• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Volcynika

Your biggest problem is you're playing Millia like a normal character(and you're actually somehow making it work that first round ;p), if you were using Ky or Sol you would have done much better. Millia is a "by the book" character, if you don't play her set-play heavy game, she's really, really bad. Few Millia essentials that could help you:

Ground hit confirms:
Run>2K>2S>HS>2D
Run>S>HS>2D
Every successful 2D should be converted into HS Tandem Top setup by canceling 2D into 214K which give you enough time to setup HS Tandem Top.

For your air dash offense, try air dashing closer to the ground to make it easier to confirm, don't use JHS, JS is fine, but the easiest confirm is JK>JS:
Air Dash>JK>JS>S>HS>2D>214K> HS Tandem Top setup

Your strongest air tool though is the hair pin, learn to air dash after using it to confirm/continue pressure, the timing is a bit tricky in this version but you can always YRC after hair pin to make it easier.

For air to air use JK into JP spam(or just JP spam), if you catch anything, you can confirm from JP into JHS for a knockdown > Tandem Top set up. Millia is way better in the air than she is on the ground.

Generally, your movements isn't bad, you're making good use of her mobility, try to implement Turbo Fall(j.236k) into your air mobility and don't use Bad Moon much(if at all) outside TK Bad Moon overhead.

Tandem Top is her most important tool, learn the mix-ups after setting up TT and how to confirm into a combo that end up with another TT setup.

I'll mess around more with this info. Keep in mind I haven't *really* gotten into any fighting game, but Guilty Gear is scratching an itch I had way back, so I appreciate the help!

Not gonna get into a list war or anything but sure i get your point. Just saying its still amazing to me that people think sf4 netcode is good and use it as the bar to judge other games by.
It's just because so few people have played Skullgirls, which is as-of-yet unmatched in fighting game netcode in my experience.

"Plenty"?

That's being hyperbolic.
Not really

BBCT
BBCS
BBCS:E
BBCP
Persona 4 Arena
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
KOF XIII PC
Skullgirls
Arcana Heart 3
Vampire Resurrection
SF3:OE (good for others and meh for others)

There is more out there than Skullgirls.

Edit: Someone described SF4's netcode as "superb"? lol

fader

Hopefully it's a big jump in quality then. As it is now, it only make me want to netplay just with friends.

I hope so. I can only play online since no one i know plays gg.

Not really

BBCT
BBCS
BBCP
Persona 4 Arena
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
KOF XIII PC
Skullgirls
Arcana Heart 3
Vampire Resurrection

the only one I disagree with is KOF PC.

Zissou

Man, I am having so much fun with xrd. It was wonky at first, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. It's such an active game o_O

Kimosabae

Banned
Listing BB 4x doesn't count, KOF PC is debatable and even without those restrictions, that's far from "plenty".

But then again, there aren't a ton of FGs out and not a lot of people are playing the ones we have

*shrug*

MoxManiac

Not really

BBCT
BBCS
BBCP
Persona 4 Arena
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
KOF XIII PC
Skullgirls
Arcana Heart 3
Vampire Resurrection

Add Marvel vs. Capcom Origins to this list, it uses the same setup as SF3 and Darkstalkers.

Listing BB 4x doesn't count, KOF PC is debatable and even without those restrictions, that's far from "plenty".

But then again, there aren't a ton of FGs out and not a lot of people are playing the ones we have

*shrug*

That's still a sizable list considering the pool of the most recent FGs.

Grifter

Netplay suited TTT2 and VF5 well. Anything with a buffer system beats SF4's path of tight links + input lag that compels you to play different characters online vs off to not mix timings.

Not sure what magic they put into BBCT (netplay patch on US release) or P4A but I and folks I played were able to mini-dash to links in those games w/o ever feeling like lag was an issue.

Netplay suited TTT2 and VF5 well. Anything with a buffer system beats SF4's path of tight links + input lag that compels you to play different characters online vs off to not mix timings.

Not sure what magic they put into BBCT (netplay patch on US release) or P4A but I and folks I played were able to mini-dash to links in those games w/o ever feeling like lag was an issue.

