• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Ferrio

Banned
GGs Q, I need a lot of work. Not sure what to do with Sin when I'm pinned down like that. Man, I've always hated Ky's high/low shenanigans... even worse online.

Played a few online matches, the lag was kinda rough and wish I could play against someone with a better connection.

However! I had a surprising ammount of fun. I still need to play more games though to figure out if its really better for me than Persona or not lol.

Lemstar

Gah...

Will it at least be available at midnight? Or will it not be up until the store updates....
Probably the latter.

Dunno why you wouldn't import if you were already going to buy digitally anyway; paying $7 to play two weeks earlier seems like a no-brainer once the full dual language patch was known.

Probably the latter.

Dunno why you wouldn't import if you were already going to buy digitally anyway; paying $7 to play two weeks earlier seems like a no-brainer once the full dual language patch was known.
Wasn't going to buy digital until the limited edition was delayed, reconsidered it and figured I didn't really need the extra stuff anyways. I generally don't go digital for retail games but the download is way smaller than expected.

Gonna use the extra time before release to
attempt to
clear out some backlog excitement

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";142463608]Man these tier dudes just don't know about my Ino.

Hey Q I'm free to teach you the game next weekend so let's play then.[/QUOTE]Sounds good. I'd love some free wins

Haven't played GG in ages. Is Venom still same-ish?

You probably need to learn the YRC gimmicks. The game teachs you a stinger aim into a knock down combo for 25 meter haha. It's pretty much unreactable, if they weren't already blocking then they get hit and you convert into a combo + ball setup, or more damge, for 25 meter.

Oh but the one thing I really like about the lobby system in Xrd is just how fast it is. I don't know if its just because everyone is on a digital copy or there are fewer menus but there is only a few secconds delay between the match ending and starting up the next one. In P4AU it took forever for the person to get through the match end menu, the score/XP screen then for their avatar to update with the winstreak count and only then you being able to get on the cap again to start up the next match.

Makes sense, how else would he have been able to handle Necro and Undine while slamming dizzy LOLOLOL

Btw anyone want to play :p

Yeah,
he would need that durability. It was definitely the most unexpected and badass part of the story mode for me. I'm just wondering what part it will play in the next game's story, since it's a big development imo.

Rhapsody

Banned

A little different. Some of his formations are different, he has a new (better) j.D. If you're used to Accent Core, no more Dubious Curve, he has QV instead.
I'd still say he's not that hard to learn regarding combos though, so you should be fine.

Rhapsody

Banned
any notable elphelt players to watch? i've been trying the lame game and it's not really working heh. i should probably just swap to faust.

Not much yet. Random netplay vids, but no videos of pros using her yet.

I've been using her and she has some nice pressure after oki, safejumps, fuzzies, an unblockable setup, and so forth. Grenades is probably her best tool, and her shotgun stance is pretty good when paired with it or just during certain combos.

I don't find her as a character that can lame it out. She wants to stay in and keep pressure, and her keepaway isn't that great.

4r5

Ok the jump cancel attacks just straight up don't make sense to me. I can't tell if they are links or that there is some weird buffer in the game that swallos inputs but clearly I am pressing the button way to early and it's throwing me off.

When jumpcanceling moves for combos, the timing is a link. While you're able to buffer in your jump for the cancel, since you haven't yet jumped, you can not buffer in your followup attack. You have to time your attack for when your character actually does the jump. The timing for the attack is a link.

To the GG vets, how do you air recover/emergency recover consistently?

I piano across Heavy, Slash, and Kick. I try to time my piano slightly before the attack would hit me. For this, you kinda have to know the combo you're getting hit by.

Also, back and forward tech points are sooner than the neutral tech point.

Rhapsody

Banned
I piano across Heavy, Slash, and Kick. I try to time my piano slightly before the attack would hit me. For this, you kinda have to know the combo you're getting hit by.

Also, back and forward tech points are sooner than the neutral tech point.

Ah, so that means neutral teching at the soonest possible point can still result in invalid combos like the previous games then?

Also, are "1 frame" FD jumps still in Xrd?

Man, thanks to the input buffers this game is actually pretty playable for me on pad. It almost feels like Virtual Fighter how early you can key in the combos lol

Ino's options just seem nuts, but I haven't checked out much footage yet. And people said she was even better before?

wwm0nkey

I think after today when my finals are done I'm going to dedicate my whole week to getting better at this. Got a hold of the >v< + > HS thing and the Z movement, just need more practice on linking combos better.

