• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Onemic

I could see him easily moving back top in his next list. It seems like Millia, Ram, Faust, and Zato are always going to be a lock for top tier. Unless/When changes come down that is.

Even when they do I don't see Faust and Millia ever dropping below top. I wonder how much hate I will get for still using Faust and Zato once I get the game.

I'm gonna try my hardest to be that hated Ramlethal player

Laconic

Banned
I'm gonna try my hardest to be that hated Ramlethal player

As much as I'd like to just go ahead, let my hair down again, and just spam Top Tier (pun intended), I'm rather leaning towards maining I-No, this time.

I've been of the mind to do so well before she started inching her way up the tiers, too.

So I'm good with it, lol.

petghost

Banned
rams playstyle looks straight up boring though...

certainly a very good character though. her corner pressure looks scarier than venom or even eddie.

Onemic

rams playstyle looks straight up boring though...

certainly a very good character though. her corner pressure looks scarier than venom or even eddie.

She has the most interesting playstyle to me. those sword teleports...Too much

Who can resist a chick with two floating giant ass swords as weapons.

Azure J

Do keep in mind this is Fighting Grumps Weekly. :p

Edit: And this is why Azure should not leave multiple tabs up. Got mixed up between the weekly thread and Xrd OT. :lol

Onemic

The Ramlethal hate is strong. Good.....Let the hate flow through... No one playing the character makes it even better for me since that means less people will know how to deal with her bs. huehuehuehue

It'll be like USF4 and Elena all over again, except this time I got a top tier.

Zetta

Oooh THAT scene.

I thought it was over for Ky and I didn't expect it at all.... Then he pulled a immagear thing and... Yeah. Then again, him living means that the reunion with dizzy didn't last two seconds

Mann worth the goddamn spoiler. Wow I'm happy to hear that.

Grifter

Despite combining some of his best qualities between #R and AC, Slayer's always been around the top but has felt weaker so far with lessened reach and raw damage output.
Has faust ever not been top tier?
IIRC, he was with/near Eddie in XX. He's always been strong at the beginner/intermediate level.

Onemic

IIRC, he was with/near Eddie in XX. He's always been strong at the beginner/intermediate level.

Despite combining some of his best qualities between #R and AC, Slayer's always been around the top but has felt weaker so far with lessened reach and raw damage output.

ya, Slayer is definitely not as good. normals/specials dont go as far, dmg is less, and back dash cancels have like half the invincibility as before. Combos seem like they're inbetween AC and Reload in terms of difficulty. I personally found them harder to do than Ramlethals, which shouldnt make any sense, but there it is.

Ok the jump cancel attacks just straight up don't make sense to me. I can't tell if they are links or that there is some weird buffer in the game that swallos inputs but clearly I am pressing the button way to early and it's throwing me off.

I noticed you can't spam wake up reversals in this game.

In BB I can spam Inferno Divider and have it come out every time on wake up. But doing the wake up reversal challenge in mission mode, it seems if you don't input the button press at the exact moment it won't work.

FluxWaveZ

I suck real bad at inputs in this game right now. Too acclimatized to the simple P4A ones; can't get what I want to 30% of the time.

Edit: I wanted Big Blast Sonic to be a selectable battle theme.

Onemic

I noticed you can't spam wake up reversals in this game.

In BB I can spam Inferno Divider and have it come out every time on wake up. But doing the wake up reversal challenge in mission mode, it seems if you don't input the button press at the exact moment it won't work.

It seems like its the same with air recovery. I was doing mission mode when you have to recover from axl comboing you and then doing an immediate FD to block his air attack. Just getting the air recovery out before hitting the ground was tough, mashing out all the recovery buttons only worked like 40% of the time.

To the GG vets, how do you air recover/emergency recover consistently?

I suck real bad at inputs in this game right now. Too acclimatized to the simple P4A ones; can't get what I want to 30% of the time.

P4A is much more lenient on inputs compared to gg. You need to be much more precise with your inputs. It will take time, but it will click eventually.

Onemic

Man, I wonder why they didn't just keep the "hold to tech" system that P4A introduced and that BlazBlue followed. Guess it's a GG thing. I don't like the mashing.

Ya, same. It just seems like mashing straight up doesnt really work all that well for recovering consistently, even compared to when BB had it, so there must be something I'm missing.

AllenShrz

Bought this game yesterday, the japanese copy has english!

Is super pretty BUT is my first GG and I have no idea of whats going on. I need to fish practice mode.

fader

Bought this game yesterday, the japanese copy has english!

Is super pretty BUT is my first GG and I have no idea of whats going on. I need to fish practice mode.

do trail mode and mission mode is amazing for beginners and intermediate players.

Beats

GGs, Beats.

GGs. Haven't fought Zato before, so that was interesting. Was that move that you kept hitting me with when I was in the air where Eddie extends himself vertically unblockable? I held back after I did a neutral recovery, but I got hit. I tried to tech forward to get out, but then you just hit me with it anyway lol. : <

FluxWaveZ

Was that move that you kept hitting me with when I was in the air where Eddie extends himself vertically unblockable? I held back after I did a neutral recovery, but I got hit. I tried to tech forward to get out, but then you just hit me with it anyway lol. : <

Yeah, pretty sure that's air unblockable, so you have to use Faultless Defense. I also noticed you weren't using that to prevent dying from chip damage.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh right! I forgot about FD being able to do that... > . <

Yeah, try not to stay too much in the air against Eddie. ]S[ shadow is a good anti air and you don't want to waste meter if you can help it by being vulnerable.

You don't want to mash air techs in this game because of this.

*raises hand*

If it ain't drawn from a scabbard tied to the waist I don't wanna hear about it.

I'll make an exception for Guts and his Dragonslayer, though

Top Bottom