• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Laconic

Banned
ArcSysWorks just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Guilty Gear Xrd for either system, nor will they purchase any of ArcSysWorks' games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ArcSysWorks has alienated an entire market with this move.

ArcSysWorks, publicly apologize and cancel Guilty Gear Xrd for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Probably not...

The meme is so tired, and worn out, they probably aimed for their temple, and just grazed it, is all.

But maybe the industry got lucky, and they hit something vital in their body.

Rhapsody

Banned
Whelp.

Nowhere around me has a sealed copy.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

I'm going to cancel that LE.

And Arcsys can suck a million dicks and die a million deaths before I WAIT to get regular copy.

Arcsys is dead to me.

I shall rejoice when they go under.

But... the LE shouldn't even be in stores yet because of the strike, regardless.

Got mine today just as the sales guy at GameStop was about to open the last copy for gutting purposes. Needless to say, I put a stop to that. Now just to wait until my shift ends then I can actually play so yay for me!

Nyoro SF

ArcSysWorks just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Guilty Gear Xrd for either system, nor will they purchase any of ArcSysWorks' games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ArcSysWorks has alienated an entire market with this move.

ArcSysWorks, publicly apologize and cancel Guilty Gear Xrd for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lol. standard tier rewrite, but I accept it

Nah.

I'm just not a placid little flower, accommodating any and all stingers, like, well, anyone who'd be inclined to your bent of mind.

This is utter bullshit nonsense, and a slap in the face to anyone who ordered the LE.

I hope Arcsys goes so far under, bankruptcy won't even save them.

Since the release date of the LE was outside of their control due to a very honest, stated reason... you have problems m8

Elphelt is fun. The boing is real.

My only issue with the boing is that it feels like her breasts change sizes depending on which shot you view her in? It's like they're twice as large during her IK compared to her wedding cake super.

Laconic

Banned
But... the LE shouldn't even be in stores yet because of the strike, regardless.

Perhaps.

But that does not make it any less bullshit that they sent out so few copies, there are none to be had that aren't gutted, other than the ones that were preordered.

So those who preordered the regular edition win out, whilst those went the extra distance and bought the LE, are screwed.

It was badly done, on their part, and has lost them at least one sale.

Given the Japanese sales, perhaps they shall go under.

Maybe I didn't give the Japanese enough credit.

Skilletor

Probably not...

The meme is so tired, and worn out, they probably aimed for their temple, and just grazed it, is all.

But maybe the industry got lucky, and they hit something vital in their body.

It is absolutely hilarious to me that you go from wanting a game to wishing the company bankruptcy just because of another company's policy to gut games and port strikes outside of ArcSys' control delaying the LE.

Absolutely hilarious.

Ferrio

Banned
Perhaps.

But that does not make it any less bullshit that they sent out so few copies, there are none to be had that aren't gutted, other than the ones that were preordered.

So those who preordered the regular edition win out, whilst those went the extra distance and bought the LE, are screwed.

So because an unrelated strike they should go under? That's pretty harsh.

Of course they didn't send a lot of units passed the # of preorders, it's an extremely niche title.

Rutger

Banned
My only issue with the boing is that it feels like her breasts change sizes depending on which shot you view her in? It's like they're twice as large during her IK compared to her wedding cake super.

Haha. I bet that was intentional considering how often it happens in anime.

Rhapsody

Banned
Perhaps.

The game may not be street dated, but there was still a release date of when the game was expected to be available for everyone. Aksys didn't intend for this batch to pretty much cover the amount for everyone. Not all companies ship things out in one go before the date.

GS should only be gutting the last display copy. I do understand that sucks since sometimes they only get enough for preorders and then a few more for non preorders (to avoid too much supply). That shouldn't be a strike on Aksys and ASW though, it's Gamestop that orders the amount.

element

Wow! 20+ pages and only 4 comments about Unreal Engine/UE3.

Seriously some wizards working on this game. It is crazy!

Anyone know of place to pick this up in Canada? EBgames doesn't seem to be getting any unless you order online. I can use online, as my credit card is currently maxed out due to Christmas.

I don't want to rain on your psychotic rant any more than the rest of the thread did but... you realize game companies don't send out bunches of copies and say here you go retailers, sell what we supplied. Retailers order a specific amount based on market predictions, preorders, region, and post launch demand. Simply put, Guilty Gear ain't call of duty.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nah.

I'm just not a placid little flower, accommodating any and all stingers, like, well, anyone who'd be inclined to your bent of mind.

This is utter bullshit nonsense, and a slap in the face to anyone who ordered the LE.

I hope Arcsys goes so far under, bankruptcy won't even save them.

You have problems.

Oh nooooooooo I have to wait an extra week to play a game ooooooooh woe is me this is the worst news ever OMG THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST I HOPE ALL THE EMPLOYES GO STARVE AND CAN'T FEED THEIR FAMILIES BECAUSE I'M IMPATIENT.

