• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

It's kind of ridiculous that you can just at any point in time stop another person from pressing buttons at will, full screen, without touching them.

If the intention is to make something good, that should definitely go away.

Just fight me if you want someone free
Oh wait, uh yeah we would actually probably have an ok connection.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
There are some scans floating around of Jack-O, the new teased character. Thoughts? Personally I really dig the design.

NEO0MJ

I don't like it. It feels full on anime, in the most generic way possible. Maybe better pictures will turn me around.

I should have worded that better, I'm asking if people here think ASW should change the way buffer works during YRC or keep it as it is. This is how it works right now:
- For the one initiating YRC, the freeze works like a hit stop, you can buffer anything during the freeze and it will come out the moment the freeze end.
- For the other player, there's no buffer, if he want a move coming out the moment the freeze end he have to time it right. The freeze doesn't actually eat his inputs, it just doesn't buffer them, so what ever move you finish inputting during the freeze wont come out.

The question is, do you think the other player should be allowed to buffer things during the YRC freeze since the player initiating the YRC can?

Let's not forget the fact that you can activate YRC while doing absolutely nothing. 25 tension to freeze and check what your opponent is doing. Remove that too please.

FluxWaveZ

Reiterating:
Can we just get a character who looks and acts evil as shit? The closest Xrd has is I-No. Jack-O's also part of That Man's crew, yet she's supposedly comedy oriented. She looks cool with the mask on, at least.
I feel like previous GG games had a bunch of options for this, but now there aren't really any... Eh, I guess we don't really know Jack-O's personality yet.

MSMrRound

Just got the game recently so don't mind me asking a little question about DLC...

I got a R1 (US) copy of the game and I'm using my main R3 (South-East Asia->Singapore) account to play it.

I actually downloaded the free Elphelt DLC back when it was available. It doesn't seem to auto register though? E.g Elphelt isn't readily available on the character screen. I'll have to change it to my R1 account->somehow double check if Elphelt's DLC is in my library->Leave the game open->switch back to my region 3 account before I'm able to use her for matches.

I'm pretty new to the PS4 so it might be my fault as well as I'm still learning about how the system operates. Am I doing something wrong? After downloading DLC characters, aren't they supposed to be available for use without going through all that hassle? >.>

Sayad

Just got the game recently so don't mind me asking a little question about DLC...

I got a R1 (US) copy of the game and I'm using my main R3 (South-East Asia->Singapore) account to play it.

I actually downloaded the free Elphelt DLC back when it was available. It doesn't seem to auto register though? E.g Elphelt isn't readily available on the character screen. I'll have to change it to my R1 account->somehow double check if Elphelt's DLC is in my library->Leave the game open->switch back to my region 3 account before I'm able to use her for matches.

I'm pretty new to the PS4 so it might be my fault as well as I'm still learning about how the system operates. Am I doing something wrong? After downloading DLC characters, aren't they supposed to be available for use without going through all that hassle? >.>
Not sure if this is the problem you're having, but I think your PS4 should be assigned as the main console for the account you downloaded the DLC(US account in your case) from.

Sayad

Let's not forget the fact that you can activate YRC while doing absolutely nothing. 25 tension to freeze and check what your opponent is doing. Remove that too please.
The slowdown is essential to prevent YRC from being way too powerful, it'll be too easy to create unreachable mix-ups without the YRC slowdown. Removing the slowdown will just open another can of worms.

As to why you can do it without canceling anything, well, not being able to do raw YRC wouldn't really change anything, it will just make it harder for beginners to use it while experienced players will learn to attack > YRC in the fastest way possible and be able to use it during neutral just like how it works right now.

The slowdown is essential to prevent YRC from being way too powerful, it'll be too easy to create unreachable mix-ups without the YRC slowdown. Removing the slowdown will just open another can of worms.

As to why you can do it without canceling anything, well, not being able to do raw YRC wouldn't really change anything, it will just make it harder for beginners to use it while experienced players will learn to attack > YRC in the fastest way possible and be able to use it during neutral just like how it works right now.

I don't disagree that the YRC freeze is needed, but using 25 tension to slow down or even change your opponent's timing is a bit much. I don't know how many times I got hit by someone because they did raw YRC freeze to change my attack timing so they can counter me. Likewise, I've done the same, and it just... doesn't feel right. Yeah, you could counter with YRC of your own, but I just end up mashing and getting like 2-3 YRCs because of that input eating BS.

I DO agree that some moves/specials should be YRC'ed, so if you have a character like Millia, you could do S Tandem Top YRC as a defensive stance. Still BS, but I could see this more viable than standing YRCs.

OceanBlue

I don't understand frame traps with Ramlethal. The only things I can figure out to be useful are 5P 2KP (stagger) / 5P 2K sword set if they respect you and 5P c.S at close range (5f gap) or 5P something if they respect you.

