• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

FluxWaveZ

Haven't had this problem at all, I've been playing past 5pm though.

I guess it might be the time I'm available to play at, because that's always what I'm experiencing. Ranked match? "Failed to connect" or "The match has been cancelled." Player room above 1 connection? "Could not find a room..." A lobby? "Failed to obtain room information", "Host is not responding" or there are only Japanese players.

Seriously frustrating. All I want to do is play so I can improve. Seriously putting me off playing Xrd; I hope there's a lot more activity when it's actually out in NA.

Ferrio

Banned
I guess it might be the time I'm available to play at, because that's always what I'm experiencing. Ranked match? "Failed to connect" or "The match has been cancelled." Player room above 1 connection? "Could not find a room..." A lobby? "Failed to obtain room information", "Host is not responding" or there are only Japanese players.

Seriously frustrating. All I want to do is play so I can improve. Seriously putting me off playing Xrd; I hope there's a lot more activity when it's actually out in NA.

I haven't experienced any of that.

But ya you're going to hit a lot of japanese players when doing ranked right now.

Kimosabae

Banned
BTW fuck this move

175px-GGXRD_Ky_6H.png

What specifically are you having trouble with regarding it?

Just don't press buttons and tech the throw!

Oh wait.

xezuru

I went in gamestop today, they said street date was down but games weren't in yet. I preordered PS3 Limited Edition, here's to hoping port isn't shit. Atleast i'll have some sweet tracks and a silly keychain to soften the blow.

Anbec7

So I'm trying to listen the new themes, does someone know if they're in youtube? or someone could record them?
I know the new characters should have new music, any other new arrangements?

The End

If you google Guilty Gear Xrd Fan OST it's available in a few places.

The quality isn't great and it's missing a few tracks, but it'll do until the real OST is released in a few weeks.

Anbec7

If you google Guilty Gear Xrd Fan OST it's available in a few places.

The quality isn't great and it's missing a few tracks, but it'll do until the real OST is released in a few weeks.

I did that but.. can't find the new tracks, it's enough even if I hear the themes in training but can't find it anywhere ):

Rhapsody

Banned
That's vague.

Ky still gets good damage/wake up options off throw with meter. The pressure after 6H comes after establishing the throw.

Ky players will know when to sneak in 6HS outside of throws, it's not just on oki. It's a good move to throw out on anyone that gets pretty scared of his frame traps, and then it's free turn/advantage for Ky.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's vague.

Ky still gets good damage/wake up options off throw with meter. The pressure after 6H comes after establishing the throw.

You can score a knockdown in like a million ways outside of a throw with Ky

Plus Ky can use it as a mid screen poke vs a lot of the cast

Rhapsody

Banned

I still can't believe how many places they let you combo into 236D for Ky into knockdown.
Even if he's too far, he still gets 236K enders lol

Edit: Also loving f.S > 3HS stuff for him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I still can't believe how many places they let you combo into 236D for Ky into knockdown.
Even if he's too far, he still gets 236K enders lol

Edit: Also loving f.S > 3HS stuff for him.

Yup! Like I said he looked super boring at first, but once people starting optimizing him he looked fun again and he is :D

Kimosabae

Banned
Ky players will know when to sneak in 6HS outside of throws, it's not just on oki. It's a good move to throw out on anyone that gets pretty scared of his frame traps, and then it's free turn/advantage for Ky.

I know that. It still requires conditioning the average player to block it if you're going to do it outside oki.

And? The threat of his throw is still important to his game.

Of course you can, but that's not its primary use as a tool. Your anticipation in neutral has to be godlike to land it consistently during footsies.

Does recovery suck in this game or I'm not mashing hard enough? Because I'm eating a lot of invalid combos.

I alternate between p and k when I mash to air reset, but it's not like bb or p4a where you just hold the button, so it may be you gotta mash harder. Don't think you can do it on ground knockdowns

In the older games i just piano'd P, K and S which worked really well but if you try that in Xrd you'll get accidental YRCs. Once I get more familiar with the match up I can go back to piano'ing the three buttons at certain points instead of mashing randomly hoping they would drop the combo.

Kimosabae

Banned
Really? I was misinformed then, or had it backwards. I remember Ryan Hunter telling me to test my combos on neutral tech, but maybe I misunderstood.

Astral

Does recovery suck in this game or I'm not mashing hard enough? Because I'm eating a lot of invalid combos.

Why do some fighters do this? Mashing to recover feels awful and it's a pain in the ass. It honestly took out some of my enjoyment from the demo. I could never recover on the ground. It pissed me off in Blazblue because I would accidentally mash out an attack and get countered. I was so relieved when they changed it to holding down a button for CP. I'm surprised it isn't like that here.

Ferrio

Banned
Why do some fighters do this? Mashing to recover feels awful and it's a pain in the ass. It honestly took out some of my enjoyment from the demo. I could never recover on the ground. It pissed me off in Blazblue because I would accidentally mash out an attack and get countered. I was so relieved when they changed it to holding down a button for CP. I'm surprised it isn't like that here.

There is no ground recovery.

3Kaze

Indeed, that change was very welcome in CP. Except when it led me to Kokonoe's black hole everytime :p
And yeah it's easier with side techs but I'm still having a hard time. Gotta get used to it I guess.

I don't mind pressing buttons to tech mid combo(BBCP's and P4U's holding down a button is still the best) but I really hate mashing and wiggling the stick for staggers, ice, etc. I get so lazy sometimes that I just let them have the free combo lol
Some of them are pretty tight to mash out of too.

Baust

So M.O.M. Mode, I'm not really sure I'm understanding it.

Is there a penalty to dying in it? At first, I thought it was like a survival mode, but it looks like you can continue where you left off.

Also, how do you get keys? Are they usually random drops?

Astral

I don't mind pressing buttons to tech mid combo(BBCP's and P4U's holding down a button is still the best) but I really hate mashing and wiggling the stick for staggers, ice, etc. I get so lazy sometimes that I just let them have the free combo lol
Some of them are pretty tight to mash out of too.

I never got past the mashing to escape the dazed state in the tutorial lol. I didn't think it mattered though since it seems you have to get your ass kicked pretty severely to even get into it.

Haha yea if I get dizzied I don't bother.
Staggers happen a lot in actual fights though.
Like Ino's slash SBT? That move barely gives you enough time to mash out.

Naite

So M.O.M. Mode, I'm not really sure I'm understanding it.

Is there a penalty to dying in it? At first, I thought it was like a survival mode, but it looks like you can continue where you left off.

Also, how do you get keys? Are they usually random drops?

Yea I don't think there's any negatives for losing. You just keep fighting and fighting while getting more loot and filling the grid up. Doesn't seem quite as fun as Abyss mode or survival modes from the old GGXX games.

Getting keys and rewards seem pretty random. You can also get keys easily by playing online matches.

I do, free IK if not. Had a May try to pull that bullshit on me the other day. Man I miss May from GGX2, 6P all day until dizzy, then IK.

That's part of the mind game! "Oh I dizzied him, he'll mash out in time before I can activate and IK him. I'll just go do a combo" That's what happens to me in my matches anyways haha.

Top Bottom