• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Ferrio

Banned
Bought I-no voice pack, not a fan. Can barely hear her most of the time. Not like I can understand what she's saying but I'd like to atleast discern it over the sound.

They are all out already even Leo, the HK price is 17 HK$ each. Bit steep if you want the whole set.

Edit: Im from Uk and imported HK version, 17 HK$ is about £1.50 so the whole set costs about £18, The game itself cost around £35.

Hmm, will they work with the US version? That would mean having to find someone who can buy an HK PSN code...ehhh..

Glad I picked up a copy from gamestop before they stopped selling. Messed around in training for a bit with faust. Did most of his challenges besides a few towards the end. Messed around with Zato for a little as well.

Did it all on the ps4 controller... made everything a lot harder than it should have been. I need to get a stick for ps4 ASAP. Anyone get a ps4 stick yet?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I remember in P4A, you could switch the direction of your aerial attack for cross ups, ala Iori CVS2. I went through the tutorial, but don't remember seeing anything. Is this a thing in GG?

Memory

Hmm, will they work with the US version? That would mean having to find someone who can buy an HK PSN code...ehhh..

Im pretty sure someone in this thread said the dlc was not interchangeable. Only 5 more days until US release anyway so not long to wait.

Playasia sell codes for most countries if you ever need one in the future.

I remember in P4A, you could switch the direction of your aerial attack for cross ups, ala Iori CVS2. I went through the tutorial, but don't remember seeing anything. Is this a thing in GG?

Back turn or whatever is only in P4.

Ugh I am really salty about Elphet's grenade entirely cancelling out gun flame. It just controls so much space simply by sitting there.

any tips on the world tour trophy? i'm sure that i have already beaten a higher ranked person but nothing... maybe is the level? idk... any tips are appreciated

Rhapsody

Banned
There isn't. However, air-dashing past the opponent will auto-correct you. That's the closest thing.
Can you back dash on wake-up or are the back dash i-frames not at the start of the back dash?

Yes, you can reversal backdash. There's just a lot of oki that will end up beating that option.

antibolo

Banned
Did it all on the ps4 controller... made everything a lot harder than it should have been. I need to get a stick for ps4 ASAP. Anyone get a ps4 stick yet?

I bought a HRAP v4, should arrive today. Will post impressions on this thread if there is enough interest.

I won't have the game until Tuesday (I'm buying the NA digital version), but I'll break it in with some PS3 fighters over the weekend.

My previous stick is a first gen MadCatz TE, so I'm looking forward to see how the Hayabusa stick differs from the stock Sanwa.

y2dvd

I spent all night practicing dustloops with Sol. I think it's going to take me a month to get it all the character specifics dustloops down. @_@

I spent all night practicing dustloops with Sol. I think it's going to take me a month to get it all the character specifics dustloops down. @_@

You can plink it with the taunt button to make it easier. If you get the rising j.D out fast then the falling one is easy to do.

hao chi

What game is more accessible for a non ASW games hardcore gamer.
Persona Ultimax or this Guilty Gear?

Ultimax by far. I'm not a fan of Ultimax, but it's definitely the more accessible game.

One nice thing about learning GG is it's less combo heavy. At least for Millia, seems like I need to know way less unique combos than I do for Rise in Ultimax, since once I'm close enough to confirm into Millie's launcher, the following combo is the same or slightly different from my normal BnB.

Other than that, Xrd definitely feels much less accessible. That doesn't mean you can't get into it though. Now would be a good time with all the scrubs online (me included).

Volcynika

Ultimax by far. I'm not a fan of Ultimax, but it's definitely the more accessible game.

One nice thing about learning GG is it's less combo heavy. At least for Millia, seems like I need to know way less unique combos than I do for Rise in Ultimax, since once I'm close enough to confirm into Millie's launcher, the following combo is the same or slightly different from my normal BnB.

Other than that, Xrd definitely feels much less accessible. That doesn't mean you can't get into it though. Now would be a good time with all the scrubs online (me included).

Give me hot Millia tips pls.

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone else bothered by the fact that there's no visual distinction between Jump/Super Jump?

