• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh, what makes them different? I always thought of Hazama as BB's Axl.

Hazama can't really successfully keep someone out with just chains compared to Axl (unless it's a matchup that calls for it). Hazama's more about using chains for movement/mixups or to get in. I'd say Hazama does well point blank in pressure since he becomes a frame trap monster while Axl wants to remain at a certain distance.

I like using Hazama, but Axl just doesn't work for me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh, what makes them different? I always thought of Hazama as BB's Axl.

Hazama is nothing like Axl

Axl is an actual zoner

Hazama pokes at you then when he hits you he pull himself in and starts rushing your ass down.

Amane is a bit closer to Axl but still pretty different.

Ferrio

Banned
The attention to details is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwzwL6RCjI

Not as near as good as the original sprite work. Lot of moves had easter eggs that you couldn't really appreciate unless you paused the game on a single frame.

One example (which I can't find a picture of) is Axl Low's anti air special had a picture of a japanese diety etched into the explosion effect for like a single frame. Another being I-no was topless for one frame of her standing S. Lots of other hidden stuff here and there that I forget.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ferrio said:
That's intentional though. It's imitating the 2D GG look where there was a low amount animation frames.

Least if I'm understanding what he's trying to say.
The only FGs you can say 'animate' at 60fps without having to go into semantics are the full 3D fighters like Soul Caliber, Tekken, Dead or Alive, etc.

Hand-animated stuff(and Guilty Gear in particular is big on low volume, high movement frames) is never realistically drawn to show 60 unique frames per second, but it is animated to match 60fps timing in this case.
Yes. The game world updates at 60 FPS but the 3D animation is mostly 15 FPS with no frame interpolation, to simulate a traditional anime style.

Thanks guys!

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my stick situation.

I have an arcade cabinet with 2 player setup using Chimp boards from Godlike controls. These run into a PS3 with BB and P4AU on it. I want to just put a PS4 in the cabinet as well and put GGX on it, but of course no stick support because sony sucks.

I could rewire the controls using DS4 boards which would be incredibly painful but should work, though I dont want to break compatibility with my PS3 or spend any more money... I know wired DS4 works for a lot on PS3 but still...Godlike control boards are so fucking great I hate that sony blocked them (and everything else) out on PS4 so much

Prototype

Last GG I played was Isuka, years ago, but I liked it. Is this one much different? It looks really nice, and I'm not feeling Smash at all but getting the itch for a new FG.

Not as near as good as the original sprite work. Lot of moves had easter eggs that you couldn't really appreciate unless you paused the game on a single frame.

One example (which I can't find a picture of) is Axl Low's anti air special had a picture of a japanese diety etched into the explosion effect for like a single frame. Another being I-no was topless for one frame of her standing S. Lots of other hidden stuff here and there that I forget.

I remember to replicate that Axl Low easter egg back in the days of GGX lol.

Last GG I played was Isuka, years ago, but I liked it. Is this one much different? It looks really nice, and I'm not feeling Smash at all but getting the itch for a new FG.

Isuka was very experimental for Guilty Gear, with its weird 4-player combat. This is a traditional 1v1 fighter.

Skilletor

Axl has this move where he goes into a stance and does a bunch of full-screen attacks.

I have only played against a single Axl and don't know how the move works, but it was wrecking me when I played. What am I supposed to do against that? Can he only do a certain number of attacks from it?

The day they went up for preorder. 9/18 according to the email.

I've been on the fence of getting a new stick (I have 4 already) but after getting Xrd early today it is getting harder and harder to resist ordering one. I don't know when it would show up though with the holidays coming up and all.

Volcynika

The pain from an updated version of AH3 being announced right after it came out in the US the same month still hurts.

Yeah, I also remember XSEED being not too happy when Akiba's Trip PS4 was announced and their PS3/Vita release of it was literally like a week or two away.

Squishy3

img_0853pcezd.jpg

thank you for no street date, aksys

Just grabbed mine from Gamestop and doin a few arcade runs. I thought Sin was selectable... I know theres some paid DLC coming but are their any hidden characters to unlock?

Skilletor

I've been on the fence of getting a new stick (I have 4 already) but after getting Xrd early today it is getting harder and harder to resist ordering one. I don't know when it would show up though with the holidays coming up and all.

I've got an addiction. :p

I host a lot at my place and like to have enough sticks for multiple setups available and so that nobody ever has to bring their own if they don't want to.

I'll probably be buying a RAP4 in January. And I have an empty Foehammer custom case I've been debating whether I want to fill or sell.

Just grabbed mine from Gamestop and doin a few arcade runs. I thought Sin was selectable... I know theres some paid DLC coming but are their any hidden characters to unlock?

Sin requires 200k ingame currency points to unlock.

arit

Err... whats the fastest way to do that? Is there any other unlockable chars?

Story mode takes about 30mins with turbo and skipping and gets you 100k. Another 20k for the basic tutorial which should take about 10 minutes. After that it's doing challenges, arcade or MOM.

Besides Sin there are no unlockable characters.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looks like it's all Gamestop locations that broke the street date. Is it weird that I'm tempted to go pick up a U.S. copy? LOL.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Axl has this move where he goes into a stance and does a bunch of full-screen attacks.

I have only played against a single Axl and don't know how the move works, but it was wrecking me when I played. What am I supposed to do against that? Can he only do a certain number of attacks from it?

Go to mission mode. There are vs character stuff there.

Laconic

Banned
Whelp.

Nowhere around me has a sealed copy.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

I'm going to cancel that LE.

And Arcsys can suck a million dicks and die a million deaths before I WAIT to get regular copy.

Arcsys is dead to me.

I shall rejoice when they go under.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Whelp.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

And Arcsys can suck a million dicks and die a million deaths before I WAIT to get regular copy.

Arcsys is dead to me.

You have problems

Nyoro SF

Whelp.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

Arcsys is dead to me.

u wot m8

Eww looks worse than the PDP products. That makes me sad if all pads are like this

Never thought I'd see the day where a product could be worse than PDP...

Jawmuncher

I'm so bad.
Took me like a hour for training mode and the other half near the end I am already blanked on. Feels amazing to finally be playing my PS4 again. Haven't played on this since Infamous Second Son.

Analog stick (Even though I don't use it for this) is already tearing though.
Guess I gotta get a new one.

Laconic

Banned
You have problems

Nah.

I'm just not a placid little flower, accommodating any and all stingers, like, well, anyone who'd be inclined to your bent of mind.

This is utter bullshit nonsense, and a slap in the face to anyone who ordered the LE.

I hope Arcsys goes so far under, bankruptcy won't even save them.

wwm0nkey

Whelp.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

Arcsys is dead to me.

LE isn't in yet...

Also its GS policy to gut copies, not really ASW fault

Skilletor

Whelp.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

Arcsys is dead to me.

lol. Wtf? hahahahahahahahahaha

Go to mission mode. There are vs character stuff there.

Nice! Doing that first thing tonight. :D

Mesoian

Nah.

I'm just not a placid little flower, accommodating any and all stingers, like, well, anyone who'd be inclined to your bent of mind.

This is utter bullshit nonsense, and a slap in the face to anyone who ordered the LE.

I hope Arcsys goes so far under, bankruptcy won't even save them.

ArcSysWorks just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Guilty Gear Xrd for either system, nor will they purchase any of ArcSysWorks' games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ArcSysWorks has alienated an entire market with this move.

ArcSysWorks, publicly apologize and cancel Guilty Gear Xrd for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Whelp.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

Arcsys is dead to me.

Yeah damn acrsys for being responsible for those people being on strike and delaying the special edition!
EDIT
Christ dude you need help.

Top Bottom