• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Since no one posted about this, Sourenga did a translation for the upcoming March console patch. This isn't the 1.1 balance patch, but they said that one will come later.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...scussion-2-console-is-out/page-41#entry900069

Sourenga said:
Various Fixes
Network
- Improved the cross-platform play stability
Player Match
- Fixed the issue where your MOM character's level was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed the issue that you could only rarely play with some players (?)
Trophies
- Fixed the issue that you couldn't earn the Trophy "Single" (*Those who have failed to get it, will earn the Trophy by fighting a one match)
System Voices
- DLC System Voices are now adjusted, so they are easier to hear.
Library
- Fixed typos and omissions

Improved Functions
Network Lobby
- Increased amount of Beginner Lobbies, changed the Lobbies place in the list
- Added a function that forces you out of Lobby if you stand-by (No inputs) for too long. When you've been in stand-by for 5 mins, your avatar will turn sideways and after 15 mins it'll exit the Lobby
Ranked Match
- We changed the Waiting function so that it doesn't briefly stop as often.
Player Match Room
- Added voices that tell when it's your turn to fight
- You can now quickly move back to Waiting Area by pressing the X button (Most probably O button in the localized version)
- Voice Chat is now forced off once you enter a Voice Chat Banned room
- You can now change character while you're seated on fighter seat
- Date and time is now displayed on the top of the screen
Player Match
- Font size and scroll-speed of the Comment function are now optimized
Ranking
- Added a menu that let's you retrieve a player's profile
Replay Theater
- You can now skip the victory animations while watching a Replay
Option
- Removed the function to reset your D-Code

Sayad

Added a function that forces you out of Lobby if you stand-by (No inputs) for too long. When you've been in stand-by for 5 mins, your avatar will turn sideways and after 15 mins it'll exit the Lobby
Ranked Match
Hopefully this only apply to public lobbies.

You can now change character while you're seated on fighter seat
YES!!!

Essay

Hopefully this only apply to public lobbies.

Can you imagine the host of the room getting kicked from his lobby and forcing everyone to find a new room? Hopefully it just means people sitting in the lobby, not in a room. (I think it does; that's the only case where you have an avatar that can turn sideways.)

Korezo

What are Kye options in the corner? When ever I get to a corner I'm automatically dead because everything in this damn game looks like a block string and can't do nothing unless I have a burst.. I hate this game. I'm just trying to get that world tour trophy..

Nvm, beat a Faust and got my trophy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What are Kye options in the corner? When ever I get to a corner I'm automatically dead because everything in this damn game looks like a block string and can't do nothing unless I have a burst.. I hate this game. I'm just trying to get that world tour trophy..

Faultless defense, vapor thrust, dead angle, greed sever, instant air throw, stun dipper yrc, 6p, ect.

Grifter

Man, Pote's like the 4th character I've taken online and I'm terrible but he's drawn more mid-match drops than all my other characters combined.

The way I look at my options while playing Xrd and I'm cornered:

Do I have burst?

Yes? Burst
No? Die

Welcome to Xrd

Rhapsody

Banned
No one likes to block online. Especially on wakeup. 2P, throw, reversal super, reversal blitz all day.

It makes me sad on pressure too I guess. I want to practice frame traps on longer blockstrings, but sometimes the first one usually works :/

Rhapsody

Banned
I will admit though, mindgaming someone when danger time starts is sort of fun online.

Instead of FDing, I've been doing blitz or DP more now lol. It works 80 percent of the time.

Grifter

No one likes to block online. Especially on wakeup. 2P, throw, reversal super, reversal blitz all day.

It makes me sad on pressure too I guess. I want to practice frame traps on longer blockstrings, but sometimes the first one usually works :/

After playing better/trained players offline, I do find that I need to remind myself online to just expect people not to block on wake-up, esp. if it's something like a far low.

Ugh, I forget this a lot. Last GG tournament, I entered P4A for the heck of it and was rusty but the last I'd played, I had forced friends to be more wary of my pressure. I expected that and a Kanji just did his invincible SPD enough times before I remembered he had that.

Kikirin

I guess when it's a choice between pushing buttons and losing, or not pushing buttons and losing, many would prefer the former. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately I tend to respect too much on wakeup / defense, so I'd get opened up by 5D no fewer than three times per round against a particular friend. Every time I get hit by one I'm all like ლ(ಠ益ಠლ). At least they aren't armored like in P4...

