• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

I wish work had spring break :/

You main Zato, right? Man, I really wish I could get some sets too... I have like NO Zato matchup experience.
Become a teacher, and you can have Spring Break off!

I do main Zato. I suck, though. I want to get better this week, but I need people to play against. -_-

Become a teacher, and you can have Spring Break off!

I do main Zato. I suck, though. I want to get better this week, but I need people to play against. -_-

Hah, I don't have it in me to become a teacher. 1) I suck at teaching and 2) I don't have the patience.

Also, Zato is hard to pick up. I thought about using him once. I tried like 5 trials and said "hah, nope."

Hah, I don't have it in me to become a teacher. 1) I suck at teaching and 2) I don't have the patience.

Also, Zato is hard to pick up. I thought about using him once. I tried like 5 trials and said "hah, nope."
Zato is crazy hard to play, but when this game came out I decided I was ready for a challenge. I am still awful with him in the neutral, but I am learning. I wanted to achieve a goal today, but that requires opponents. :p

Zato is crazy hard to play, but when this game came out I decided I was ready for a challenge. I am still awful with him in the neutral, but I am learning. I wanted to achieve a goal today, but that requires opponents. :p

Some online players are REALLY good. I'm sure you can find someone, even if it's random :)

Some online players are REALLY good. I'm sure you can find someone, even if it's random :)
I need a long set, though. Everyone leaves or I get booted by a spectator when I lose. To learn, I need to be able to develop expectations of an opponent so I can be comfortable enough to try new tech. Otherwise I default to "tried and true" stuff.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'd play more, but my wrists and hands have been hurting again, so I'm going to have to take it easy for a bit and play another time.

Been watching 1.1 videos though. These Slayer buffs in action by Hase look great.

I'd play more, but my wrists and hands have been hurting again, so I'm going to have to take it easy for a bit and play another time.

Been watching 1.1 videos though. These Slayer buffs in action by Hase look great.

Sorry I couldn't respond to your message yesterday -- I had a friend over.

Also, where are these 1.1 videos?

UberTag

I had no idea that you can complete M.O.M.

Also, Ranked is pretty bad, IMO. There's so many people who use lag tactics... and of course, they lag a LOT. I only go into ranked when I don't see any player room open and I don't want to start one myself.
M.O.M. is essentially beaten by ranking up to Class 14 and either purchasing or earning one of every skill/equipment item in that mode - many of which are exclusively unlocked in individual stages.

It gets very old, very fast. It wouldn't be so bad if the AI wasn't so scripted, spammy and exploitable.
In short, I played that mode for 20-30 hours and feel like I've learned very little about how to play Xrd properly.

M.O.M. is essentially beaten by ranking up to Class 14 and either purchasing or earning one of every skill/equipment item in that mode - many of which are exclusively unlocked in individual stages.

It gets very old, very fast. It wouldn't be so bad if the AI wasn't so scripted, spammy and exploitable.
In short, I played that mode for 20-30 hours and feel like I've learned very little about how to play Xrd properly.

I think I played like 2 hrs total to get the hang of early combos, hit confirms and get used to the system. 20-30 hours sounds like a chore. Time to play real players now!

On goldenrody's YT channel. I haven't watched much, just the Hase Slayer one.

Also, for Karst, I read this on Zato on DL http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...ameplay-discussion-2-console-is-out/?p=902457

Not like that's the full list, but he's not sounding like a destroyed character.

Hmm... Too bad it's on YT, since my work blocks it. Maybe I'll check it out on my cell.

GGs. I got so close to winning one...

Give me feedback. Especially on things I am doing wrong re: your offence. I feel like FD for pushblock is pointless.

I do try to 6HS, but it has horrible startup and active frames. I have to predict with it, I can't react.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs. I got so close to winning one...

Give me feedback. Especially on things I am doing wrong re: your offence. I feel like FD is pointless.

dead angle ky's corner pressure, when you fd hold it down, fding ky means he has to spend meter to keep going, ky is mostly frame traps so keep that in mind, use 6hs and 6p to anti air more often, use j.k more it's stupid good.

Basically if they are being predictable or coming from far away in use 6hs, otherwise use 6p

Anyone else want to play?

dead angle ky's corner pressure, when you fd hold it down, fding ky means he has to spend meter to keep going, ky is mostly frame traps so keep that in mind, use 6hs and 6p to anti air more often, use j.k more it's stupid good
Every time I used j.K you anti-aired me. :p

I will DA more.

rookiejet

I will jump on in a bit if you guys are still there.

I can't find the rooms. Are you ducking me, Q?!
cdvOdwj.png

Naite

I had the biggest grin on my face when he was in training mode in jonio's stream doing CH 6P combos and K pilebunker loops.

Rhapsody

Banned
I had the biggest grin on my face when he was in training mode in jonio's stream doing CH 6P combos and K pilebunker loops.

K pilebunker change is glorious lol. Also 2H being relevant again makes me happy, and the hitbox is huge. Reaches the opponent at round start lol. Also I'm not sure if it's been confirmed, but I've heard Dandy Step It's Late is +3 now? With all that and meaty 6K being a thing now, Slayer actually feels like Slayer (minus BBU).

K pilebunker change is glorious lol. Also 2H being relevant again makes me happy, and the hitbox is huge. Reaches the opponent at round start lol. Also I'm not sure if it's been confirmed, but I've heard Dandy Step It's Late is +3 now? With all that and meaty 6K being a thing now, Slayer actually feels like Slayer (minus BBU).

So what you're telling me is that I really need to find a sub to fight against Slayer now. Millia already has some problem fighting him. I guess I have to pick up Axl for real now.

Rhapsody

Banned
So what you're telling me is that I really need to find a sub to fight against Slayer now. Millia already has some problem fighting him. I guess I have to pick up Axl for real now.

Yeah, I can see Axl being rough for Slayer in 1.1. And don't worry, I was pretty free to your hairpins last we played D:

We need to play more eventually since I really need to know how to play around it.

Yeah, I can see Axl being rough for Slayer in 1.1. And don't worry, I was pretty free to your hairpins last we played D:

We need to play more eventually since I really need to know how to play around it.

Sure, I need the Slayer experience too. The last two local tourneys I went to, the guys who knocked me out were Slayers. They literally can get out of my setups for free. I need to learn how to punish that. Hairpin's current answer is to not get hit by it. Even if you block, it's pretty much a free blockstring for me. I think you can BS it in 1.1.

rookiejet

Try searching in the public player rooms (without the search id). It's rookiejet1 with pw gaf.

Try joining via the last invite I've sent you.

Woo! It worked

Should have made it immediate rematch, I'm dumb.

Try searching in the public player rooms (without the search id). It's rookiejet1 with pw gaf.

Try joining via the last invite I've sent you.

Woo! It worked

Should have made it immediate rematch, I'm dumb.

If you guys don't mind and if you're still on when I get back home, I'll join you guys.

Top Bottom