The thing is that so much of what Ram can do in blockstrings get blown up by f.S or 5P (I was using 5K with Sol to test stuff) and you don't get much out of most of her chains except for 2KPK. If you do guess wrong and they block 2KP or something your pressure is done and you go back to her nerfed neutral lol.

People say Ram's corner pressure is good but how do you get people to respect you? D:

I just put a couple hours of training into Ram tonight and I don't even know how to do that stuff yet.

It's funny when you look at the NA lobbies compared to the JP ones.

JP usually has around 7 or so lobbies full of people while I usually only see one full at times on NA.

OceanBlue

I just put a couple hours of training into Ram tonight and I don't even know how to do that stuff yet.

It's funny when you look at the NA lobbies compared to the JP ones.

JP usually has around 7 or so lobbies full of people while I usually only see one full at times on NA.
The lobby thing is a shame :(. Haven't been able to play because of no internet but I wish online was more active.

Lol I spent a lot of time in training mode in the beginning on combos and trying to figure out what was cancellable. For some reason it's really hard for me to understand how to play Ramlethal. Even when watching people play I have no idea why people do things.

Essay

I want to say that Japanese players play Ranked more, which keeps them coming back regularly. Most North Americans are concerned about getting a bad connection that would sour the experience, which keeps them away from it, especially when it's so hard to tell where your opponent is playing from (short of obvious PSN names and their player card). Maybe this will improve when they tweak the Ranked Match pairing, but it might be too late.

I don't understand frame traps with Ramlethal. The only things I can figure out to be useful are 5P 2KP (stagger) / 5P 2K sword set if they respect you and 5P c.S at close range (5f gap) or 5P something if they respect you.

The thing is that so much of what Ram can do in blockstrings get blown up by f.S or 5P (I was using 5K with Sol to test stuff) and you don't get much out of most of her chains except for 2KPK. If you do guess wrong and they block 2KP or something your pressure is done and you go back to her nerfed neutral lol.

People say Ram's corner pressure is good but how do you get people to respect you? D:

I'm not a Ram expert so I don't really know squat except that my priority is GTFO when I play against her. I would suggest to watch videos and see what they do. Dustloop is a good source.

It seems like if your character has no DP and you get caught in the corner you can't do anything to beat repeated shotgun blasts other than hope the other player fails to input the reload properly.

Just played against one that got me in the corner and there was nothing I could do against that. Ramlethal doesn't have any fast attacks that can hit Elphelt at that range she can use the blast over and over again.

It seems like if your character has no DP and you get caught in the corner you can't do anything to beat repeated shotgun blasts other than hope the other player fails to input the reload properly.

Just played against one that got me in the corner and there was nothing I could do against that. Ramlethal doesn't have any fast attacks that can hit Elphelt at that range she can use the blast over and over again.

I believe green shield will push them out far enough for you to jump out.

Blitzshield/dead angle don't work either? Obviously not really as good as a DP, but still.

Didn't try those. I actually forgot that those things exist. Maybe next time I'll actually remember so I can see if they'll work. I tend to forget everything from training when I go into an actual match.

I believe green shield will push them out far enough for you to jump out.

He was chewing right through all of my meter, it wasn't really pushing him out that far plus the RC'ing to keep within range.

I'll try Blitzh Shield/Dead Angle.

Rhapsody

Banned

Elphelt shotgun stance is definitely a problem for a lot of players. And a lot of players don't really know how to deal with it and just hope for the best.

Your fastest normal is 5P to get out of it. Proper way to get out is to IB her non charged shotgun and 5P out. Make sure to avoid pressing buttons against any of her other shotgun normals (and to avoid the grab) because you'll end up getting CHed if she does another normal. Using FD isn't helpful since she can easily get back in. It'll help give you distance on avoiding the command grab, but smart Elphelt players won't autopilot and use S to get back in while you're stuck in more blockstun.

Using FD too much will just burn and waste your meter.

So yeah, the answer is to IB and 5P her non charged shotgun. If you want to learn how to deal with Elphelts, you really need to learn IBing it or you'd be leaving it up to luck.

Dead Angle isn't too bad, but of course you'll be down in meter. It's best to use it as a last resort.

OceanBlue

I'm not a Ram expert so I don't really know squat except that my priority is GTFO when I play against her. I would suggest to watch videos and see what they do. Dustloop is a good source.
Lol yeah she's still scary. I just think that, compared to characters with regular gatlings like Sol, I can't really form an idea about stable pressure aside from 2KPK.

Any ground string cancelled into sword set (maybe except for c.S) loses to f.S because you're always negative and the normal kills the sword. That's why I'm trying to figure out a frame trap game, but her chains don't really do much unless you're crouching (which let's her full combo from 5PPK). 2KPK is like a short range rekka though. 2KP is -2 which is okay.

