• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Skilletor

Ya, I think the trouble with him will be opening people up. Some of his big damage comes from openers that aren't easy to get.

Yeah, definitely. His p and K attacks aren't very good, and I haaaaate his neutral heavy slash. I wish the first part hit crouching people.

He has to do this of damage because it's so hard to get those hits. He is a beast with meter, though.

laaame

Yeah, definitely. His p and K attacks aren't very good, and I haaaaate his neutral heavy slash. I wish the first part hit crouching people.

He has to do this of damage because it's so hard to get those hits. He is a beast with meter, though.

I'm curious why you think his normals suck? His 5p seems like a standard poke with above average range and 2p seems like every other characters. 6p seems like a decent anti-air normal that has upper body invuln.That normal seems really good as his main anti-air, as long as their not above you (he has Hawk Beaker for that, though that's questionable).

His K attacks don't seem too great since they are all slow, but they are still alright and serve their purpose. I wish his 2K had more gatling options but that's pretty minor complaint.

Overall, he seems like a good character who has mostly good normals, good frame data, and quirky gimmicks to get in.
For full disclosure: I haven't actually tried him out in an actual online match but from tests in the lab and watching other Sin players use him he seems alright.

Ferrio

Banned

Though 200 damage off a long range poke for 50% meter isn't bad.

Man if you manage to land a 2HS in the corner though, holy shit.

Pity his 2k -> 2HS is a link, going to fuck that one up alot. Think I'll stick to 2k,5k,3k,6HS instead when starting from a 2k.

Hag

So what's the fastest way to unlock Sin without the dlc unlock key? I want to try him out but I just play training and online all day ):

I am in desperate need of a sparring partner on the east coast. I've only got about 400 matches in P4AU when it came out and didn't learn a damn thing. I am probably going need like 2000 or 3000 matches before I even start to understand what this game is about.

Alternatively is there a decent single player mode to grind stuff in besides training/combo practice? Sure a CPU opponent is entirely different but you can still get a feel for movement, spacing, hit confirms and some of the basic mechanics.

So what's the fastest way to unlock Sin without the dlc unlock key? I want to try him out but I just play training and online all day ):
You should get cash for doing online matches. Otherwise 30 runs of arcade mode is what someone said.

Hag

Ranked matchs? I just play on lobby and never got money :/

Gonna try those arcade runs and story mode. Thanks

Onemic

I played some of the ps3 version.

It's rough. It feels very jarring, and looks pretty bad. It has a hint of the mvc3 feel where the system cant even handle the game, and going online just amplifies that feeling. BBCP feels that way on many stages.

=/

Quake 2 looking textures online. Disgusting. This shit feels cheaply made.

The game definitely looks a lot worse than the PS4 version, but it doesn't look that bad at all, at least too me. Granted I havent played online, but I assume that in terms of visuals it's the same as having the game at performance mode. Even with its faults I'd still say this is easily the best looking fighter on PS3 and one of the best looking games on PS3 in general.

I am in desperate need of a sparring partner on the east coast. I've only got about 400 matches in P4AU when it came out and didn't learn a damn thing. I am probably going need like 2000 or 3000 matches before I even start to understand what this game is about.

Alternatively is there a decent single player mode to grind stuff in besides training/combo practice? Sure a CPU opponent is entirely different but you can still get a feel for movement, spacing, hit confirms and some of the basic mechanics.

You should get cash for doing online matches. Otherwise 30 runs of arcade mode is what someone said.

Play M.O.M. mode. It's a nice survival/RPG mode you can grind out and get used to using your character.

Grifter

Am I fuckin' up or is the mission for reversal DPs hard? Had to resort to piano inputs, SF2-style to finish.

Game loaded up a remix of Ky's old theme. It was magic.

Sure, I'll play.

Zukuu

Banned
How's Chipp? Might be inclined to give the game a spin since SFV is ways off and I kinda have an urge to scratch that FG itch. Also, which MadCatz Arcade sticks work with the PS4?

Keasar

Any recommended sites for importing the US version to Europe (Sweden)? Kinda thinking about the limited edition for all the extras (like the vocal soundtrack). Rice Digital above didn't have that in.

Ferrio

Banned
How's Chipp? Might be inclined to give the game a spin since SFV is ways off and I kinda have an urge to scratch that FG itch. Also, which MadCatz Arcade sticks work with the PS4?

