• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

I had extra yen, so I just paid for him.

I'll do the same for the american version. The only solo play I do is training mode. I hate grinding for characters. So annoying.

Just got my TE2, so I get to leave the PS3 version behind. At home, anyway.

Let me know how the TE2 is. Probably going to order one here soon.

Grifter

How does the buffer system work?
Mainly games with loosely inputted button sequences like chain combos/gatlings but some had systems that could mitigatee the unpredictable offsets of lag, like BB/P4A has advanced input to buffer X number of frames to ease links, and VF lets you buffer your next move within ~10f of your current one ending. Otherwise, rollback is ideal and made HDR very enjoyable online.

That said, SSF4 is still damned good with green bars, and that's coming from a Viper player. Only thing I have problem with is teaching throws and a slight variation on timing meterless stuff.
I've known a few online-centric players who switched to Viper and did well. Seemed like when they got past the execution aspects, her inputs were set routines without as much visual confirmation, which would be ideal for online.

Masamuna

I'm waiting until my CE order drops since I'm still busy with a few other games, but can anyone give me a run down on Slayer? Last I looked at the DL forums his page was still a bit sparse and I'd really like to use him right off the bat. How's he fairing in this game?

am I the only that hears "Potemkin Bustaaa!" when they see Pot?
Even when it's a static picture (◔◡◉)

Ditto. This is going to be me poking Karsticles in anime fighting class (I'll be playing Sin)

giphy.gif
I do not like being poked.

Not out yet. Hopefully better than it is right now. It gives a number for the frame delay, but it doesn't feel that accurate to me.

There's no advance input buffer system from what I can tell (like BB and P4U's). I think he just means games that aren't all links.
Ah okay. I thought someone in FGW said it was out already.

Mainly games with loosely inputted button sequences like chain combos/gatlings but some had systems that could mitigatee the unpredictable offsets of lag, like BB/P4A has advanced input to buffer X number of frames to ease links, and VF lets you buffer your next move within ~10f of your current one ending. Otherwise, rollback is ideal and made HDR very enjoyable online.
Oh, so it doesn't actually help the neutral?

So it turns out you can't do the full motion for supers in order to register.

Like for Ramlethal's Explode the full motion won't register but 3614 will. And Calvados only works with 6146. Not sure why you have to skip certain points in the motion but there you go.

Volcynika

Aksys already confirmed no pre-order digitally for it. Gotta wait till Tuesday at GCT. They won't release it early since a store broke the street date.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is this still for sale at GameStop or what

My personal experience today took me to 3 gamestops.

1st. Checked computer, didn't see any in store or area.
2nd. The guy didn't even know what a "Gwerrty" or such gear was, checked computer, nothing.
3rd. Guy knew exactly what I was talking about when I called. "The one that came out on PS3 and 4 'Tuesday'? Yeah, we got one PS3 copy left! I'll hold it for you!"

It really seems like you have to get somewhat who at least KNOWS what's going on, because the system in store doesn't count it as in stock, and unless they set eyes on it and know something about it, it's probably got tossed in back or something until next week.

So if you're still looking, don't give up! There's a chance you'll find a place that'll sell it to you before "official" release.

I was quite happy to get my PS3 copy after missing out on trying to get it earlier this week. Still installing and going through system updates now.

Rhapsody

Banned
lol My friend in Florida's connection is better than the people I get here in SoCal.

Maybe it's because he has the PS4 patch, but this is smooth.

Edit: It says 2F delay, but better than any 2F delay I've ever played

Rhapsody

Banned
This is so weird. My delay says 2 and my friend's getting more lag than me. Asked him what his was and he says it's 8F.

Maybe it's because unpatched PS3 to PS4?

Man, I've been in Dragon Age land for the past month. I forgot this was even coming out..... Umm..... Is it actually out at this point? I thought it wasn't supposed to be released until this coming week.

Ferrio

Banned
Man, I've been in Dragon Age land for the past month. I forgot this was even coming out..... Umm..... Is it actually out at this point? I thought it wasn't supposed to be released until this coming week.

Import copies (that come with english translation), and the US street date was broken last week but since then they've stopped selling them until the release date.

Naite

How 's the lag on your end Q? I was looking at your stream and your delay is less than half of mine (I was getting 8-9)

This is so weird. My delay says 2 and my friend's getting more lag than me. Asked him what his was and he says it's 8F.

Maybe it's because unpatched PS3 to PS4?

I get the exact opposite. I get Delay 6 and it plays worse than that. And I was 4f delay with these people yesterday.

Rhapsody

Banned
I get the exact opposite. I get Delay 6 and it plays worse than that. And I was 4f delay with these people yesterday.

Unfortunately this is the first time I played this particular friend. So I can't compare to what it was before the patch on this connection. The netcode is really weird in this game. Especially if it's smoother on my end compared to my friend's in the same match.

Gears

I'm wondering about the dlc characters, is there a date/price set for leo in NA? I like owning every fighter in my games. Wishing I had a pad at least too :c

I hope Madcatz sends out the TE2's soon. I have to play as Potemkin because my movement on a pad is nonexistent, so anyone else is basically out of the question.

Like, "mid-December" is really close, can't they figure out a concrete release day?

Rhapsody

Banned
I know Q has said this before, but it's so weird how much damage Ky does now lol

Meterless BnBs do nice damage with good oki or safe jump.

Now I just need to make sure I don't botch my links offline and online.

Top Bottom