Lol checked the Dustloop thread and it makes me pretty sad about playing Ram. Even FAB says she isn't good.

He was chewing right through all of my meter, it wasn't really pushing him out that far plus the RC'ing to keep within range.

I'll try Blitzh Shield/Dead Angle.

Ah yes, I forgot about the RC. Frustrating that she keeps her stance. Coupled with the fact that once you get scared, she runs up and grabs you is REALLY annoying.

Onemic

Lol yeah she's still scary. I just think that, compared to characters with regular gatlings like Sol, I can't really form an idea about stable pressure aside from 2KPK.

Any ground string cancelled into sword set (maybe except for c.S) loses to f.S because you're always negative and the normal kills the sword. That's why I'm trying to figure out a frame trap game, but her chains don't really do much unless you're crouching (which let's her full combo from 5PPK). 2KPK is like a short range rekka though. 2KP is -2 which is okay.

Lol checked the Dustloop thread and it makes me pretty sad about playing Ram. Even FAB says she isn't good.

2nd worst character in the game bruh. Thank you based ASW

Kimosabae

Banned

A good mixup requires more guesswork than reactions and the game still has plenty of those with the slowdown.

I feel like it's still too early to criticize the slowdown - I'm still getting used to it. The input digestion needs to kick rocks, though.

Elphelt shotgun stance is definitely a problem for a lot of players. And a lot of players don't really know how to deal with it and just hope for the best.

Your fastest normal is 5P to get out of it. Proper way to get out is to IB her non charged shotgun and 5P out. Make sure to avoid pressing buttons against any of her other shotgun normals (and to avoid the grab) because you'll end up getting CHed if she does another normal. Using FD isn't helpful since she can easily get back in. It'll help give you distance on avoiding the command grab, but smart Elphelt players won't autopilot and use S to get back in while you're stuck in more blockstun.

Using FD too much will just burn and waste your meter.

So yeah, the answer is to IB and 5P her non charged shotgun. If you want to learn how to deal with Elphelts, you really need to learn IBing it or you'd be leaving it up to luck.

Dead Angle isn't too bad, but of course you'll be down in meter. It's best to use it as a last resort.

IBing at this stage is a little much. I've only ever been able to do it by accident outside of BBCS. My mind is occupied with too much at the moment to make room for conscious IBing.

I think next time I face an Elphelt I'll just let them get me into the corner so they can do the loops and try to practice IBing, because there's no point in trying to win unless I can get out of that.

Ah yes, I forgot about the RC. Frustrating that she keeps her stance. Coupled with the fact that once you get scared, she runs up and grabs you is REALLY annoying.

Yeah, at least the grenade goes away when you hit her now.

Rhapsody

Banned
IBing at this stage is a little much. I've only ever been able to do it by accident outside of BBCS. My mind is occupied with too much at the moment to make room for conscious IBing.

I think next time I face an Elphelt I'll just let them get me into the corner so they can do the loops and try to practice IBing, because there's no point in trying to win unless I can get out of that.

People usually say this (about being too early to IB) but I've seen people put it off. Even after 5 years of BB or whatever, they end up never getting around to it. I suggest recording Ky to just do fullscreen Stun Edge and get used to the timing. Once you get that down, record him doing 6H and practice IBing the 2nd hit.

While I wouldn't suggest IBing everything if you can or can't, it's just good to know you have that option.

I really don't suggest practicing IBs for the first time in an online environment against an Elphelt when cornered. Got to make use of training mode instead (and you can record her doing shotgun pressure).

People usually say this (about being too early to IB) but I've seen people put it off. Even after 5 years of BB or whatever, they end up never getting around to it. I suggest recording Ky to just do fullscreen Stun Edge and get used to the timing. Once you get that down, record him doing 6H and practice IBing the 2nd hit.

While I wouldn't suggest IBing everything if you can or can't, it's just good to know you have that option.

I really don't suggest practicing IBs for the first time in an online environment against an Elphelt when cornered. Got to make use of training mode instead (and you can record her doing shotgun pressure).

That's probably a better idea than doing it online.

Thanks.

Essay

That PS3 to PS4 connection definitely felt fine. Seems like the patch-before-last did what it was supposed to, especially when I compare it to my previous PS3-to-PS4 experience.

That PS3 to PS4 connection definitely felt fine. Seems like the patch-before-last did what it was supposed to, especially when I compare it to my previous PS3-to-PS4 experience.

yea ggs man. beat me down pretty hard lol. Gotta start making headway in that game

What messes me up in Danger Time is you can link moves that you can't normally which has led to me losing matches from doing a move by accident when I meant to do something else that would have resulted in me keeping the combo going.

Glad to see I won't have to worry about that anymore.

OceanBlue

I'm never going to be able to break a throw, but yay? Nice that Danger Time is gone.

Just saw Jack-O's moves. Wtf lol. So weird.

Top Bottom