Fun, but his execution requirements were above me that's for sure. Least higher than I'm willing to spend time in learning.

Skilletor

I'm curious why you think his normals suck? His 5p seems like a standard poke with above average range and 2p seems like every other characters. 6p seems like a decent anti-air normal that has upper body invuln.That normal seems really good as his main anti-air, as long as their not above you (he has Hawk Beaker for that, though that's questionable).

His K attacks don't seem too great since they are all slow, but they are still alright and serve their purpose. I wish his 2K had more gatling options but that's pretty minor complaint.

Overall, he seems like a good character who has mostly good normals, good frame data, and quirky gimmicks to get in.
For full disclosure: I haven't actually tried him out in an actual online match but from tests in the lab and watching other Sin players use him he seems alright.

It feels like when somebody gets in on you, he's done. His normals have range, but they're really slow and bad up close. Yeah, especially his K attack. :(

My opinion is probably schewed by two things: I main chipp, and i was fighting Sols all weekend, lol. I'm probably totally off base and just need to learn him better. Still hate his HS, though. -_-

I like Sin, and I think if you can keep an opponent at optimal range, he is a beat. I just worry about what happens when somebody actually gets in on me.

Though 200 damage off a long range poke for 50% meter isn't bad.

Man if you manage to land a 2HS in the corner though, holy shit.

Pity his 2k -> 2HS is a link, going to fuck that one up alot. Think I'll stick to 2k,5k,3k,6HS instead when starting from a 2k.

Yeah, his damage output is re-fucking-diculous.

convo

Bedman's shit talking in his win quotes is amazing holy shit.And i don't find his english voice annoying either so that's a plus. He is certainly a very interesting character now especially after the story mode.

Bedman's shit talking in his win quotes is amazing holy shit.And i don't find his english voice annoying either so that's a plus. He is certainly a very interesting character now especially after the story mode.

I didn't know what to expect prior to playing the story mode but I like how he turned out. His JP voice is Hikaru Midorikawa so that pretty much seals the deal for me.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I mained him in GG:XX/AC.

He has some crazy shit now. Wall cling combos and crap, a lot more entertaining that's for sure. With that, the jump installs, low damage, and fast reaction times needed with him... I couldn't handle it, especially online.

SystemUser

I felt bad, because I didn't get the game after about an hour. I guess the learning curve is steeper than I thought. I don't think I will be playing online.

I felt bad, because I didn't get the game after about an hour. I guess the learning curve is steeper than I thought. I don't think I will be playing online.

Lol, I don't think you should worry about it. I might be taking things too seriously or not seriously enough.

Either way I say you play the game in the way that is fun for you to play and don't worry about anything else.

Astral

So I heard the lag online is caused by the two players using different voices. Is this really the only issue or is the netcode just bad?

Ferrio

Banned
So I heard the lag online is caused by the two players using different voices. Is this really the only issue or is the netcode just bad?

I've had good experiences, 4 frame lag seems to be playable more than that it gets a bit worse but doable. And yes there's a current bug that can cause desyncs if people use different voices.

Laconic

Banned
Oooh THAT scene.

I thought it was over for Ky and I didn't expect it at all.... Then he pulled a immagear thing and... Yeah. Then again, him living means that the reunion with dizzy didn't last two seconds

This was totally worth spoiling myself with.

It has made up my mind to actually get the game, next week.

That's really, really cool.

I'm tempted to main a certain person, now.

Laconic

Banned
I played some of the ps3 version.

It's rough. It feels very jarring, and looks pretty bad. It has a hint of the mvc3 feel where the system cant even handle the game, and going online just amplifies that feeling. BBCP feels that way on many stages.

=/

Quake 2 looking textures online. Disgusting. This shit feels cheaply made.

Sooo... get the PS4 version, then?

Onemic

Sooo... get the PS4 version, then?

I'd recommend it, yes

The PS3 version while looking very inferior to the PS4 version is no slouch in the visuals department though. Still the best looking PS3 fighter by a very wide margin imo and one of the best looking titles on the console in general.

Zato dropped to B tier too? surprised.

EDIT: seems like its only on one list.

I could see him easily moving back top in his next list. It seems like Millia, Ram, Faust, and Zato are always going to be a lock for top tier. Unless/When changes come down that is.

Even when they do I don't see Faust and Millia ever dropping below top. I wonder how much hate I will get for still using Faust and Zato once I get the game.

Top Bottom