• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Sayad

No, NEO0MJ, you need to check all the buffs Bedman got in 1.1.

Also, is +R netcode worse than Xrd? I might pick it up, need to see how Millia feels with air dash cancels and high damage.

NEO0MJ

No, NEO0MJ, you need to check all the buffs Bedman got in 1.1.

Also, is +R netcode worse than Xrd? I might pick it up, need to see how Millia feels with air dash cancels and high damage.

lol. Yeah, as soon as I replay Bloodborne.

And it seems like it's worse. A member here said it even blue screened his pc! Shamefully I'm still considering it.

Onemic

Dunno about PC, but I disagree.

Edit: did they really make the port worse than console? Lol
Awful if true. I'm still passing on it since I already bought AC and +Rs enough times

At least for me, even though MKX online is terrible, I've had a few playable matches where the lag was around 5 frames or so. In +R I've never had a single playable match. Rookiejet, who I normally get 1-2 frame delay on Xrd, I get at best around 15 frames of delay on +R for steam.

Not to mention there are other bugs, aside from the bad netcode.

Ah well, I'll just continue wishing arcsys adds Baiken as a playable character for Xrd ;_;

rookiejet

Essay pls. You are using colour shenanigans again.

Edit: Thx for the games, Essay! <3 Good night

Edit2: It's mine, man! Also, pray for me against MarlinPie

Edit3: I almost beat him, then he ducked. Too tough for him I guess. Heh

They both have good normals, They both have Rekkas, both of their rekkas can be hit confirmed, both of their rekkas give a lot of corner carry, they both own the ground game, and they both have simple/short but damaging combos.

I think you're pushing it. I wouldn't call Sin's special cancels rekkas, and I wouldn't say that he particularly has good normals either. Most characters in GG have some good corner carries. I'll give you the damage though. He hits like a truck.

So I asked this before, and I am still continuing to bash my head against the wal with Sol.

I hate dealing with rush down, and I hate having to try and go in on anyone. Is there any sane answer for a character choice that isn't "play a different game".

Netplay Axl sounds miserable for everyone involved.

As a counter point, does it matter what character you learn the game with? You can go against the flow all you want but that just makes things more difficult.

Edit: Forgot that was a charge character, no charge characters.

Netplay Axl sounds miserable for everyone involved.

As a counter point, does it matter what character you learn the game with? You can go against the flow all you want but that just makes things more difficult.

Edit: Forgot that was a charge character, no charge characters.

Hopefully Testament gets into this game I think you might like him. Although you could hate him... What kinds of characters do you like in other fighters?

Kimosabae

Banned
I hate dealing with rush down, and I hate having to try and go in on anyone. Is there any sane answer for a character choice that isn't "play a different game".

I mean, honestly, the answer is no. You're not compelled to Rushdown with every character, but you're going to have to deal with Rushdown - every character is capable.

Honestly, If you actually like the game on some level; I'd take this as an opportunity to learn approaches to FGs that are outside my comfort zone. Might make you an overall better FG player.

If you're not willing to play Axl or even Venom just because they have a handful of charge moves (there's really no "Charge Character" in this series) then you'll have to wait for Justice or Testament.

Or just play a different game.

I haven't played any other 2d fighter enough to know what I like, that's a pretty large part of the problem.

Dealing with rushdown just puts me in a really bad mood. It's not that I don't want to deal with it, but I know it will just frustrate me to the point where I wouldn't want to play anymore.

On the other hand I am equally bad when trying to open anyone up as well. I can't set up a proper safe jump, I am not really compelled to do cross ups either for whatever reason. Or using just us an overhead. Yeah I don't, I guess I am applying pressure wrong and am not very serious about it.

Maybe I should play Leo, autopilot crossups and mixups would probably work way better for me.

Edit: Playing a different game won't change anything too, it was just a joke. The same core problem will appear in all of them, maybe just a bit differently.

I haven't played any other 2d fighter enough to know what I like, that's a pretty large part of the problem.

Dealing with rushdown just puts me in a really bad mood. It's not that I don't want to deal with it, but I know it will just frustrate me to the point where I wouldn't want to play anymore.

On the other hand I am equally bad when trying to open anyone up as well. I can't set up a proper safe jump, I am not really compelled to do cross ups either for whatever reason. Or using just us an overhead. Yeah I don't, I guess I am applying pressure wrong and am not very serious about it.

Maybe I should play Leo, autopilot crossups and mixups would probably work way better for me.

Edit: Playing a different game won't change anything too, it was just a joke. The same core problem will appear in all of them, maybe just a bit differently.

Leo is a very easy to pickup and play character but he doesn't "play" like a GG character imo. But Leo is just as much of a rushdown character as the rest of them. You are going to have to get comfortable with that style of play to be successful with him but it is easier compared to the rest of the cast.

rookiejet

Watch some match videos and see which kind of character you think you'd be comfortable with. Goldenrody's channel is awesome. As you watch, be mindful of how other players are reacting to the situations you're having trouble with, and try to imitate their general game plan or aspects of it if you see that it's working for them in a particular matchup, etc. I wasn't comfortable with Guilty Gear levels of rushdown/pressure when I started either, I don't know what to say other than it takes time to get used to it, but maybe you'll find that you don't like it at all, which's fine. Play what you like, man! And I keep saying this (moreso to remind myself as well), try to not be too critical and results-oriented so much so as to frustrate yourself. It only hinders your improvement.

thesethingstheytaketime.gif

Also, fite meee! I saw you in my room the other day, but you left without even saying hi :/

Did they make any changes to the lobby system with the latest patch?

