• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Is there a GAF lobby? This online matchmaking system is incredibly confusing.

Whenever anyone sets one up. Just need to round up the people for it.

Unless someone wants to leave their console on permanently lol.

Or just have a set location and password so that someone can put one up when there isn't one.

This game is really pretty, like beats Smash Wii U in visuals.
The announcer speaks via controller. The rock OST is also really good.
Playing Sol and he is awesome. Enjoying the game!

I can't get the announcer to play through my controller at all. I'm on a U.S. PS4 with a Japanese copy of the game. Maybe the different regions are interfering? Has anyone else had this problem?

FluxWaveZ

Is there a GAF lobby? This online matchmaking system is incredibly confusing.

After spending some more time with it, I'm convinced: they fucked up.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking, but their lobby system is dumb. P4AU's and BBCP's are just straight up superior to the weird amalgamation that is Xrd's. The lobby system in those games is straightforward and fun, what with the easily controllable (and better) avatars and the quick method of going to a cabinet and getting into a match with someone. It's all so accessible and efficient. Then there are completely separate menu options for Ranked matches and Player matches, which is how it should be (and how it kind of is in Xrd, but not quite).

It's a step back, for sure. I do love just how lightning quick you can face someone again in a lobby room after a match is done. That's a good thing.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The lobbies shouldn't be forced on everyone. I'd like the option to just search for a random game and play. Then there's the hassle if you want to play a friend. Needless barriers.

hao chi

After spending some more time with it, I'm convinced: they fucked up.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking, but their lobby system is dumb. P4AU's and BBCP's are just straight up superior to the weird amalgamation that is Xrd's. The lobby system in those games is straightforward and fun, what with the easily controllable (and better) avatars and the quick method of going to a cabinet and getting into a match with someone. It's all so accessible and efficient. Then there are completely separate menu options for Ranked matches and Player matches, which is how it should be (and how it kind of is in Xrd, but not quite).

It's a step back, for sure. I do love just how lightning quick you can face someone again in a lobby room after a match is done. That's a good thing.

I'm not crazy about how non-straightforward the online is, but I love how the actual player lobbies themselves are all multi fight lobbies by default and allow players to view matches. All they had to do was add that to the online setup that BBCP/P4U2 already used, and it would have been perfect (not taking into account any netcode complaints).

The lobbies shouldn't be forced on everyone. I'd like the option to just search for a random game and play. Then there's the hassle if you want to play a friend. Needless barriers.

Yeah, would really like another option for matchmaking. It bugs me, but I can get over it. My biggest problem is that before a match there is no character select. I've heard some people like it, but I don't like having to back out, enter a menu, wait, and then select the character I want to use.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whelp.

Nowhere around me has a sealed copy.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

I'm going to cancel that LE.

And Arcsys can suck a million dicks and die a million deaths before I WAIT to get regular copy.

Arcsys is dead to me.

I shall rejoice when they go under.
tumblr_n9ym2zclpU1sky7ayo1_500.gif

rookiejet

You guys getting the game early, having fun, not worrying about finals, can suck a million dicks. I shall rejoice when you go under.
lol, jk <3 have fun

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My Titan One really needs to get here. I'll be fairly awful either way, but the current controls are messing me up much too hard.

Ah woops randomly disbanded it, and ruined some people's game in progress I guess.

My bad, not used to the interface just yet. You should be just able to hit the go to the message you received and hit accept and it will start the game/put you into the room.

I got no message? :(
NVM, it's right ok it's District A1 New England. I just noticed it says mesage sent not from PS3, my bad. I guess you are playing on PS4 so you can't receive/send invites in the game? Yeah thats something really messed up and needs a fix/work around.

So go there and search for player matches, my room should pop up called "umadnuG"

Volcynika

Ah woops randomly disbanded it, and ruined some people's game in progress I guess.

My bad, not used to the interface just yet. You should be just able to hit the go to the message you received and hit accept and it will start the game/put you into the room.

NVM, it's right ok it's District A1 New England.

I found ya. What do we do now?

I found ya. What do we do now?

Pop open the lobby menu with triangle, I think, and search for player matches, my room should pop up called "umadnuG".

I think that's how you find player lobby/rooms. Then join and it should put you into the match room like the ones in the lobby.

Ah yeah lol I didn't put a password so there will be other random players in here.
Okay, how can I change my lobby settings? It's stuck on I-No, I don't know how to play Ino
You can back out of the match station and open up the character select menu I think. It should be in the menu, I think.

Why don't we make a lobby not in the most popular area. What about district 1A, #04?

Sure fine, we can move here.

And lol Q that's what I said at the top of the page. I just think it should be something common/standard so anyone who reads this thread would know. I wouldn't want it to be super exclusive.

Top Bottom