• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

SykoTech

Oof, those sales....

Welp, I'll be doing my part and supporting the Western release next week. Maybe even a double dip when I get a PS4 next year.

FluxWaveZ

consoles are dead in Japan rite?

I wonder if they'll try to recoup with 3DS / Vita / iOS releases.

Vita's the only platform out of those that makes sense. The rest would be some BlazyBloo nonsense.

BBCP did well last year and P4AU did well just this year, so it's not like the PS3 platform is holding the game back.

antibolo

Banned
The Vita version of the Unreal Engine is total garbage so I can't see a Vita port of Xrd ever happening, unfortunately.

Unless they do something crazy like make real sprites and port the game to the BlazBlue engine, which is probably too much work for them to be able to justify the cost.

Onemic

The Vita version of the Unreal Engine is total garbage so I can't see a Vita port of Xrd ever happening, unfortunately.

Unless they do something crazy like make real sprites and port the game to the BlazBlue engine, which is probably too much work for them to be able to justify the cost.

It could, it would just look like utter shit.

Grifter

Any numbers on arcade performance of the year's Arc games?

Didn't know BB had such a strong eco-system. Considering GG's return and overhaul, I was under the impression for the US that its timing cannibalized P4AU and the BB patch. (Is that out now?)

Blazblue is simply more popular now. It has tons of figures, novels, manga and even got a terrible anime (for BBCP release) while Guilty Gear was left for dead.

From what I can tell its this. Arcsys managed to establish a franchise that's popular because of the characters/voice actors/whatever. Getting by on the same thing other moe, licensed character good merchedise spewing fracnhises do.

wwm0nkey

So some people are saying GameStop is selling this early due to no actual street date on it. This would not be first time stuff like this happened.

EDIT: Confirmed.

Coda

Finally have the game. Def the best 1v1 fighting game of the year. Pad from the JPN Limited Box is not bad like people are saying unless it breaks in a week or something. Feels good to bust combos on it though. Very Saturn pad like.

vg260

So what effect does the low sales of Xrd have on a possible new standalone update? That is always a concern with Arcsys fighters. A new standalone with old favorites sooner? More DLC likely? An update less likely/later overall?

Still getting the game somehow, but I'm more likely to Gamefly than purchase (digitally) if they're more likely to push out a new disc update with new characters sooner as a result.

So what effect does the low sales of Xrd have on a possible new standalone update? That is always a concern with Arcsys fighters. A new standalone with old favorites sooner? More DLC likely? An update less likely/later overall?

Still getting the game somehow, but I'm more likely to Gamefly than purchase (digitally) if they're more likely to push out a new disc update with new characters sooner as a result.

I'm not sure. In any event I expect them to hedge their bets on Blazblue if they get into trouble.
I'm hoping for a BBXrd at some point in the future. :p

Coda

10454381_10102446783078982_1468729345313705885_n.jpg

Oh glorious day.

Coda

Did any of you guys had a problem with gamepad like this?
I just found a review from Amazon JP that the gamepad can be broken in just a few hour.

Mine haven't arrive yet but I'm just afraid about this.

PS. Pic from Amazon JP.

The pad hasn't broken on me yet, I've played for about 3 hours now. At this point I'm planning on having my 360 stick dual modded for PS4 so if it breaks, it would be a bummer but I'm finding that I can't play too well anyway with the pad.

Who's the closest to Hazama/Izayoi?

Worst comes to worst I can just pick up sol right?

I-No on the Izayoi front, very similar style of movement and mixup game (when Izayoi is in her transformed mode). The closest analog to Hazama's style of hook dashes is probably Bedman's projectile -> teleport followup, they're very different in terms of overall movement though and that example is probably more Izayoi like in comparison. No one quite screams Hazama to me.

Anyone have any ideas on how the netcode is? Pretty much is going to make or break the game for me.

It's really weird, it can some how brute force a stable connection across continents as long as both players internet connection is good. I've gotten stable 5f delay with Japan while people with shitty internet over here in NA are like fluctuating 4-7f.
So good connections are really good, bad connections are really bad.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hey guys, a friend of mine said this about GGXrd--

The characters clearly do not animate at 60fps. They may translate at 60fps, but they don't update posture at 60fps.

Is this accurate?

Hey guys, a friend of mine said this about GGXrd--

Is this accurate?

The only FGs you can say 'animate' at 60fps without having to go into semantics are the full 3D fighters like Soul Caliber, Tekken, Dead or Alive, etc.

Hand-animated stuff(and Guilty Gear in particular is big on low volume, high movement frames) is never realistically drawn to show 60 unique frames per second, but it is animated to match 60fps timing in this case.

Onemic

That feel when you're stuck at school studying for exams and the only Xrd related thing you can do is watch hours of Ramlethal match vids. Oh well. I already feel like I'm leveling up my game by watching these though. So many setups/combos that I didnt know about, not to mention MU info.

I-No on the Izayoi front, very similar style of movement and mixup game (when Izayoi is in her transformed mode). The closest analog to Hazama's style of hook dashes is probably Bedman's projectile -> teleport followup, they're very different in terms of overall movement though and that example is probably more Izayoi like in comparison. No one quite screams Hazama to me.

Axl would be the closest to Hazama I think. Their way of dealing dmg is exactly the same (zoning with long range normals/specials) and I would assume their core gameplan is as well.

Rhapsody

Banned
Axl would be the closest to Hazama I think. Their way of dealing dmg is exactly the same (zoning with long range normals/specials) and I would assume their core gameplan is as well.

Their gameplan and dealing damage isn't similar actually but completely different.

Oh, what makes them different? I always thought of Hazama as BB's Axl.

One has Dhalsim limb zoning and the other has amazing neutral, movement and mix up?

Who's the closest to Hazama/Izayoi?

Worst comes to worst I can just pick up sol right?

I think I-No or Ramlethal would be a decent fit for you.

I-No's projectiles sort of function similar to Hazama's chains and her flying run doesn't need explanation. She's a better Izayoi with much better neutral.

Ramlethal is more like Mu imo but she has a playstyle that fits well with Hazama players. Her P/K strings are good for pressure, her swords can harass from full screen, she has a command grab and is very oppressive once she sets up.

Top Bottom