• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

rookiejet

Haha. The game knows I need it against Ogawasticles. I still don't know when to poke or try to jump out of Zato's strings. Command grabs too strong :/

Thanks for the games, Karst.

Edit: Sorry, Proto, I was busy getting wrecked by Zato. I'll add you.

Haha. The game knows I need it against Ogawasticles. I still don't know when to poke or try to jump out of Zato's strings. Command grabs too strong :/

Hah no worries...I remade the room. a717,pass: hey

Also, you can't really cross invite. PS4 version actually doesn't even have the invite option.

Man, the score was like 10-30, don't you pretend I am the better player here. :p

Seriously though, those double bursts were making me pull my hair out.

That was my first time playing a knowledgeable Sin, so I had a lot of learning to do. I felt like I started to play smart around match 30.

If I do the strings right, there are no opportunities to jump or poke. Apparently I was giving too much leeway before the 2P each time.

rookiejet

I got the feeling I got downloaded in the later matches which is why I said that, haha. I really need to work on mixing up my offense.

Our connection's surprisingly good, Proto, considering we're opposite coasts.

Edit: I keep forgetting Millia has a double dash when trying to ani-air her lol

I got the feeling I got downloaded in the later matches which is why I said that, haha. I really need to work on mixing up my offense.

Our connection's surprisingly good, Proto, considering we're opposite coasts.

Edit: I keep forgetting Millia has a double dash when trying to ani-air her lol

Yeah that double dash is useful. Also needed her for bnb.

I think they patched the game for better connection too which is really nice.

rookiejet

Yeah. He got a buff to his DP, it allows him to convert better from more situations. He got some damage nerfs here and there to counterbalance that.

rookiejet

I have a player room up with Grifter, name's "rookiejet1", pw "gaf", if anybody wants to join.

edit: grifter, stop reading my mind!

Thanks for the games, Grifter.

Grifter

I have a player room up with Grifter, name's "rookiejet1", pw "gaf", if anybody wants to join.

edit: grifter, stop reading my mind!

Thanks for the games, Grifter.

Fun games! Didn't notice the time fly when games were flowing. Learned a lot about the match and pretty good connection to boot.

rookiejet

It is usually evenings, I jump on around 6 or 7 if I intend to play for a while, but I don't have specific days. I'll hit you up if I'm on tonight and tomorrow.

Grifter

You got your gamerfingers???
No :(

I was gonna order translucent Seimitsus which I've used for years but a friend pulled the trigger on GFs so I tagged along. No ETA there but in the meanwhile, I grabbed the Kowal and 2lb spring from FocusAttack.

Based on the feedback in the stick thread, the spring sounds too tight for me and the Kowal may not even fit the Hayabusa, so who knows. Also thought I'd transfer my Seimitsus over while I'm in there.

Also, thinking I may order another set of buttons now that FocusAttack is running a sale.

No :(

I was gonna order translucent Seimitsus which I've used for years but a friend pulled the trigger on GFs so I tagged along. No ETA there but in the meanwhile, I grabbed the Kowal and 2lb spring from FocusAttack.

Based on the feedback in the stick thread, the spring sounds too tight for me and the Kowal may not even fit the Hayabusa, so who knows. Also thought I'd transfer my Seimitsus over while I'm in there.

Also, thinking I may order another set of buttons now that FocusAttack is running a sale.

Actually, I switched to the 2lb spring. I thought it was too stiff but I just wasn't used to it. I'm much more accurate with it. Not sure about the actuator though.

Also, hope you get your gamerfingers soon :)

Grifter

Actually, I switched to the 2lb spring. I thought it was too stiff but I just wasn't used to it. I'm much more accurate with it. Not sure about the actuator though.

Also, hope you get your gamerfingers soon :)

How much of a sure thing do you find the GamerFingers to be? I can get another set during this sale and potentially be unhappy with them, or I can get my trusty Seimitsus and potentially be upset I didn't get more GFs. :)

How much of a sure thing do you find the GamerFingers to be? I can get another set during this sale and potentially be unhappy with them, or I can get my trusty Seimitsus and potentially be upset I didn't get more GFs. :)

Never tried Seimitsus so I can't really compare. I like that they're quieter than the Kuros and the Sanwas though. They also feel more... pillowy. Not sure how else to describe it. It's very satisfying to press on it.

Elph gonna drop a bit when the patch (eventuallyT_T) comes.

yea, but I hear she's still pretty solid. I'd play may since I was learning her in +r as a secondary, but for some reason I dont really like what they did to her in xrd. Maybe in 1.1. I'll try her out again

Zissou

Thank god Ram is getting bopped- I'd rather fight Zero may cry or Morridoom than Ramlethal as she is now. Elph maybe worse though... at least you gotta put in lab time to be good with Ram
/SALLLLLLLLLLLLLLT

Thank god Ram is getting bopped- I'd rather fight Zero may cry or Morridoom than Ramlethal as she is now. Elph maybe worse though... at least you gotta put in lab time to be good with Ram
/SALLLLLLLLLLLLLLT

I really don't think you need that much time with Ram. It's just deploy swords and Tekken combo it up. In a pinch, SUPER.

Grifter

Played Elph for a couple of tournaments. The stated changes are relatively tame. Hitting the grenade is a gamble and no corner loop/unblockable nerfs. The most worrying nerf is a lower level f.S.

Played Elph for a couple of tournaments. The stated changes are relatively tame. Hitting the grenade is a gamble and no corner loop/unblockable nerfs. The most worrying nerf is a lower level f.S.

Yeah, Elph will be top 5. I think they're speculating Elph/Faust/Millia top 3?

If the changes are true, I'm thinking it's going to be Elph, Axl, Ky, I-No, Millia, Faust.

Ogawa secret top tier

Grifter

Really seems that some guys got locked down against Elph (sub-optimally) and didn't understand her pressure and stance, saw the couple nerfs, and let that be the outlet for their salt.

Top Bottom