• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Grifter

I guess the game only gives you guilty bucks once for vs mode and training? That's all I play and was hoping it'd earn enough for Sin.

I do, free IK if not. Had a May try to pull that bullshit on me the other day. Man I miss May from GGX2, 6P all day until dizzy, then IK.

Bite loop > dizzy > RC > activate.

Just got me this game from a local Gamestop. It was the only copy they had...whew~

It feels good to play a new GG after all this time. I've got a question for you folks, though:

Have any of you experienced the sound desyncing? After playing for an extended period, my sound desyncs.

Hubb

Heads up for whoever didn't get it early from Gamestop
sorry if I am late to this
, BestBuy just shipped my preorder.

Gears

Just got the game early today, me and my friend got the last copies for ps3 and 4. How do I go about getting the dlc character?
Infamousscott14 if anyone wants to get bodied by my dualshock skills

GGs, Q. Those games hearkened back to the days where I'd play the XX series with my group of friends for hours on end. I was better back then, I assure you.

In any case, GGs. Hope the connection was up to snuff.

OceanBlue

Messing around with Ramlethal as my first GG character. She's pretty cheap in the corner lmao. I need to learn how to extend her pressure though and play neutral with her. As well as all of the other GG stuff I don't know lol.

Papstr

Neo Member
Wow, thinking about it, if you clash danger time a dp, the person is just screwed. Just the mash special in danger time did close half life, I'm guessing people already have kill combos in danger time?

You can cancel clashes into FD if I remember right. So if you clash with a DP or something and it triggers, you can always just FD and block if you suspect they might just do another DP.

Speaking of, last night I clashed Sin's Ride the Lightning in the air with j.D and triggered danger time. We both kinda giggled over it then sighed. I really don't like DT.

I think my internet issues was because I was in MOM mode and that connects online it seems.

I just bought Sin. Seems the quickest way is mashing through the cutscenes in story mode to get half as much you need to get him then knock out as many character trials as you can.

Most probably know this but as far as maybe potential dlc (story spoilers):
Johnny and Dizzy feature in the story mode. Johnny quite a lot, too.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Q. That's a good spot to end anyways, got to eat dinner and then study some more.

Nice Greed Severs over a whiffed drill. I need to remember that I'm vulnerable there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs, Q. That's a good spot to end anyways, got to eat dinner and then study some more.

Nice Greed Severs over a whiffed drill. I need to remember that I'm vulnerable there.

Dont forget to YRC them from time to time to make them safe

Kay, I give up. Online in this game is trash for me. Haven't had a single game below 9 frames of delay.
Rhap and I were just playing and dipping all the way down to 2 frames at times :D Probably need to check your connection or try to find people that are closer on dustloop or something :x

I was flipping through the manual and noticed that there was a GG game named Vastedge.

Doing a quick google, it led me to discover that apparently a Pachinko game is canon. Goddamit ArcSys...

FluxWaveZ

Game likes to say I have a 4 bar connection with Japanese players. Also, sometimes when I enter a Ranked Match, my actual PSN name will change for the duration of that match in the UI, for some reason. Guess things are still weird.

Rhapsody

Banned
Dont forget to YRC them from time to time to make them safe

Rhap and I were just playing and dipping all the way down to 2 frames at times :D Probably need to check your connection or try to find people that are closer on dustloop or something :x

I have to PRC any whiffed ones. YRC doesn't overlap with even the first active frame iirc.

I guess I can YRC before that still, if I can recognize you're out of the way in time.

Edit: I'll have to start labbing with Elphelt again. Been too difficult to ignore the veteran characters lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Was doing Bedman's story mode, Boss Ramathal moved into the corner and did 4 giant beams in a row. Some bullshit.

Holy shit, that was literally me about an hour ago. God I was getting frustrated.

I'm like: "What the fuck possessed me to pick this character?".

And I-No was going HAM.

I JUST WANNA PLAY SIN
WITHOUT PAYING MONIES

Papstr

Neo Member
I like Bedman though. He seems interesting, but has a LOT of limitations.

He's super cool and I like him a lot so far. I usually stick with safer designed characters (I play Sol) so trying Bedman as well is definitely letting me have a new perspective because of how unusual he is. The only thing I dislike about him is pressing 8 after a jump to air stall. I feel like it should be down or just a quick press sorta like KOF. Half the time I try to do it and then go in a direction I just end up Air Movementing up and feeling silly.

Ok yeah having 4-5 frame delay in the same city seems like a bit much.

Also god damn, someone tell me how to git gud with movement on an arcade stick. My inputs for dashing and everything else are just absolutely horrendous.

Wait, can you not queue up for online matches while you're in training mode?
Ranked only yes. It's enlist or register or whatever, one of the options when starting up a ranked match.

Mesoian

Ok yeah having 4-5 frame delay in the same city seems like a bit much.

Also god damn, someone tell me how to git gud with movement on an arcade stick. My inputs for dashing and everything else are just absolutely horrendous.

Ranked only yes. It's enlist or register or whatever, one of the options when starting up a ranked match.

I don't...see that option

Top Bottom