• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
NO. SUCH. THING.

Viscant is shaping up quite nicely actually

it's so cute though

image.php

rookiejet

I hate sin mirror matches so much.

Ikr, haha. Other times when it's only me dealing the damage I'm like
lol
I picked up a few things from the good Sin I played though, I'd love to play them again. I'll definitely be more mindful of using my meter offensively, and never let a stray counterhit go to waste. A Sin that /always/ maximizes damage is so scary.

Ikr, haha. Other time's when it's only me dealing the damage I'm like
lol
I picked up a few things from the good Sin I played though, I'd love to play them again. I'll definitely be more mindful of using my meter offensively, and never let a stray counterhit go to waste. A Sin that /always/ maximizes damage is so scary.

im really bad at managing food meter. which makes it way worse in that matchup. oh you didn't eat? take all this dmg

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs. That felt rough on this side lol. Frustrating since this is probably my most played matchup.

Full screen hair car was too hard to block :/

Grifter

Caught this May's dolphin ride with heavenly buster and she disconnected before the animation could even start. I was impressed.

Situacao

Hey Guilty-GAF, newbie here.

I have a "technical" question to start things off. As I live in Europe, I got the game through my HK account, and I was now getting the DLC characters through the same method. However, after buying Elphelt, I can't see her on the Character Select menu, even though I've already bought her. This is similar to what happens to this guy: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/2ql36u/elphelt_valentine_not_working/

Anyone had this problen? How did you solve it? Thanks in advance!

Essay

Hey Guilty-GAF, newbie here.

I have a "technical" question to start things off. As I live in Europe, I got the game through my HK account, and I was now getting the DLC characters through the same method. However, after buying Elphelt, I can't see her on the Character Select menu, even though I've already bought her. This is similar to what happens to this guy: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/2ql36u/elphelt_valentine_not_working/

Anyone had this problen? How did you solve it? Thanks in advance!

I have the HK version and downloaded Elphelt during the free grace period without issue. I doubt this will apply, but are you absolutely sure you purchased her from the HK or JPN store? If you bought her in the US store, she won't work with your HK copy. If you're not on your HK PSN account when you hit the in-game menu button for the PSN store, you'll be transported to the store for whatever region your PSN profile is set.

I went 1-2 in Xrd. :/

I have the HK version and downloaded Elphelt during the free grace period without issue. I doubt this will apply, but are you absolutely sure you purchased her from the HK or JPN store? If you bought her in the US store, she won't work with your HK copy. If you're not on your HK PSN account when you hit the in-game menu button for the PSN store, you'll be transported to the store for whatever region your PSN profile is set.

You'll get there, Ogawasticles senpai. I should stop delaying and make it out to my local too.
It's cool. I almost beat my second opponent in Loser's. We both literally were on magic pixel health. I actually got lots of compliments for some reason. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Oh yeah, and Xrd had 28 entrants, while USFIV had 32. Pretty nice.

Situacao

That couldn't be the case, since my account is Portuguese and, as the game hasn't been released here yet, I can't access the game's store through my main account.

I think I know what it is though. I've bought the Jap/Eng version of the game and I, mistakenly, bought the Chinese version of the DLC. That's why it doesn't install correctly, I think :\

Sayad

Ogawa saying little about Elphelt has changed outside of grenade. I'm still scared of this character.

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/574730053109448704
So, does Millia do really well against Elphelt, or am I only playing with bad Els?

I don't know... Millia's 5P is op, her j.p is op, and so is sol's 5k.
I like j.p, but it doesn't work against Chipp. :(
On the other hand Chipp players are free to BS, if you BS within his range, chances are they're pressing something.

Kimosabae

Banned
only if you jump is 5k so good

It's +1 and OSes a throw that leads to 40% in the corner. It's a Special/Jump Cancelable, Chainable button that provides legitimate mixups on block and Sol will rarely regret pressing.

*edit*
Whoops. It's actually -7. I was looking at the DI frame data.

Kimosabae

Banned
Can anyone explain how Cross Play works? I own the game on both systems, but the PS4 version doesn't have any of the things I paid for when I sign into it.

Can anyone explain how Cross Play works? I own the game on both systems, but the PS4 version doesn't have any of the things I paid for when I sign into it.

In my experience it takes a while for the DLC to 'sync' properly. The PS4 version of that stuff should show up as yours on PSN, but it took like a day or two before my game actually had the unlock information.

If there's a way to speed that process up, I don't know it; I tried a lot of stuff but I guess it's an internal PSN update that does the carry-over.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Hit up the store. then load the game up. This the order I did things in. Also probably why my game was all fucked up at first hahahaha. Don't forget to go to the system settings too and load up your ps3 save data. Fuck unlocking all the music again.

Yaari

Any reason the demo for this game doesn't show on US PSN? It's still listed in the demo section but it's not actually available at all. Weird.

Grifter

Now that PS4 sticks are shipping, has anyone used the PS4 streaming function? Wondering if it has any adverse affects on game performance.

Azure J

Zissou

>:|

It really hurts trying to get good at this game to consistently get shit on because of my character you know.

I was saying the same things when we were just going off the lokenotes. I wonder what the final final state will be.

I mostly jest... mostly
:p

Pineberry is my main problem with the character. Not since vanilla Wolverine's berserker slash has there been a single derp move the defined the entirety of my dislike of a character. Luckily it's going away!

Rhapsody

Banned
Marvel also had this.

Yeah, but I do like how the ASW games let you corner yourself with one of the shortcuts when you're trying to practice corner carries and such. P4U2 and BBCP did this best though compared to Xrd. The game memorized what your last one was (P4 you had to go into options to set this), so pressing select didn't always reset you to the middle.

Now we just need save states in ASW.

Yeah, but I do like how the ASW games let you corner yourself with one of the shortcuts when you're trying to practice corner carries and such. P4U2 and BBCP did this best though compared to Xrd. The game memorized what your last one was (P4 you had to go into options to set this), so pressing select didn't always reset you to the middle.

Now we just need save states in ASW.
Oh, that is cool!

Edzi

Relearning this game now that I finally have a stick, and boy do I suck again. :p I'm trying to get used to the arcade layout, which I think was Type A, and the placement of the Dust button really throws me off.

Top Bottom