Grow up.

TdIsJv2.jpg
I did it!

One thing I don't like is how it seems impossible to do any specials on wake up. Like in the mission mode challenge, it seems if you don't have frame perfect timing it won't come out at all and you will just eat the hit.

All the GameStop near me still haven't got their shipment yet. :(
Mine got exactly one copy. Has stickers all over, but I rather just play the game. I can always get CE later.
Was worried because guy knew about release date, but it worked out in the end.
is that a penis!?!?
Ha ha, blurry box art = penis. That is great. It was dark and I did not want to show sticker since I felt bad for the guy.

Nyoro SF

One thing I don't like is how it seems impossible to do any specials on wake up. Like in the mission mode challenge, it seems if you don't have frame perfect timing it won't come out at all and you will just eat the hit.

I mash like a king and can get a reversal almost every time! DELTA BLADE!

Pause and go to Sample

Dunno why they changed the name, "Demonstration" was much better

Zissou

Whelp.

Nowhere around me has a sealed copy.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

I'm going to cancel that LE.

And Arcsys can suck a million dicks and die a million deaths before I WAIT to get regular copy.

Arcsys is dead to me.

I shall rejoice when they go under.

I can't believe I wasted time arguing with you earlier :(

edit: derp- thought it was FGW

This game is really pretty, like beats Smash Wii U in visuals.
The announcer speaks via controller. The rock OST is also really good.
Playing Sol and he is awesome. Enjoying the game!

Mash that shit out lolol

I mash like a king and can get a reversal almost every time! DELTA BLADE!

Dunno why they changed the name, "Demonstration" was much better

That's never worked for me.

I can inferno divider and wake up fenrir all day in BB but I can't get a single reversal of any kind so far in GG. Usually all I get is a wake up 6C/B if my opponent doesn't immediately punish me (which gets punished afterwards).
I lied, I managed to do it once in the mission mode, but that was after several tries.

The only thing I can point to that's different is the PS4 controller. If GGXrd handles inputs the exact same way that Blazblue does then I think the PS4 controller is the culprit since it's incredibly easy to do inputs on the PS3 one.

Rhapsody

Banned

This is one of my favorite parts of the game. Reversals aren't free anymore for wakeup or out of blockstun. You got to time that stuff and earn it. It's not frame perfect though since I don't think even old GG had 1 frame reversals (might be 2, but someone can correct me).

Makes the game a lot more interesting because of the risk/reward on when you think there's going to be a gap.
I'm hoping this gets people to focus on defense a bit more than mashing DP as a desperate attempt to get out.

Skilletor

This is one of my favorite parts of the game. Reversals aren't free anymore for wakeup or out of blockstun. You got to time that stuff and earn it. It's not frame perfect though since I don't think even old GG had 1 frame reversals (might be 2, but someone can correct me).

Makes the game a lot more interesting because of the risk/reward on when you think there's going to be a gap.
I'm hoping this gets people to focus on defense a bit more than mashing DP as a desperate attempt to get out.

I had a friend comment that inputs seemed much tighter in xrd than persona or blazblue. I said level up your execution up.

I agree with you 100%.

Zissou

I wonder what the actual reveral window is? I'm glad mashing gets you fucked up in this game ^_^

My go-to defensive option is always DAA if I have the meter, but I'm sure I'll start getting blown up for doing it too much, haha.
fak u slayer stop dandy steppin and/or magic teleport dashin thru mah shit >_<

Coda

JPN pad broke on me, was hoping that those other ones breaking was just a fluke. Oh well, just gonna use the PCB for my main stick.

OK, final boss is so cheap!
While there are certain situations the RNG will screw you in, it gets better when you figure out how to avoid her supers effectively.
Fyi if you cant jump over here laser, jump as long as possible and then guard on the way down, the damage you receive will be insignificant.

Onemic

...oh no....

she's not too bad but she is unlike any GG char that you may struggle with learning the game. but if you like her stick with her

Love her so far. Her neutral will take a long time to get used to, but Ive already watched hours worth of high level ram play, so I think I'm beginning to see a pattern of what I should be doing with her in neutral. Combos are difficult, but satisfying.

I don't really see how they're free when you can and will be heavily punished for just throwing them out against skilled players. This is something that happens in BB where you can mash them out. If someone punishes a bunch of your mash DP attempts you're not going to do it again unless you want to get punished because they've learned your habit.

It has affected how I play the game however. I've stopped using DPs outside of certain combos that require it since the timing required to do it successfully is too difficult to perform consistently (more like at all in my case).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
happy I got my copy after work, sucks to hear about the LE being delayed past the (actual) release date, I was actually considering switching my pre-order after playing the demo.

Top Bottom