BB and P4A netcodes are awesome. I don't know what's up with GG though, I don't know if its the "faster" nature of the game but I would think they would nail it down because of their 2 major games netcodes.

xezuru

What are some good resources to start Xrd from the ground up?
Haven't been into (playing) fighting games in a while and this is my first (competitive) attempt at Guilty Gear.

DarkKyo

If there were ever going to be more characters added is this the type of game that would release them as DLC or would they maybe release "upgraded versions" of the game you'd have to buy again like the many versions of Street Fighter 4?

Ferrio

Banned
If there were ever going to be more characters added is this the type of game that would release them as DLC or would they maybe release "upgraded versions" of the game you'd have to buy again like the many versions of Street Fighter 4?

ArcSys is notorious for doing upgraded versions.

Haven't been into (playing) fighting games in a while and this is my first (competitive) attempt at Guilty Gear.

In game tutorial/challenge/mission mode. Do tutorial first, then challenges to get a feel for combos. Mission mode teaches you general fighting game concepts.

Besides that there's dustloop http://www.dustloop.com

Tu101uk

If we're going by ASW's past, then it's usually a couple of DLC characters first (in this case, Elphelt and Leo) and then a revision (usually with more new characters and major balance/mechanics changes) next.

It would be interesting if they kept just releasing characters via DLC but I don't think they can keep the 800 Yen price point for a whole host of additions for this version. I think we'll hear about the second game sometime next year, first to arcade of course and then later on for console.

Can anyone explain trial 48 (Danger Time and Mortal Counters). Not sure how to start it up. I have to back away to start danger time but the AI doesn't approach me. Tried backing it into a corner and still couldn't get it started.

Ferrio

Banned
Can anyone explain trial 48 (Danger Time and Mortal Counters). Not sure how to start it up. I have to back away to start danger time but the AI doesn't approach me. Tried backing it into a corner and still couldn't get it started.

Have your attack hit their attack (but not each others hurt box). If the two attacks hit each other at the exact time, it'll clash and might start up a danger time. In the trial it'll always start a danger time. Use Sol's 2HS (down+heavey slash) since it's the best option.

Dustloop is the website for Arcsys games. I don't know if their Xrd wiki is up to date just yet but definitely check out the subforums for whatever characters you're interested in. There's always good information listed there.

If you want to find matches of Japanese players, check out [url="keeponrock.in]keeponrock.in[/url]

Sayad

Air dash academy series is a nice starting point series of tutorials to anime fighters.
Dust Loop's Xrd Wiki for the game systems and character specific stuff, their characters forum is extremely useful too.
If you're looking for easy to use characters, something to warm you into the game, Ky is as simple as it gets, short combos, a good set-play game, good normals, great fireballs and no high execution requirement. Sol and Faust are easy to use too, but not as simple as Ky if you only have a background in traditional fighters.

*shrug*
Most fighting games that came out in the past 3 years have better net code, so I think it's safe to call that a plenty.

Have your attack hit their attack (but not each others hurt box). If the two attacks hit each other at the exact time, it'll clash and might start up a danger time. In the trial it'll always start a danger time. Use Sol's 2HS (down+heavey slash) since it's the best option.

Thanks, was overthinking it.

Running through trophies and was wondering about http://ps3trophies.com/forums/plays...r-xrd-sign-ps4-playstation-3-trophy-list.html

Radio Edit
[TUTORIAL] Finished the second round of basic training within the designated time.

Communication Breakdown
Listened to Ramlethal and Lucifero's conversation.

How to get these?

fader

BB and P4A netcodes are awesome. I don't know what's up with GG though, I don't know if its the "faster" nature of the game but I would think they would nail it down because of their 2 major games netcodes.

every ASW game starts bad like this. Netcode is terrible on launch then they fix it. It happened to P4A and BB

there are also great in game tutorials that you should mess around in.

fader

Yeah but you would think they would have it down by now since it's a recurring problem with all their launches.

there are many variables you cannot account for while testing. Better that they are able to solve the problem post-launch then to never solve it and ignore it (cough CAPCOM cough)

Sayad

Communication Breakdown
Listened to Ramlethal and Lucifero's conversation.

