• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm down for some tomorrow in bed already.

YFKEBDV.gif

In reference tot the dude asking for advice regarding the Pot v. Venom matchup.

People have a habit of asking for advice and not even acknowledging the attempt at taking time to offer help. It's pretty rude.

Fuck em'.

People have a habit of asking for advice and not even acknowledging the attempt at taking time to offer help. It's pretty rude.

Fuck em'.
Have your considered that not everyone posts as frequently as you do?

Grifter

Fuck em'.

Sorry dude, thanks for responding. I do appreciate it. If you look at when I post, it's typically office hours. As in, I check in when I have a chance at work and had a particularly busy day yesterday. I haven't had much time to process that yet. I try to thank people for their posts even if I don't have much to add, tho I've been questioning if people consider content-empty posts like that to be unnecessary.

Sayad

Dayum! What just happened here?! If you're gonna pop off like that about being ignored the least you could do is give the dude 24 hours to respond, he could have been asleep this whole time for all you now! >_<

Sayad

Speaking of which, how hard is it to add a low quality option to your twitch stream? Tried to watch Q's stream but twitch have been a total ass with HQ streams lately. Would be pretty cool if you could do that Q. :)

Mdesilva

Speaking of which, how hard is it to add a low quality option to your twitch stream? Tried to watch Q's stream but twitch have been a total ass with HQ streams lately. Would be pretty cool if you could do that Q. :)
Pretty sure you need a sub button for quality options

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't have the option available yet only the cool kids get that setting.

I'd have to nerf my entire stream. That or get consistent high viewers * which wont happen because I dont have a good enough pc to do proper streaming for all the stuff I play lol shit cpu*

Sayad keeps beating me up with her. I won't allow it anymore. I mean, it's either kicking out everyone who uses her or learning the matchup, and who has time for that?

Just stop pressing buttons once she knocks you down. Like literally this is what you have to do.
Then wake up super that shit once you haven't shown any signs of fighting back vs their oki. *not 100% serious advice*

Just stop pressing buttons once she knocks you down. Like literally this is what you have to do.
Then wake up super that shit once you haven't shown any signs of fighting back vs their oki. *not 100% serious advice*

This is the trolls of all trolls. Makes me believe I have a fair chance with sliver of health.
WAKE UP HELLFIRE SUPER!

Kimosabae

Banned
Dayum! What just happened here?! If you're gonna pop off like that about being ignored the least you could do is give the dude 24 hours to respond, he could have been asleep this whole time for all you now! >_<

I wasn't poppin' off, i was just expressing frustration at something that's been what I felt to be a consistent pattern in regards to my own posts offering help to those that ask. There's similar posts that went unacknowledged, completely. Even a "Your advice sucks" would have been great, because at least I'd know not to waste my time again in the future. Due to time constraints, I'm way more selective about the posts I make on GAF that require thought put into them.

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't, but whatever, there's always going to be people and their perceptions. That's the internet.

I'll admit that it was a bit self-conscious, but I'd honestly rather have someone, anyone, say, "Dude you don't know what you're talking about" or "Your advice is horrible", so I don't waste time in the future or just come more correct.

*shrug*

UberTag

Well, I achieved S-rank in every Mission and can confirm nothing special happens; no bonus World Dollars. But I get to boast, right?
Congrats on being ultra hardcore. I was content to just clear through the required 30 missions for the trophy.
I'm just a handful of challenges away from 300, too.
Wish I could translate the skills I've learned in these to M.O.M. or online. I'm still terrible. :(

Actually just made the room myself... I'll leave it on when I leave... Room: 5ula,pass: hey

Edit: leaving now but you guys can join if you guys want

Essay

Congrats on being ultra hardcore. I was content to just clear through the required 30 missions for the trophy.
I'm just a handful of challenges away from 300, too.
Wish I could translate the skills I've learned in these to M.O.M. or online. I'm still terrible. :(

M.O.M. mode looks fun, and I'll definitely dive in once I finish Challenge mode. Just got a dozen left between MA, CH, ZA, BE and PO. We'll see if I can complete them all on my day off work tomorrow before the illustrious blackSNAKE tries to do the same on his Thursday stream.

Sayad

M.O.M. mode looks fun, and I'll definitely dive in once I finish Challenge mode. Just got a dozen left between MA, CH, ZA, BE and PO. We'll see if I can complete them all on my day off work tomorrow before the illustrious blackSNAKE tries to do the same on his Thursday stream.
M.O.M. is horrible. >_<
It's a grind fest against the shitty AI, and as you win the AI get more health and does more damage. If you're semi decent, you wont lose unless the AI have so much health you can't beat him in time, does a surprise reversal item super that does 1500 damage and kills you while having almost full health or during the stupid boss mode where the AI have no hit stun. Past the first 5 or so levels it turn into pure grind, and the worst thing is that you don't get some decent items to miss around with until like level 12(after about 10 or so hours of grind).