Zissou

How do trades work in this game? Sometimes, I get staggered and sometimes my opponent does? What all factors into this?

Grifter

My main local comp is a Venom and he says the moves timings all feel exactly the same (long time AC player). One things that affects matches more than you'd think is that his dive kick no longer hits behind him. I want to say he has his #R formations.
How do trades work in this game? Sometimes, I get staggered and sometimes my opponent does? What all factors into this?
Purely move dependent - if you traded a move that would normally stagger (usually on counter hit which applies to trades), your opponent would still stagger.

Qvoth

i find his dustloop super easy compared to +r, but maybe it's because i'm using stick
it was the fafnir timing that i found hard for a while, trick is to delay it a bit

Grifter

What's a basic setup for dust loop now? I think in #R they made it harder and optimal to super jump the loops, is that the case here?

What's a basic setup for dust loop now? I think in #R they made it harder and optimal to super jump the loops, is that the case here?

Easiest way to go into the dustloop is to do something into 6P > 5HS then jump cancel into the dustloop. And no, you don't have to superjump it in this game.

thundr51

Anyone got any tips for Ky challenge 18 - 6HS, 5k, close s, 5HS, 236K.
Can't seem to get close s, 5HS to connect, too far away. Am I missing something?

So I played it on PS3 and I'm pretty much interested in the game, at least I do not suck with Chipp I think, is it already confirmed that this game comes out on PS4 and PS3 on the 17th December in Europe?

LTWheels

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";142487032]Man, thanks to the input buffers this game is actually pretty playable for me on pad. It almost feels like Virtual Fighter how early you can key in the combos lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the first Guilty Gear that I've played and it way way more approachable than I expected. I've found performing combos to more approachable than Blazblue.

Joystick motions are a tiny bit stricter than I'm use to, but I've found the buttons to be quite lenient. When hitting multiple face buttons at the same time using the ps4 pad, it always seems to register the combination of buttons that I want.

With the joystick motions, I think part of the problem is that I'm not use to the ps4 pad yet. I do think the side of the dpad are raised a bit too high, which causes me some issues. I am more accurate hitting the correct motions quicker with the vita dpad using remote play.

Grifter

ya, Slayer is definitely not as good. normals/specials dont go as far, dmg is less, and back dash cancels have like half the invincibility as before. Combos seem like they're inbetween AC and Reload in terms of difficulty. I personally found them harder to do than Ramlethals, which shouldnt make any sense, but there it is.

Are there numbers on BDC? I felt it had already been neutered a good bit by the end of GGXX's span, this doesn't feel worse so far. The air links are harder too and feels even more specific so far while my old #R combo works and does more damage w/o knockdown so I'm not clear on how worthwhile the j.2K combos are yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Have you guys been playing in private rooms? I found Q online last night but had no way to join him.

Ferrio

Banned
Have you guys been playing in private rooms? I found Q online last night but had no way to join him.

The online is kinda stupid. Player matches are seperate from the lobby system and hidden in the menu, then you have to search for the player match. They should of just made it so you can create a locked/private lobby.

Second, PS4 players can't receive or send invites to player matches. Which not only sucks for PS4 players, but confuses PS3 players who try to invite/ask for invite.

Probably, can she still lock you down very tightly with tri-dash and chemical love RC mix-ups? I used to have to avoid giving her too much distance too, the way her controllable air note builds up.

My only experience with GG previously was with Reload, but Ino seems to have a lot more options than then. I've just been playing around a lot with different resets and pressure strings.

I feel like I'm still in an MVC3 mindset, though. I'm trying to do funky combos by bouncing people off the top of an early EM Disruptor and stuff. I do like how much corner carry you can get with her off of simple combos. Once you're in the corner and you don't have burst, it's like 2/3rds of your health gone off a meterless reset.

I don't know if that's even good or not yet compared to the rest of the cast lol

Also, fuck Ramlethal.

I'm gonna learn Ramlethal.

Z3M0G

Finished the final BlazBlue story mode yesterday. (My GOD, that must have been 20+ hours!)

I'm ready for this now!

Top Bottom