How to get these?
In one of her taunts, Ram set back and have a long conversation with Lucifero, there are several different conversations. Not sure if that's what the trophy refers to, but you might want to give it a try.

In one of her taunts, Ram set back and have a long conversation with Lucifero, there are several different conversations. Not sure if that's what the trophy refers to, but you might want to give it a try.

I think you get that trophy after listening to them one time. You have to let the whole thing play out which is easy in training mode.

Kimosabae

Banned
[

Most fighting games that came out in the past 3 years have better net code, so I think it's safe to call that a plenty.

That said, SSF4 is still damned good with green bars, and that's coming from a Viper player. Only thing I have problem with is teaching throws and a slight variation on timing meterless stuff.

joe2187

Banned
Man I cant get this cronusmax adapter to work on the PS4 at all.

I cant even install the software on the PC.

I just want to use my old PS3 fightstick.

Skullgirls save us from this madness pls.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If a game is lagging it doesn't fuck you up if you input the stuff by muscle memory. It only fucks you up if you are doing hit confirms.

Unless the lag is at underwater levels that is, then it will.

fader

Man I cant get this cronusmax adapter to work on the PS4 at all.

I cant even install the software on the PC.

I just want to use my old PS3 fightstick.

Skullgirls save us from this madness pls.

i wouldnt even use it if it worked because it has pretty bad input lag

If a game is lagging it doesn't fuck you up if you input the stuff by muscle memory. It only fucks you up if you are doing hit confirms.

But if the only training you have is training mode and you rely on online to get that experience, the lag makes it very hard to do so.

Ferrio

Banned

Unfortunately hit confirms are kinda crucial. But hey, least lag makes it harder for them to retaliate when someone throws out that blocked special. Give and take I guess.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
i wouldnt even use it if it worked because it has pretty bad input lag

But if the only training you have is training mode and you rely on online to get that experience, the lag makes it very hard to do so.

If online is your only way to play, go to training mode and set your frame delay to 4

So how good is the post-patch netcode?

I check up on this thread daily. Pumped for Q to teach me to be godlike.

Has Best Buy put this out for sale, or just Gamestop?

I'm between going 100% digital for my PS4 this gen for easy game swapping (which I LOVE), and saving 20% on all of my purchases through GCU. I wish I could buy a voucher for the game at Best Buy and get both worlds. :-(

I think in general its because so few people play anything else at all.
I wonder when we will get to an age when people generally recognize that they have problems when such is the case.

Not really

BBCT
BBCS
BBCP
Persona 4 Arena
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
KOF XIII PC
Skullgirls
Arcana Heart 3
Vampire Resurrection

No Marvel? :-O Kappa.

There is more out there than Skullgirls, but Skullgirls is the best I have experienced. I literally cannot tell the difference between online and offline play.

How does the buffer system work?

Beats

Patch is tomorrow going by what people said earlier. I didn't get an update when I booted the game just now.

I think I'm gonna try learning I-No.

xezuru

Is this still for sale at GameStop or what

Dude at the gamestop I was at made it seem like it was pretty universal to all gamestops. "They completely lifted the street date." That said, my specific store didn't actually have them in stock yet, and I preordered the limited ed so i gotta wait anyways

Skilletor

Unlocking Sin is a giant pain in the butt.

I had extra yen, so I just paid for him.

I'll do the same for the american version. The only solo play I do is training mode. I hate grinding for characters. So annoying.

Just got my TE2, so I get to leave the PS3 version behind. At home, anyway.

rookiejet

am I the only that hears "Potemkin Bustaaa!" when they see Pot?
Even when it's a static picture (◔◡◉)

I check up on this thread daily. Pumped for Q to teach me to be godlike.

Ditto. This is going to be me poking Karsticles in anime fighting class (I'll be playing Sin)

giphy.gif

Top Bottom