Edit: Any advice for dealing with monkeys that jump a lot when pressuring you when you're cornered? I'm having a rough time as Bedman vs. May. A friend just straight up clowns me with short blockstrings that put him at 0.5 to 1.0 character width out before jumping in to reset pressure, and I'll either get hit trying to anti-air him or eventually get 5D'd.

Zissou

Do I have burst?

Yes? Burst
No? Die

Welcome to Xrd

This is Xrd for me. Reminds of marvel- funnest game in the world when you're dishing it out, salt-inducing when you gotta take it, haha.

I guess when it's a choice between pushing buttons and losing, or not pushing buttons and losing, many would prefer the former. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately I tend to respect too much on wakeup / defense, so I'd get opened up by 5D no fewer than three times per round against a particular friend. Every time I get hit by one I'm all like ლ(ಠ益ಠლ). At least they aren't armored like in P4...

Edit: Any advice for dealing with monkeys that jump a lot when pressuring you when you're cornered? I'm having a rough time as Bedman vs. May. A friend just straight up clowns me with short blockstrings that put him at 0.5 to 1.0 character width out before jumping in to reset pressure, and I'll either get hit trying to anti-air him or eventually get 5D'd.

That's just a May thing, no? j.H and j.2H are ridiculous. Can you hit him on the way up in the jump? Or just run underneath him and escape the corner?

rookiejet

I've been playing nothing but monsters online tonight, it has been a real humbling experience.

My local is looking pretty free though, looking forward to bodying them next week

off topic: this is a really pretty song

Grifter

I'd dash out and let him corner himself, but if you're getting hit trying to AA (isn't Bedman's 6P really good?), you may want to try working on reacting to his jump sooner. Can also meet him in the air for a grab or air instant block to grab him when you both land.

Just started up today. Went through the tutorial, toyed quickly with challenges and S ranked the first couple missions and then did the arcade with Sol since it's been since X2 #Reload for me and the tutorial used him. Millia and Slayer were my mains back then with a bit of Dizzy mixed in. Oh, and I'm garbage at the game, though I did manage a perfect round against the CPU so that felt pretty good. But I've never been great at learning and taking advantage of a lot of the series staples like roman cancels, faultless defense, and bursting at good times. I just sort of rush and hope for the best. I bet I'll be murdered when I take it online.

If I want to watch the Story Mode should I go through Arcade with all the fighters or does it really matter? The story from Sol's perspective was mostly just pure gibberish as far as I could tell so I don't know if going through with others clears it up.

And how do you counter the giant beam overdrive from Ramlethal when she's backed into a corner? I finally beat her on my tenth attempt by rushing her so much that she couldn't pull anything off. Usually I'd just jump over her but in a corner that doesn't work so well.

Fun stuff. I'm looking forward to working on more of the missions and challenges.

Kikirin

That's just a May thing, no? j.H and j.2H are ridiculous. Can you hit him on the way up in the jump? Or just run underneath him and escape the corner?

I'd dash out and let him corner himself, but if you're getting hit trying to AA (isn't Bedman's 6P really good?), you may want to try working on reacting to his jump sooner. Can also meet him in the air for a grab or air instant block to grab him when you both land.

Thanks for the responses!

It might be my imagination, but it feels like either May's jump arc is kinda low/quick, or j.S and j.2H reach pretty far below her and/or extend her collision box downwards. Due to the latter, 6P tends to get bopped or trade in spite of how good Bedman's is, and walk / dash outs tend to result in awkwardly walking into her legs. Might be because I'm waiting a smidge too long before attempting to move though.

I haven't experimented with air grabs much, so that sounds like a good route to explore. 5P might also be quick enough to stuff it - will need to see if it reaches high enough.

Edzi

I'm finding that I really hate how recovery works in this game. I prefer how P4Arena handled it, where you just had to hold a button to recover. In Xrd, I try to mash, but it rarely works on time so I continue getting hit by stuff I should be able to avoid, and when I do recover the mashing sometimes causes me to throw out moves I didn't want. Am I doing it wrong?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm finding that I really hate how recovery works in this game. I prefer how P4Arena handled it, where you just had to hold a button to recover. In Xrd, I try to mash, but it rarely works on time so I continue getting hit by stuff I should be able to avoid, and when I do recover the mashing sometimes causes me to throw out moves I didn't want. Am I doing it wrong?

Learn tech times

4r5

For every single situation in the game? That's a very complicated mechanic for very little depth. I am not a fan of it myself.

