• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

I swear that trophy is bugged or something is wrong with the description. I've beaten people who were both higher level and higher ranked than me and nothing happens.

yea, something is wrong about it. I beated 3 people higher rank and level than me and nothing. Hopefully we get a clearer description

hao chi

I don't even know the basics! :p

Also is that bubble attack useful ever? Because I can't see how.

I'd start with this then. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9856-xrd-millia-combo-discovery-thread/

The first combo posted for her is incredibly important and isn't nearly as hard to learn as it may seem at first glance.

The combo starts with 2H, but you can confirm into it off of quite a few things, like:

5Sc (close slash) > 2H

2K > 5Sc (1 hit) > 2H

5S > 5H > RC > 66 > 5C > 2H (you can also start this combo with 6K)

Throw > RC > 66 2H

Secret Garden (the bubble attack) is one way of the moves Millia can use for oki (the other being 236H), and can also occasionally be used when your opponent gives you too much space and they don't have the speed/long range tools to punish you. You can change the direction the orb travels by pressing any direction + H, and you can do this four times. It has to be done pretty quickly though.

Rhapsody

Banned

Yeah, it's pretty good at the right spots. After something like midscreen roll > HS followup and it lands, you can do the bubble to slowly zig zag forward. Helps control space and make them move backwards.

If you know her corner combos, you can do her hair pin during the j.HS into 6HS and special cancel it into the bubble. You can input the buttons to make it go up and down multiple times forcing them to block for a very long time.

Grifter

was moving around the cast with a GG buddy the other day and i ended up stuck to millia for a while cuz she was really fun, and it gave me time to slowly remember the stuff i worked on back in XX and those basics worked well in Xrd.

- going back-to-basics, my main goal was getting knockdown > bubble and steer it so it goes back-and-forth on them as they wake up. that locks them down into your basic mixup which is...

- 6K/hair car, then you can work to tack on real damage off those moves and add other mixup elements like tk.bad moon.

- don't underestimate the double air dash - takes you full screen in a hurry and lets you snipe at a good distance with j.D

- maybe she has more of a go-to AA now but the old 6P > 2H still works great and set up the same combos (wonder if hairpin relaunch still works)

- aim your combos so they end up above you and you finish with j.H which carries them into a knockdown to set up your next mixup.

btw, if they can't hit you quickly at full screen, i'd bubble and wiggle it towards them in mixed ways so I can run behind it.

Volcynika

Wow, I have a good bit of reading to do after work then, so I appreciate the replies. The bubble attack always confused me because I could never figure out how to control it correctly. Guess I can practice it in training mode.

hao chi

Wow, I have a good bit of reading to do after work then, so I appreciate the replies. The bubble attack always confused me because I could never figure out how to control it correctly. Guess I can practice it in training mode.

Yeah, I need to improve at using Secret Garden as well. You have to do the inputs so quickly that I usually just spam it in the general direction I want it to go, but making it move back and forth is tough for me.

Volcynika

Yeah, I need to improve at using Secret Garden as well. You have to do the inputs so quickly that I usually just spam it in the general direction I want it to go, but making it move back and forth is tough for me.

I considered it a victory when I moved it right and then down (rather than just right and it disappears)! Back and forth seems like I'll have to get a feel for the timing on the inputs.

Grifter

from my quick session, it felt like they vastly eased up on the bubble's timing, no? before, i felt i needed to get all 4 inputs out in what felt like a ~35f window.

hao chi

from my quick session, it felt like they vastly eased up on its timing, no? before, i felt i needed to get all 4 inputs out in what felt like a ~35f window.

I didn't play a ton of the XX games, so I can't really compare them. I just know that me making Secret Garden move: 1 > 6 > 4 > 6 for Challenge Mode isn't likely to happen any time soon.

I bought a HRAP v4, should arrive today. Will post impressions on this thread if there is enough interest.

I won't have the game until Tuesday (I'm buying the NA digital version), but I'll break it in with some PS3 fighters over the weekend.

My previous stick is a first gen MadCatz TE, so I'm looking forward to see how the Hayabusa stick differs from the stock Sanwa.

Yeah I am torn between the HRAP v4 and the GGXrd TE2. Im leaning towards the TE2 because of pricing and availability at the moment. I own a launch TE, SFxT VS and Pro, and a UMVC HRAP 3. Wish I could use at least one of them :(

Leunam

That one challenge with Sol really burned my toast last night. The one with the air dash that ends with a sweep into Bandit Revolver. Just could not get BR to connect. Finally did it after a while but it only further emphasized my need for a stick. D:

from my quick session, it felt like they vastly eased up on the bubble's timing, no? before, i felt i needed to get all 4 inputs out in what felt like a ~35f window.

Timing feels a little more lenient all around compared to AC. Things felt easier to execute even when I was using the PS4 pad. Maybe I'm crazy, who knows.

That one challenge with Sol really burned my toast last night. The one with the air dash that ends with a sweep into Bandit Revolver. Just could not get BR to connect. Finally did it after a while but it only further emphasized my need for a stick. D:

Doing Faust's challenge no.31 on PS4 pad last night was more work than it should have been. Trying to get FD canceling down consistently on a controller is not fun.

Coda

Yeah I can't play this game for shit on the DS4. Just shipped out my stick to get it modded for PS4 so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to actually play this game for real.

Is it one of the early ones thats airdash j.S>j.HS>5K(1hit)>2D>236K

At least for that challenege the 5K has to be one hit otherwise the opponent will get knocked too far back for the startup of bandit revolver to connect after dust/sweep. It's pretty much just a matter of how quickly you can press the buttons.

