• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Hag

is netplay working fine? Yesterday I played but today I can't play shit. I get the message '' failed to complete the download '' before going to lobby

Edzi

I'm gonna say it's going to be based on matchup knowledge and patience. I know for a fact that millia doesn't have strong blockstrings but has a really good mixup game. She needs those YRCs to keep the pressure. She also leaves a lot of holes intentionally to bait button presses. Also, you just have to get lucky.

Also, anyone up for matches soon?
When I was first learning the game, I took advantage of absolute guard a lot. Absolute guard is where if you are in blockstun, you will continue blocking whether or not you are actually holding back. (You still have to account for lows and overheads.)

Here's something you might want to try, if you're playing a long set with someone or in some other situation where losing is ok. If you're not sure about where gaps are in a blockstring, hold forward where ever you think a gap may exists. If you continue blocking, then it's a solid blockstring. If you get hit, then there is a gap. And where ever there is a gap, you can backdash, reversal, or throw.

Leo's backdash is kinda bads, but he has his flashkicks and his supers to use as reversals. If you wanna experiment with how big the gaps are, Leo's 2P is his fastest button. (5f startup)

edit: Also, generally, blockstring chained into an overhead, there is a large enough gap for anyone to attack out of. Unless of course there is projectile coverage. Chains to overheads without a large escape gap are usually extremely punishable on block.

Thanks guys, I'll keep all that in mind.

Sayad

is netplay working fine? Yesterday I played but today I can't play shit. I get the message '' failed to complete the download '' before going to lobby
Same here, seems like a PSN issue since I was having trouble signing in too.

Zissou

Bedman vs. Faust seems legit hard for Faust! Played for a while against a decent Bedman in a lobby just now and unless I'm missing something Bedman can do a really good job of out-laming Faust. I couldn't find any great answers to the combination of Task A and his 1/2/3HS command normals that pop out of the ground. Once he got going, my best options seemed to be bag head (from various heights, or super jump > air dash fwd > bag head) or finding space to sneak in a door teleport. His j.S is a great air normal too and was hard for me to deal with consistently. Anybody have any ideas on how to play this MU better?

NEO0MJ

Anybody have any ideas on how to play this MU better?

I only really played against Sayad's Millia but one of his biggest problems is having so much trouble when someone enters his space. He has no reversals or quick normals, plus his his large body makes it hard to escape even more.

OceanBlue

I should be able to play for a little

Okay, cool! I might play a bit weird. I really have no idea what I'm doing in this game so I'm probably just going to see if I can change up what I'm thinking about while I'm playing.

Also I want to learn how to play Sol lol.

Edit: People say they can get green darou without trying but I struggle getting it consistently without thinking about it :(. I'll never be a good Ram lol. I blame SF4.

Okay, cool! I might play a bit weird. I really have no idea what I'm doing in this game so I'm probably just going to see if I can change up what I'm thinking about while I'm playing.

Also I want to learn how to play Sol lol.

No prob... Room 7t76, pass:hey

Also if anyone else wants to join,please feel free

OceanBlue

ggs Prototype! I can't get away from you at all :(. Lol I said I was going to try different stuff but all I did was mash in the end.

If anyone else wants to play I'm up for some games.

ggs Prototype! I can't get away from you at all :(. Lol I said I was going to try different stuff but all I did was mash in the end.

If anyone else wants to play I'm up for some games.

GGs! Yeah, you have to be able to set up those swords. I really didn't want them out so I was just rushing in.

rookiejet

I just got my first XRD hate mail, lol. I am maybe semi-legit now (they were pretty scrubby tho so probably not). PSA, east coasters: 'Uandaasuwan' is an okay-ish I-No, but is a pretty sore loser so mind that when playin' them. Conversely 'MAJESTYmellow' is really nice, and a great Ky, so hit him/her up for MU exp.

Sayad

Trying to find a long post in this thread about the Ky/I-No match up(I think it was by Kimosabae), but search is failing me. I-No is not a very search friendly name. :(

Sayad

Haven't played that match up yet(by either Millia or I-No), but it can't be worse than Chipp's, lol.

What's so bad about it? I know I-No cracks under pressure(mine at least ;__;), you don't want to give her a breathing space, and Millia is generally very good at that.

Haven't played that match up yet(by either Millia or I-No), but it can't be worse than Chipp's, lol.

What's so bad about it? I know I-No cracks under pressure(mine at least ;__;), you don't want to give her a breathing space, and Millia is generally very good at that.

It's game of who hits first. I-No has a worse neutral game, but has a better oki game and damage. Good thing as Millia, is that you can dash under her horizontal chemical love.

I've been holding off on picking this up because I'm not excited about having to buy a new fightstick for my PS4. Any word on whether ASW is gonna make PS3 controllers compatible? Or can anyone recommend a good controller adapter?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been holding off on picking this up because I'm not excited about having to buy a new fightstick for my PS4. Any word on whether ASW is gonna make PS3 controllers compatible? Or can anyone recommend a good controller adapter?

So what are you going to play new fighting games on in 2 years?

If you really don't want to buy a new stick, you could always opt to buying the PS3 version of the game. Although, I think it'd be a good investment to buy a stick for the PS4 if you can track one down due to all the future fighting games coming out (looks great on that end).

edit: To answer your question, no good controller adapters are out (the closest is TitanOne with some caveats) and no word on PS3 controller support.

Although, I think it'd be a good investment to buy a stick for the PS4 if you can track one down due to all the future fighting games coming out (looks great on that end).

Yeah, agreed. But I figured since the LabZero driver is a thing, there's chance that those future games might use it. Who knows. If they don't, then I'll buy a new stick. I'm just awfully attached to the one I already have.

Yeah, agreed. But I figured since the LabZero driver is a thing, there's chance that those future games might use it. Who knows. If they don't, then I'll buy a new stick. I'm just awfully attached to the one I already have.

Ah... I'm not sure if this something you'd be able to do it personally, but you could always mod it. If not, this guy will do it for a charge: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...g-services-now-includes-xbox-one-and-ps4-mods

Still pretty expensive, and almost as much as buying a new stick. BUT, if you have the personal connection with your stick, it's something to think about.

Ah... I'm not sure if this something you'd be able to do it personally, but you could always mod it. If not, this guy will do it for a charge: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...g-services-now-includes-xbox-one-and-ps4-mods

Still pretty expensive, and almost as much as buying a new stick. BUT, if you have the personal connection with your stick, it's something to think about.
fuck thats a lot, I'm glad I managed to do my own.

(that much money wouldnt have covered shipping for mine >.>)

Ferrio

Banned
So Q somehow unlocked some hidden content on Xrd. He was able to select golden and black color palletes. As well as Leo's art looking like this

edit: Looked up the Kanji that's shown, turns out it means "temporary" or "interim". So I guess work in progress?
tgQWYDK.png

So Q somehow unlocked some hidden content on Xrd. He was able to select golden and black color palletes. As well as Leo's art looking like this

edit: Looked up the Kanji that's shown, turns out it means "interim". So I guess work in progress?
tgQWYDK.png

I don't know, but I was cracking up the whole time

Dugna

I got the Leo art on the first day the character came out, it happened before I updated the game for that day. Just felt weird the whole time lol.

Top Bottom