• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

I imagine they wanted the lobby to be the front end for everything related to netplay.

However I am just not sure what the benefits of forcing people into lobbies are at the moment.

FluxWaveZ

I imagine they wanted the lobby to be the front end for everything related to netplay.

However I am just not sure what the benefits of forcing people into lobbies are at the moment.

There is none, especially when the lobbies are subpar and not even "lobbies" really, but more like a hub that connects to everything else.

Went against a Chipp for the first time. Had no idea what was going on half of the time, heh.

Sayad

Your biggest problem is you're playing Millia like a normal character(and you're actually somehow making it work that first round ;p), if you were using Ky or Sol you would have done much better. Millia is a "by the book" character, if you don't play her set-play heavy game, she's really, really bad. Few Millia essentials that could help you:

Ground hit confirms:
Run>2K>2S>HS>2D
Run>S>HS>2D
Every successful 2D should be converted into HS Tandem Top setup by canceling 2D into 214K which give you enough time to setup HS Tandem Top.

For your air dash offense, try air dashing closer to the ground to make it easier to confirm, don't use JHS, JS is fine, but the easiest confirm is JK>JS:
Air Dash>JK>JS>S>HS>2D>214K> HS Tandem Top setup

Your strongest air tool though is the hair pin, learn to air dash after using it to confirm/continue pressure, the timing is a bit tricky in this version but you can always YRC after hair pin to make it easier.

For air to air use JK into JP spam(or just JP spam), if you catch anything, you can confirm from JP into JHS for a knockdown > Tandem Top set up. Millia is way better in the air than she is on the ground.

Generally, your movements isn't bad, you're making good use of her mobility, try to implement Turbo Fall(j.236k) into your air mobility and don't use Bad Moon much(if at all) outside TK Bad Moon overhead.

Tandem Top is her most important tool, learn the mix-ups after setting up TT and how to confirm into a combo that end up with another TT setup.

Sayad

There is none, especially when the lobbies are subpar and not even "lobbies" really, but more like a hub that connects to everything else.

Went against a Chipp for the first time. Had no idea what was going on half of the time, heh.
Fucking hate Chipp, he's basically the El Fuerte of this game and a bad match-up for Millia by design. ;__;

xezuru

Do free PS+ DLC/addons stay forever unlike games? I might actually use my PS+ trial to get those skins cause fk it.
Also is it region locked?

Mesoian

Man, never fails.

A guilty gear game comes out. Sol is RIDICULOUS because of protagonist power.

Who's bright idea was it to give Sol a sub 2 frame jab?

Papstr

Neo Member
Man, never fails.

Eh, Sol's 5K has been 3 frames since at least the Accent Core days. Probably way earlier than that.

Sayad

Man, never fails.

Yep, his damage is ridiculous too and his combos, outside of dust loops are really easy. Even while converting from a 5K, mid screen, without dash momentum, he can still dish out 200 plus damage.

BlazeVoi

Banned
Dont have the game yet, but I do have a question(s):

1. Is netcode like sf4(superb)? Or closer to ac online (holy shit)

2. Are there EX versions like in all previous games?

3. Does Sol still have his [hcf + hs, then bf dust] overdrive?

Papstr

Neo Member
Dont have the game yet, but I do have a question(s):

1. Is netcode like sf4(superb)? Or closer to ac online (holy shit)

2. Are there EX versions like in all previous games?

3. Does Sol still have his [hcf + hs, then bf dust] overdrive?

1. Based off what I played, its pretty bad. Hopefully a patch comes.

2. No

3. No

Grifter

I'm playing with fader right now, thanks though.

Edit: and I got bopped haha. Thanks for the games fader, sorry if I wasn't much of a challenge.

Err... that was me. GGs. Was the best connection I've had actually, even better than my friend in town.

Liked how you were using Chipp's different air moves!

Papstr

Neo Member
Wow, that is shocking! They took out one of my favs :/

Sucks about netcode. Was planning on playing est vs my bro in cst :(....

Considering how ridiculously rewarding the move itself already is in this game, the overdrive follow up on it isn't really missed.

Riou

Err... that was me. GGs. Was the best connection I've had actually, even better than my friend in town.

Liked how you were using Chipp's different air moves!

Oh cool. I'm glad that our connection is pretty good. Hopefully it gets better with a patch. I was trying different ways to get in but I still got anti aired quite a bit.

How does everyone feel about the Nicovideo-esque comments people can use during matches in lobbies? I think it's a cool idea, but it's a little distracting seeing dudes comment on my play in the middle of a match.

Busaiku

How does everyone feel about the Nicovideo-esque comments people can use during matches in lobbies? I think it's a cool idea, but it's a little distracting seeing dudes comment on my play in the middle of a match.

Wait, it interrupts your games?
Really?

Who thought that was a good idea?
I assumed that was something only spectators saw.

Papstr

Neo Member

The one time someone was actually using it, the text seemed dark/transparent enough that I barely noticed it. Though the guy did tell me to dragon install and I happily obliged him. I can imagine it getting sort of annoying if you have 2-3 people all commenting at once.

Papstr

Neo Member
On counter hit its pretty much guranteed corner carry+combo isnt it? Regular will get me pretty close.

Unless Sol's back is to the corner, then yea, CH fafnir sends them tumbling to the other side of the universe. Heck, even regular gets you close enough from almost anywhere midscreen.

Silent_Z

Wow, that is shocking! They took out one of my favs :/

Sucks about netcode. Was planning on playing est vs my bro in cst :(....

Fafnir's back to old status for cancels but there's still good damage off f.S-5HS. Just need to do RC combos; the RC time slow lets you land a Bandit Bringer combo(higher damage, more spacing dependent route) or dash c.S-5HS-Grand Viper.

Uraizen

Banned
So... I noticed in the game options that you have the option to upload save data. Anybody know if I can upload my PS3 save data and download that save data to my PS4 once it arrives via the same menu?

Rhapsody

Banned
It sucks, I'm having fun with Potemkin but also sad how much I've lost from AC. :(

Literally everything was better than what he has here (except 6K isn't a straight up buff or nerf).

Naite

So... I noticed in the game options that you have the option to upload save data. Anybody know if I can upload my PS3 save data and download that save data to my PS4 once it arrives via the same menu?

Yep I believe that was mentioned in a translation somewhere before the game came out.

After a few minutes figuring out lobbies I played a friend on PS3 while I was on PS4. It was fine and playable.

How do you make private rooms, though? When you hit triangle you can adjust it, but we couldn't enter each others rooms unless you make one with the x button and those you can't adjust. We'd be fine until people entered the room and the connection when to downhill.

hao chi

After a few minutes figuring out lobbies I played a friend on PS3 while I was on PS4. It was fine and playable.

How do you make private rooms, though? When you hit triangle you can adjust it, but we couldn't enter each others rooms unless you make one with the x button and those you can't adjust. We'd be fine until people entered the room and the connection when to downhill.

When you're making the room you can set all the open slots to invite only.

Rhapsody

Banned

PS4 version is... weird. I don't own it, but it's very confusing since the menu is different. On PS3 I'm able to invite people (PS3 people). We couldn't figure it out on PS4, so the best we did when he made lobbies was to make a lobby with a password and then I did a search for it.

Naite

Some of these missions in mission mode are pretty aggravating, and most of it has to do with the amount of control they give you.

Top Bottom