I also like how everyone is trying to discuss things in depth about their characters, but all I can think is that I just want to press some buttons.

That's why I went with the PS3 version since I just bought a second stick earlier in the year. After the demo I knew I had to stick with it.

Grifter

I didn't play a ton of the XX games, so I can't really compare them. I just know that me making Secret Garden move: 1 > 6 > 4 > 6 for Challenge Mode isn't likely to happen any time soon.
FWIW, it was one of those janky rhythmic things that's hard at first and then you get it down. This bubble talk is reminding me how satisfying it is have it pinning someone down as you're dashing in. Getting that Millia itch!
Timing feels a little more lenient all around compared to AC. Things felt easier to execute even when I was using the PS4 pad. Maybe I'm crazy, who knows.
In general, I feel the same way, except I never felt to doubt the ability to do reversals before this version.

The End

Absolutely loving this game so far. It's easily as gorgeous as it looks in trailers/screenshots and plays exactly like a proper sequel to GGX2 should.

That being said, the one thing that takes it from a 10->9 for me is that it overscans like crazy on my TV and cuts off the very top of the screen on all of the menu screens. You can adjust gauge position during matches, so nothing is lost there, but its just annoying, and there's no option to adjust the actual safe zone like some PS4 games have. This is the only PS4 game that does this for me.

Leunam

Is it one of the early ones thats airdash j.S>j.HS>5K(1hit)>2D>236K

At least for that challenege the 5K has to be one hit otherwise the opponent will get knocked too far back for the startup of bandit revolver to connect after dust/sweep. It's pretty much just a matter of how quickly you can press the buttons.

I also like how everyone is trying to discuss things in depth about their characters, but all I can think is that I just want to press some buttons.

Nah that wasn't my problem.

The issue was twofold. First was the right angle and height for the j.S after the dash then making sure the follow-up j.HS was two hit. Without those then the dummy was out of my reach. But yeah, if I got two hits from the neutral kick then the combo was dropped.

I too just want to press some buttons right now. :D

Absolutely loving this game so far. It's easily as gorgeous as it looks in trailers/screenshots and plays exactly like a proper sequel to GGX2 should.

That being said, the one thing that takes it from a 10->9 for me is that it overscans like crazy on my TV and cuts off the very top of the screen on all of the menu screens. You can adjust gauge position during matches, so nothing is lost there, but its just annoying, and there's no option to adjust the actual safe zone like some PS4 games have. This is the only PS4 game that does this for me.
I had the same issue until I change 16:9 Ratio to Just Scan.

Nah that wasn't my problem.

The issue was twofold. First was the right angle and height for the j.S after the dash then making sure the follow-up j.HS was two hit.

Ah that timing seems to be pretty loose to me, the only problem is connecting the 5K since it's a link.

I think you just have to hit j.S at the same time as you airdash and it should be a lot easier.

hao chi

FWIW, it was one of those janky rhythmic things that's hard at first and then you get it down. This bubble talk is reminding me how satisfying it is have it pinning someone down as you're dashing in. Getting that Millia itch!

That's good to hear. The window to do all the inputs feels so small that I spaz out trying to go as fast as possible. Maybe I should slow down a bit? I'll mess with it some more later.

The End

Guys, free Christmas skin pack DLC is happening :D

five%20months.jpg

antibolo

Banned
Yeah I am torn between the HRAP v4 and the GGXrd TE2. Im leaning towards the TE2 because of pricing and availability at the moment. I own a launch TE, SFxT VS and Pro, and a UMVC HRAP 3. Wish I could use at least one of them :(

I'm in Canada so the HRAP v4 was the cheapest and easiest option for me (amazon.ca had it in stock for $161 with free shipping, whereas MadCatz would most likely require ordering from the US and paying through the nose in shipping and export charges).

BTW it just arrived this morning, can't wait to finish work and bring it home.

FluxWaveZ

I remember with P4AU, it was easy to find NA players online before the game launched in NA, but now all I'm seeing are Japanese players, even in the lobbies specifically delegated to the NA region.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's still jarring to me to see Ky actually do damage normally without a hyper jacked up guard bar

I remember with P4AU, it was easy to find NA players online before the game launched in NA, but now all I'm seeing are Japanese players, even in the lobbies specifically delegated to the NA region.
Haven't had this problem at all, I've been playing past 5pm though.

Is the US release delayed a week? I got an email from Amazon concerning my preorder and now it says it ships on the 23rd (my birthday). It would be an awesome present and one week isn't that bad of a wait.

Did anyone else get an email about their preorder? Sorry if this is old news.

K.Sabot

It's still jarring to me to see Ky actually do damage normally without a hyper jacked up guard bar

Everyone seems like they do hype damage with guts this strong, pretty ingenious and frustrating change for me. It's like the first 75% of the health bar is actually 30% of the health bar.

antibolo

Banned
Is the US release delayed a week? I got an email from Amazon concerning my preorder and now it says it ships on the 23rd (my birthday). It would be an awesome present and one week isn't that bad of a wait.

Did anyone else get an email about their preorder? Sorry if this is old news.

The LE was delayed one week.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Everyone seems like they do hype damage with guts this strong, pretty ingenious and frustrating change for me. It's like the first 75% of the health bar is actually 30% of the health bar.

Well that's fairly normal in ArcSys games. Ky's damage was just typically that shit before.

Top Bottom