• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Zissou

yeswnypn.jpg

Awww yeaaaaaaaaaaah

Yep JP copy got updated on PS3 lol.

Maybe it's my imagination but that extra buffer is real nice. The jump cancel links feel way easier, managing to link air dust with Sol a lot more.

Edit: It doesn't make combos you couldn't do before possible, but it makes ones that you got some of the time work more often. I like it.

Zissou

Zato is still top tier man!
as is Faust, hehehe

With the new flower combos, you can break 200k off good starters w/o meter o_O

Sayad

Yea, I kinda envy the characters who got new tools, I'll just pretend Chroming Rose is new and start using it. :(

For those who got the patch, how noticeable is the input buffer/easier inputs thing?

Naite

Yea, I kinda envy the characters who got new tools, I'll just pretend Chroming Rose is new and start using it. :(

For those who got the patch, how noticeable is the input buffer/easier inputs thing?

In the brief time I played the new patch, I haven't really noticed anything different with my inputs other than linking Slayer's 5K or 2K after cS,fS. The timing for that seems to be a bit earlier than I remembered, but I haven't played the game in weeks and I forget if any of the frame data for that has changed.

Grifter

Is there a full change list available? Was advanced input or a reversal buffer added like some earlier arcade notes suggested?

I was just playing friend's friend ("#2 player in the state") with pre-patch Slayer and he commented that everyone who uses him is scary because they're the one who've been using him for years. Now the headfirst #yolo Sol players I know are switching over.

Hmm I'll have to mess around with that stuff when NA gets the patch.

Is there a full change list available? Was advanced input or a reversal buffer added like some earlier arcade notes suggested?

I was just playing friend's friend ("#2 player in the state") with pre-patch Slayer and he commented that everyone who uses him is scary because they're the one who've been using him for years. Now the headfirst #yolo Sol players I know are switching over.

I've been going off of what was posted on one of the shoryuken articles. How accurate that is I'm not sure but some of the changes they highlighted seem to have made it in from what I've seen so that's your best bet. I'll need someone to confirm how accurate these are though.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/13/arc...-gear-xrd-sign-update-set-to-launch-in-march/

Naite

Well, does it gets non-corner damage now? Could you even go into dead on time midscreen in Xrd?
On counter hit it gets some stupid shit. You can do IAD jH during the wallbounce and land for a juggle afterwards or if you're near a corner you can go into pilebunker and do his new pilebunker loops.

On counter hit it gets some stupid shit. You can do IAD jH during the wallbounce and land for a juggle afterwards or if you're near a corner you can go into pilebunker and do his new pilebunker loops.

I was watching the Hase stream that goldenrody put up yesterday those pilebunker loops hurt a lot.

Hey man, I always thought Slayer was cool >.>

When I first started playing GG I chose the characters I played based on bands I liked growing up. Testament, Slayer, Axl from GnR, Venom and Faust because my very close cousins name was Fausto. I was only decent with Test and Faust though but I will admit that slayer is a fun character to play if you know how to.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Time to get back into this! I heard Ram got nerfed though. :/

Rhapsody

Banned
Slayer is pretty cool. Lots of situational stuff and conversions make him a really fun character. Even back in 1.0 he was good at, but now he gets even more opportunities.

Although if any one wants a high damaging character that's more BB-esque on typical BNBs and overheads, Leo's a solid choice.

Nimby

Banned
So, Guilty Gear community: Should I get this on PS3 or wait until I get a PS4? Or do you think there's going to be SUPER game or something.

Why is the Northeast like, the only active region for this game?

Because everyone in SoCal plays Mahvel and Ultra. Or they play Madden/Fifa. I am probably way off but who knows.

So, Guilty Gear community: Should I get this on PS3 or wait until I get a PS4? Or do you think there's going to be SUPER game or something.

It is arcsys so you can guarantee there will be another release of this game with more characters, some system changes, extra stuff, etc. It's just a matter of when. If you are interested in the game I'd suggest getting it now if you can or waiting a few months to see if anything new is announced.

OceanBlue

Might be placebo, but it feels a lot easier to do Sol's 2K 6P 5H IAD j.A j.C DP midscreen combo now. I wonder if the buffer change will mean I can actually do Ramlethal microdash combos now. :O

I should probably start playing this game again lol. Stopped playing fighting games because of Monster Hunter. :V

Rhapsody

Banned
Might be placebo, but it feels a lot easier to do Sol's 2K 6P 5H IAD j.A j.C DP midscreen combo now. I wonder if the buffer change will mean I can actually do Ramlethal microdash combos now. :O

I should probably start playing this game again lol. Stopped playing fighting games because of Monster Hunter. :V

I just tried it, definitely feels a lot easier now.

Marz

Why is the Northeast like, the only active region for this game?

Its pretty sad, my local scene(Utah) literally has nobody playing the game seriously at all even though it's one of the best fighting games to come out this millennium.

They'd rather just suck at SF4 for their whole life than try anything else its frustrating.

ok so how bad of an idea is it to get Leo, considering I have no idea how to play this game or know which character to play.

I just like the idea of active counters.

Top Bottom