Also, how do I unlock the GGXX tracks again? Or is that DLC?

Rhapsody

Banned
To anyone who plays him, how is Zato? I'm planning on maining him and I would like to know what I am getting in to.

He's a puppet character. If you don't have an arcade stick, he might be a little more difficult.

When you summon the shadow, Eddie, your left/right inputs will always move the shadow. The shadow attacks whenever you release one of your buttons (not press). It can feel weird at first for both of these things, but it'll feel natural.

The shadow has a little meter that drains, and it'll drain faster after each attack it does. If it reaches zero, it takes longer for it to revive. It's better to instead make the shadow disappear which lets the meter recharge faster. If the shadow gets hit, it dies, just like when the meter hits zero, and then you have to wait again.

He's a really fun character with fun tools. You have a command grab, unblockables, great pressure, and even good runaway that can help you lame it out until the shadow is back.

He's a puppet character. If you don't have an arcade stick, he might be a little more difficult.

When you summon the shadow, Eddie, your left/right inputs will always move the shadow. The shadow attacks whenever you release one of your buttons (not press). It can feel weird at first for both of these things, but it'll feel natural.

The shadow has a little meter that drains, and it'll drain faster after each attack it does. If it reaches zero, it takes longer for it to revive. It's better to instead make the shadow disappear which lets the meter recharge faster. If the shadow gets hit, it dies, just like when the meter hits zero, and then you have to wait again.

He's a really fun character with fun tools. You have a command grab, unblockables, great pressure, and even good runaway that can help you lame it out until the shadow is back.
Thanks for the info, it sounds like i'll enjoy playing as him.

HardRojo

no your not if it's a ground attack, you cannot block ground attacks in the air unless you FD

Yeah, based on the DL wiki there's a jump startup window where you can't block. Seems to be 3 frames for most characters, and is 4-5 for some.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Movement_(GGXRD)#Air_Movement
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=System_Data_(GGXRD)

Ah Ok I get it. You gotta FD while on their to block grounded attacks. I didn't know, that's why I kept getting hit.
Gonna give that guide a good read when I get some time later today.

Jawmuncher

So sin cost 200,000

Will I have that amount basically after doing everyone's arcade?
If not what is the quickest way for credits?

Naite

any tips on the world tour trophy? i'm sure that i have already beaten a higher ranked person but nothing... maybe is the level? idk... any tips are appreciated

I swear that trophy is bugged or something is wrong with the description. I've beaten people who were both higher level and higher ranked than me and nothing happens.

So sin cost 200,000

Will I have that amount basically after doing everyone's arcade?
If not what is the quickest way for credits?

Completing story mode gets the most reward. Doing challenge mode stuff nets a couple thousand as well. Haven't really played arcade mode but M.o.m mode also gets a lot of credits too.

Ferrio

Banned
Was making my way through story mode, wasn't until second chapter I realize you can bring up a glossary during conversations when yellow words are presented.

I should read what the hell happened in overture.

edit: I really hope the US community takes to this game, I doubt it... but it'd be a nice thought.

hao chi

Give me hot Millia tips pls.

I don't feel I'm anywhere near good enough to give anyone Millia tips beyond really basic stuff that you probably already know.

Though if you have Skype, I could add you to the Millia chat. That's a good way of getting your questions answered quickly by people who know what they're doing better than I do.

Volcynika

I don't feel I'm anywhere near good enough to give anyone Millia tips beyond really basic stuff that you probably already know.

Though if you have Skype, I could add you to the Millia chat. That's a good way of getting your questions answered quickly by people who know what they're doing better than I do.

I don't even know the basics! :p

Also is that bubble attack useful ever? Because I can't see how.

Jawmuncher

I swear that trophy is bugged or something is wrong with the description. I've beaten people who were both higher level and higher ranked than me and nothing happens.

Completing story mode gets the most reward. Doing challenge mode stuff nets a couple thousand as well. Haven't really played arcade mode but M.o.m mode also gets a lot of credits too.

Story gives you like 100K so be sure to watch that.

Thanks for the input you two.
Looks like I should be fine then by the time I add it all up.

Top Bottom