I can't complete Mission #13 -_-

It's the accurate inputs mission.

I can never get the bandit revolver to connect after the low sweep (2 D)

Is it the timing of when I cancel from the sweep? Am I doing it too early or late?

Sayad

Try to do all the attacks as fast as possible, if you delay them a bit the push back start kicking in more and by the time you get to 2D, you're too far for bandit revolver to connect.

Grifter

I don't, but whatever, there's always going to be people and their perceptions. That's the internet.

I'll admit that it was a bit self-conscious, but I'd honestly rather have someone, anyone, say, "Dude you don't know what you're talking about" or "Your advice is horrible", so I don't waste time in the future or just come more correct.

*shrug*
hi i'm still here, so you can rage confrontationally instead instead of this passive-aggressive omnidirectional look. you clearly have a lot to get off your chest. i'll look forward to that in 24-72 hours.

Sayad

You can avoid equipping skills if you don't want to miss with your gameplay(I sometimes do basic confirm into 2D > Taunt thanks to MOM muscle memory), other than that there's no reason not to level up your HP/damage with items that doesn't affect gameplay.

As you build win streaks the AI gains more HP(and does more damage), even with leveling up you'd reach a point where there's not enough time to do enough damage even if the AI stops moving(you lose when the time end, regardless of how much more health you have). Without leveling up, you'd just reach that point faster.

4r5

I miss the old survival mode. It was a good way to practice your reactions. The AI being random and gradually increasing in speed, and then throw in the odd EX-Character.

Edzi

So this might be a really noobie question, but here goes: How exactly do I deal with insane corner pressure? The only thing I can think to do when someone corners me and starts throwing out constant attacks is to mash jab, but that rarely works. How exactly should I be thinking in this situation? I use Leo, btw.

So this might be a really noobie question, but here goes: How exactly do I deal with insane corner pressure? The only thing I can think to do when someone corners me and starts throwing out constant attacks is to mash jab, but that rarely works. How exactly should I be thinking in this situation? I use Leo, btw.

Just Defend, Counter Assault, Burst, DP. Or you know... Die.

Edzi

But who are you fighting?

I run into this with what seems like most characters, but the three that come to mind are Millia, Sol, and Ky. They just corner me and continue throwing out quick attacks, and I'm kind of at a loss. It feels like their attacks put them at a relatively safe enough distance for them to just continue the onslaught, but I think it's mainly because I'm not used to the faster pace yet and don't really know all my options.

I run into this with what seems like most characters, but the three that come to mind are Millia, Sol, and Ky. They just corner me and continue throwing out quick attacks, and I'm kind of at a loss. It feels like their attacks put them at a relatively safe enough distance for them to just continue the onslaught, but I think it's mainly because I'm not used to the faster pace yet and don't really know all my options.

I'm gonna say it's going to be based on matchup knowledge and patience. I know for a fact that millia doesn't have strong blockstrings but has a really good mixup game. She needs those YRCs to keep the pressure. She also leaves a lot of holes intentionally to bait button presses. Also, you just have to get lucky.

Also, anyone up for matches soon?

4r5

When I was first learning the game, I took advantage of absolute guard a lot. Absolute guard is where if you are in blockstun, you will continue blocking whether or not you are actually holding back. (You still have to account for lows and overheads.)

Here's something you might want to try, if you're playing a long set with someone or in some other situation where losing is ok. If you're not sure about where gaps are in a blockstring, hold forward where ever you think a gap may exists. If you continue blocking, then it's a solid blockstring. If you get hit, then there is a gap. And where ever there is a gap, you can backdash, reversal, or throw.

Leo's backdash is kinda bads, but he has his flashkicks and his supers to use as reversals. If you wanna experiment with how big the gaps are, Leo's 2P is his fastest button. (5f startup)

edit: Also, generally, blockstring chained into an overhead, there is a large enough gap for anyone to attack out of. Unless of course there is projectile coverage. Chains to overheads without a large escape gap are usually extremely punishable on block.

Essay

And here I felt proud of myself for finally clearing through 300 challenges and nabbing a trophy today.
Did you pull that off with the PS4 controller or with an arcade stick of some kind?

I'm a dedicated stick player, though I feel like everything in there is more than possible with pad (with the right button layout).

Top Bottom