million times easier than Zato. :p If I played that dude it'd take a month just to successfully complete a combo...once

My problem with Ram is most definitely her neutral and getting into position to get those combos in the first place. The combos themselves can be hard depending on how optimized you wanna go, so even though they're hard, it's not that big a deal to me as there are easy versions available. I'm gonna have to watch hours of JPN ramlethal play to really understand how to play her neutral game.

HardRojo

Finally downloading the game.
So even if you switch to English you gotta use Circle to accept and X to cancel? It's gonna be confusing as fuck.
B4TpyUAIMAE7FJG.jpg:orig

Rhapsody

Banned
Finally downloading the game.
So even if you switch to English you gotta use Circle to accept and X to cancel? It's gonna be confusing as fuck.

On PS3, the game will default to your console's region. It's only PS4 where the Japanese version of Xrd keeps O as confirm.

HardRojo

On PS3, the game will default to your console's region. It's only PS4 where the Japanese version of Xrd keeps O as confirm.
Awesome news, can't wait till the download finishes. There's the patch after this which should only take a while.
Will double dip when I get a stick for my PS4 for sure.

vocab

I played some of the ps3 version.

It's rough. It feels very jarring, and looks pretty bad. It has a hint of the mvc3 feel where the system cant even handle the game, and going online just amplifies that feeling. BBCP feels that way on many stages.

=/

Quake 2 looking textures online. Disgusting. This shit feels cheaply made.

wwm0nkey

Haha, what did you get out of it?

As someone who just got into the GG lore with this game, that seemed to be the single most significant moment of the entire story.
Well I thought that's what it meant but I don't know all the back story so I thought it could have been something else.

Ferrio

Banned
i saw a bit of sin in kazunoko/inoue's nico stream last night, he deals a LOT of damage with his rekkas

Ya, I think the trouble with him will be opening people up. Some of his big damage comes from openers that aren't easy to get.

Top Bottom