Aside from moves with non-standard untech time, there are only ten tech timings. Five, one for each attack level. Then another five, one for counterhits at each attack level. For the most part, you only consider the five normalhit timings. But even at ten timings, this is small compared to games where every move could have it's own specific tech time.

You never attempt to recovery on the earliest possible moment anyways. While in a combo, you watch your opponent as if you are in a blockstring, and time your recovery to fly past their reset/setup. Just like you would watch for overheads and tick-throws while blocking.

edit: forgot some words..

OceanBlue

I don't understand what to do against May. Am I supposed to not let her get the beach ball + dolphin combo out? I have a hard time navigating around the dolphin as it is.

Edzi

Man, I've gotta learn how to throw out jabs or something... I keep getting completely trapped by players who get me in the corner and just loop combos that I can't seem to get out of.

Sayad

Do I have burst?

Yes? Burst
No? Die

Welcome to Xrd
People should really use DAs more in this game, especially Millia players(appreciate its brokenness before 1.1 hits ;__; ). On defense, having %50 meter is about as valuable as a burst for Millia. ;p

Had a pretty successful Xrd night. I started using 6A and 2H more as anti-airs. I just can't figure out a consistent follow-up to drill H that leads to great pressure.

fader

ooook..... I just got the PS4 version after playing the PS3 version for a long time and the difference in quality is pretty clear...

Here is a recording of some of my matches at Skilletor's house last night:
http://www.twitch.tv/skillzilla81/b/637052853

If Zato is playing, it's me. I learned that Skilletor never blocks on oki, but it takes me a while to adjust to really take advantage of that. I watched Ogawa matches last night, and I noticed that he does drill on Oki before the -S- with Eddie, so I am going to start doing that for better pressure. Skilletor is the Chipp and Leo player in the video.

Around 15 minutes in I start playing a bit smarter, but it's all a work in progress. I pull off some new air combos, neglect some corner follow-ups I should get off of a drill, crumple in the corner consistently, still don't use Eddie until I get a knockdown (my biggest weakness, but it's my next thing I'm going to work on), and a bunch of other stuff, but I think I've definitely made a lot of progress.

Around the 1:20 mark is where I start getting better at using anti-airs.

The Millia player, Brandon, also taught me how to play UNIEL. Merkava is OP.

Edit: My Chipp matches around 1:50 make me look like I know what I'm doing, lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Here is a recording of some of my matches at Skilletor's house last night:
http://www.twitch.tv/skillzilla81/b/637052853

If Zato is playing, it's me. I learned that Skilletor never blocks on oki, but it takes me a while to adjust to really take advantage of that. I watched Ogawa matches last night, and I noticed that he does drill on Oki before the -S- with Eddie, so I am going to start doing that for better pressure. Skilletor is the Chipp and Leo player in the video.

Around 15 minutes in I start playing a bit smarter, but it's all a work in progress. I pull off some new air combos, neglect some corner follow-ups I should get off of a drill, crumple in the corner consistently, still don't use Eddie until I get a knockdown (my biggest weakness, but it's my next thing I'm going to work on), and a bunch of other stuff, but I think I've definitely made a lot of progress.

Around the 1:20 mark is where I start getting better at using anti-airs.

The Millia player, Brandon, also taught me how to play UNIEL. Merkava is OP.

Edit: My Chipp matches around 1:50 make me look like I know what I'm doing, lol.

We need to play again :p

rookiejet

At the 1:38 mark you dizzied that Ram and inputted the IK I was like "yessss, Ogwasticles, hnnnm" haha. That seemed like fun, offline is the best really. Post the stream here when you play again so I can troll you guys in chat

Kimosabae

Banned
I see myself as a Zato player in the end. Just wanna get my fundamentals in check before I start playing him. I'll be coming to you for advice, Kars!

We need to play again :p
For sure.

I still don't know what to do about Ky hanging back and throwing sigils out.

At the 1:38 mark you dizzied that Ram and inputted the IK I was like "yessss, Ogwasticles, hnnnm" haha. That seemed like fun, offline is the best really. Post the stream here when you play again so I can troll you guys in chat
I forgot the IK button. :-/ I had 3-4 dizzies last night, but I kept doing 236236D instead of H.

LOL @ Ogwasticles. I would love to get as good as him one day.

I see myself as a Zato player in the end. Just wanna get my fundamentals in check before I start playing him. I'll be coming to you for advice, Kars!
I will do my best! You gave me good advice back when we played SF, as well.

fader

that was....weird.... I had a gold and purple color for Ram's 7th color then I reset the game and it' back to the default red color... looked kinda cool thiough.

Top Bottom