Navigating/using it and the clusterfuck that is inviting/joining people on a different system turned me off from playing before.

Essay

Did they make any changes to the lobby system with the latest patch?

Navigating/using it and the clusterfuck that is inviting/joining people on a different system turned me off from playing before.

Unless I'm forgetting something, the only new additions are that a voice clip plays to notify you when your turn has come when waiting in a room, and people who idle for 15 minutes get booted from the main lobby to create space.

Unless I'm forgetting something, the only new additions are that a voice clip plays to notify you when your turn has come when waiting in a room, and people who idle for 15 minutes get booted from the main lobby to create space.

So you still can't invite players who are using a different system if you have made your own room?

Essay

So you still can't invite players who are using a different system if you have made your own room?

Are there other games that allow PS3-PS4 cross-inviting? I assumed this was the limitation that led them to add the 4-character SearchID feature, so you could type a short code to your friends on the other console, which would let them find your room instantly.

Other recent lobby changes I forgot:
- If the host disables voice chat, people's voice chat is actually disabled
- You can change character without giving up your place in line

Are there other games that allow PS3-PS4 cross-inviting? I assumed this was the limitation that led them to add the 4-character SearchID feature, so you could type a short code to your friends on the other console, which would let them find your room instantly.

Other recent lobby changes I forgot:
- If the host disables voice chat, people's voice chat is actually disabled
- You can change character without giving up your place in line

Last time I tried the person I was playing with someone on PS3 we couldn't find eachother's rooms. I don't think the PS3 can use he search code function IIRC. I think it's just for PS4.

I ended up playing anyway today though.

Scrubbed it up with my Ky and Ramlethal.

Sayad

So I asked this before, and I am still continuing to bash my head against the wal with Sol.

Ky is the most traditional Ryu-y character in GG. Short hard hitting combos, good neutral with excellent pokes, low execution compared to most other characters. His "going in" after knockdown are extremely safe, especially after the ceil buff.

Essay

Last time I tried the person I was playing with someone on PS3 we couldn't find eachother's rooms. I don't think the PS3 can use he search code function IIRC. I think it's just for PS4.
The search code function is definitely there in the PS3 version's menu (Player Match, Search, SearchID). Might be worth trying again

Essay

Should YRC allow the other player to buffer input?...

I don't know for certain, but what it feels like to me is that the screen freeze eats your input and you then have to rebuffer it, probably in the 3 frames before the unfreeze.

Any word on if the EU version will be playable with US copies online? Say my friend owns a US copy and I will buy this one on launch. Will both of us have access to the same lobbies?

Essay

Any word on if the EU version will be playable with US copies online? Say my friend owns a US copy and I will buy this one on launch. Will both of us have access to the same lobbies?

I'd imagine so, based on the fact the Japan and HK versions work fine with the US one. Can't see Team Red pulling an Arcana.

Sayad

I don't know for certain, but what it feels like to me is that the screen freeze eats your input and you then have to rebuffer it, probably in the 3 frames before the unfreeze.
I should have worded that better, I'm asking if people here think ASW should change the way buffer works during YRC or keep it as it is. This is how it works right now:
- For the one initiating YRC, the freeze works like a hit stop, you can buffer anything during the freeze and it will come out the moment the freeze end.
- For the other player, there's no buffer, if he want a move coming out the moment the freeze end he have to time it right. The freeze doesn't actually eat his inputs, it just doesn't buffer them, so what ever move you finish inputting during the freeze wont come out.

The question is, do you think the other player should be allowed to buffer things during the YRC freeze since the player initiating the YRC can?

Onemic

I should have worded that better, I'm asking if people here think ASW should change the way buffer works during YRC or keep it as it is. This is how it works right now:
- For the one initiating YRC, the freeze works like a hit stop, you can buffer anything during the freeze and it will come out the moment the freeze end.
- For the other player, there's no buffer, if he want a move coming out the moment the freeze end he have to time it right. The freeze doesn't actually eat his inputs, it just doesn't buffer them, so what ever move you finish inputting during the freeze wont come out.

The question is, do you think the other player should be allowed to buffer things during the YRC freeze since the player initiating the YRC can?

Isn't that a huge nerf to YRC though?

Sayad

Isn't that a huge nerf to YRC though?
It is, it would render a lot of YRC tech useless or change the way they work. Didn't think about it much, but the main thing that made me ask this is that some YRC stuff during oki seem way too strong, they miss up whatever you planned to do on wake up and you have less than a second to adjust and re-input your stuff.

I'm not sure if I want it myself since I don't want to watch out for reversals every time I use a YRC.

Top Bottom