• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

FinKL

As someone new to GG, which arcade stick layout do you all use/recommend? Coming from SF4/KI/KOF etc.

I noticed the default arcade layout is:
K...S...HS
P.........D

but I realized I completed half of Millia's challenges with the default control layout of
P...S...D
K...HS...

Advantages/Disadvantages to either? I feel like I should just learn the original layout as that's how the developers originally developed to play the game.

Shinichi

I've completed all challenges of all characters with
P S HS
K T D

T= Taunt

There was no problem with configuration.

Naite

I hate my current layout. I use

S HS D
P K

It's what I've been using since I first played GGX and before I started sticking with the default layouts for the games I play. Now I've used it too much to unlearn it and use something else.

Rutger

Banned
Why would you put Punch over Kick? That's not how gatlings work, Punch is the weaker attack.

I could kind of understand the reasoning if you also have Slash over Hevy Slash, but then I see H to the right of S.

My ocd will not let me understand this. I'll just stick with the old XX arcade layout, it makes the most sense.

RS4-

I'm gonna roll with arcade default layout, that's what I'm used to playing with. Blows my mind that default (at least from the demo) has P over K.

Nyoro SF

P over K is standard in every fighting game that has punches and kicks in the past two decades minus GG

In before someone brings up some random kusoge that no one cares about as a contrarian example.

While I don't have this game yet (waiting for the US version next week), I do plan to use the arcade layout, just like I do in XX.

K-S-HS
P------D for life, son.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why would you put Punch over Kick? That's not how gatlings work, Punch is the weaker attack.

I could kind of understand the reasoning if you also have Slash over Hevy Slash, but then I see H to the right of S.

My ocd will not let me understand this. I'll just stick with the old XX arcade layout, it makes the most sense.

Gatlings? Psh Ky freaking combos from slash to punch back to slash.

P over K is standard in every fighting game that has punches and kicks in the past two decades minus GG

In before someone brings up some random kusoge that no one cares about as a contrarian example.

Hell naw you didn't just call KoF a kusoge.
Also Type-A in BB.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hell naw you didn't just call KoF a kusoge.
Also Type-A in BB.

Was gonna post this.

I can't do Type-A in BB though. Type makes more sense as a Rachel player, so the Melty layout just feels good for it.
BB doesn't have punches or kicks, they just have light/medium/heavy/drive

KOF one only applies to the classic layout, but people use like 12 different layouts for that game so whatever

I think Xrd arcade allows for several layouts to be chosen. I can't remember what all the types were though.

Zissou

I always go default- conform you fools! (also you can never play in an arcade on the off chance you go to one -_-)

FinKL

I think I'll try out the Arcade style layout when I get a chance, but it's so foreign to me to have K over P. I don't think I've done that in ANY fighting game.
Top/Left button has always been the "weakest" attack button and punch usually fits the bill

Rutger

Banned
I think I'll try out the Arcade style layout when I get a chance, but it's so foreign to me to have K over P. I don't think I've done that in ANY fighting game.
Top/Left button has always been the "weakest" attack button and punch usually fits the bill

Xrd has five different layouts actually.
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Controls_(GGXRD)#Arcade_Layout
Really, you don't need to worry about what layout you use unless you think you may play on an arcade machine one day. Other than the fact that gatlings typically go P > K > S > H, Xrd doesn't have any button combos that will become awkward to press by changing your layout. Go with whatever works for you.

Nyoro SF

I wish this was getting a PC release, feels kind of bad to buy a game for PS3 these days.

It's OK, I'm suffering through PS3 Xrd's horrible fuzziness and load times in the tiny, dim hope of a PC release too.

In the meanwhile I'll be selling my old arcade sticks and getting that new Madcatz PS4 one to prepare for tournaments that will be running the superior PS4 version of the game.

hao chi

Xrd has five different layouts actually.
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Controls_(GGXRD)#Arcade_Layout
Really, you don't need to worry about what layout you use unless you think you may play on an arcade machine one day. Other than the fact that gatlings typically go P > K > S > H, Xrd doesn't have any button combos that will become awkward to press by changing your layout. Go with whatever works for you.

I think I'd have to switch to D if I were to ever play in arcades, and I'd be completely unable to do any combos.

wwm0nkey

I'm so hoping this is real XD

10440642_772490239490016_5849896057922446956_n.jpg

FluxWaveZ

What's a dust loop? I keep trying to search for it, but I'm just getting either stuff related to the website or videos with no context.

Ferrio

Banned
What's a dust loop? I keep trying to search for it, but I'm just getting either stuff related to the website or videos with no context.

Famous sol air combo that revolves around multiple j.ds.

Baiken also had a combo that revolved around them, but not as nearly as much.

Top Bottom