• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

GGs everyone, thanks for the games. Sorry for being such a scrub and clearly doing a bunch of stuff that never works. I really need to learn to change it up lol, or just figure out what the word adapt means.

Guess I'll be leaving the room up, or whatevs.

Edit: LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that room record. Mesoian managed to rack up 23 Wins but Q isn't far behind with a perfect 16/16 reccord lol.

Volcynika

Posted in the other thread but I think Aksys stepped in and told GameStop to quit selling early. Website page for the game changed and now has its original release date back on there.

Posted in the other thread but I think Aksys stepped in and told GameStop to quit selling early. Website page for the game changed and now has its original release date back on there.

They probably wanted to get the network patch out before the NA release. It's bound to cause a ton of issues online.

By they I mean Arcsys, herp. Seriously the desync issue better be resolved before NA launch date whaver it is.

Onemic

GGs everyone, thanks for the games. Sorry for being such a scrub and clearly doing a bunch of stuff that never works. I really need to learn to change it up lol, or just figure out what the word adapt means.

Edit: LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that room record. Mesoian managed to rack up 23 Wins but Q isn't far behind with a perfect 16/16 reccord lol.

Honestly, just wait for my exams to finish on Sunday so you can have a punching bag to feel good about yourself :p

Good Games to everyone in the lobby, it was fun! I definitely need to practice more. Also I really like your Faust Mesoian, those matches were pretty tense.

hao chi

GG's to everyone I fought.

I really need to stop messing up my 66 236H for Millia's oki after knockdown, especially when I'm on the right.

Mesoian

To be fair, I never fought Qis

Ferrio

Banned
It's why I've always played him haha

Need to find the breaks if any, wish Sin's reversal didn't suck ass.

Right now my biggest problem is just fucking up my gattlings and/or not recognizing hit confirms. Especially with jumpins, hate sin's jump ins :(

Some reason I keep wanting to hit HS in my gattlings and that's a big no no with sin.

Boy this M.O.M stuff is fun @_@

Time to relearn Slayer and this game. I haven't played since...AC back in the day. Man that's what...6 years?

Jarate

Banned
Are there any tutorial videos out on some characters. Never played a GG game, and really like what I have, but Im not very good at figuring out characters

Ah well. Goodbye every other game, welcome endless days of practice. I bought the game off of Japanese PSN Store. Not a complete newbie to the franchise, as I have played some iterations ( albeit years ago ), but I'm so rusty it is like starting from scratch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Me trying to block Ram in the corner.

AM1gKdE.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Are there any tutorial videos out on some characters. Never played a GG game, and really like what I have, but Im not very good at figuring out characters

Built in the game. Play tutorial, then do challenges for the character you're interested in. After that you can look online for more info. Mission mode will teach you general game knowledge too.

Need to find the breaks if any, wish Sin's reversal didn't suck ass.

Right now my biggest problem is just fucking up my gattlings and/or not recognizing hit confirms. Especially with jumpins, hate sin's jump ins :(

Some reason I keep wanting to hit HS in my gattlings and that's a big no no with sin.

jHS should be easier to combo after at least damn it

My biggest problem playing Sin so far is having no idea what to do either on neutral or under pressure. I keep forgetting his DP is not really a good reversal :|

Qvoth

jHS should be easier to combo after at least damn it

My biggest problem playing Sin so far is having no idea what to do either on neutral or under pressure. I keep forgetting his DP is not really a good reversal :|

it's not? seems to come out pretty fast though, and i think you can immediately continue to his rekkas to make it safe?
watched dogura play him a bit last night

I can't say it objectively sucks, and indeed, it comes out fast and can be made safe on block, but I'm having problems actually having it hit people when used as a reversal. Granted, that could just be me and/or the lag but it hasn't left me with a great impression.

PK Gaming

Just got my hands on this game.

As a Yu main, I feel right at home with Ky. I should probably move onto learning real combos, but i'm having to much fun with his IK.

Azure J

Me trying to block Ram in the corner.

AM1gKdE.jpg

Ram's corner pressure is one of the biggest reasons I'm interested in the character. At the same time, I'm also terrified of the times I'll mess around with another character and get put in the corner versus her.

Hell, I'm afraid of the mirror match. :lol

Welp, I think I'm gonna downgrade from the limited edition. Would rather play it a week earlier than have stuff, I guess. All this talk, and the early GS release made me crack lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll have to play you sometime then.

Maybe after finals, too busy :( But don't get me wrong, I don't think she's amazing or anything yet, just decent enough.
Shotgun stuff has some pretty good stuff going for it. Unblockable setup isn't too bad, but not something I'm going revolve my game around just yet.

Kedako's got her frame data all done, so I'm going to have to check out more after having a look.

Memory

Also, I heard that there would be character announcer packs for the game?(IE Sol shouting 'Duel 1!') Anyone have any idea of those?

They are all out already even Leo, the HK price is 17 HK$ each. Bit steep if you want the whole set.

Edit: Im from Uk and imported HK version, 17 HK$ is about £1.50 so the whole set costs about £18, The game itself cost around £35.

Top Bottom