• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Would anybody know why Guilty Gear isn't up on the psn store yet in Hong Kong. According to the blog it should of released today. I searched it and I didn't see it. Its about 9:31 pm in Hong Kong so it should of updated by now.

MSMrRound

e66GAtI.jpg

GGXrd X Senran Kagura crossover incoming.

mekes

Wow, setting up the HK account was so easy, PlayAsia code was instant, half way through the download as I type. My last experience buying through a foreign PSN store involved fake addresses and virtual credit cards, long time back and this was so much easier.

Thanks for the help Von Krukru + Horseress. I was resigned to waiting for this game, begrudgingly putting in an order with VG+ last night. Did not think I would be playing it today. Happy times! ;)

dem0neyes

What's the early impressions so far?

Had alot of fun playing last night with some friends online that live near me. The netcode could be better imo but its playable. Had a 4 bar connection with a friend that lives an hour away and we had 2 frames of delay. Whats funny is the delay actually made it easier for me to do venom IAD stuff b/c i keep doing it to fast. Im digging YRCs tho. If i have meter i can just go ham on offense which is something i've been missing for long time.

Wow, setting up the HK account was so easy, PlayAsia code was instant, half way through the download as I type. My last experience buying through a foreign PSN store involved fake addresses and virtual credit cards, long time back and this was so much easier.

Thanks for the help Von Krukru + Horseress. I was resigned to waiting for this game, begrudgingly putting in an order with VG+ last night. Did not think I would be playing it today. Happy times! ;)

Enjoy! I'm from europe, I was resigned to wait that delayed US limited edition, if my local store even managed to get their hands on it before 2015!
But that HK digital release is a present from the gods! Thanks GAF for letting me know!

FluxWaveZ

Having played a bit of the story mode, I like its presentation. I read up on the Chronology in the pause menu and, despite there being a few intricacies I feel I'm missing in the timeline, I think it does a good job of getting me to know about the state of the world and characters being new to GG.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dialogue moving at an automatic pace without there being an option to do it manually, though (at least not that I've found). In games like this, I tend to go over a lot of words carefully and it prevents me from doing so, but at least it has the typical dialogue archive for when I've missed something. Also, is there a place I'm missing where all the terms from the "Quick Terminology" menu are stored for later consumption? Sometimes words are highlighted in yellow and, by pressing triangle, it pops up a menu that expounds on the term, but that definition will be gone once the dialogue passes.

Edit: Ah wait, the automatic pace actually was something I was missing: listed as "Auto Reload" in the Story Settings menu (weird name for it).

Edit 2: Also, there should be a glossary in the main menu for that stuff, so that takes care of my two issues.

dang even Infiltration is playing this. Nice to see a Korean contingent interested in this game though from several streamers, always enjoy their players making it out to events or hosting their own.

Westlo

i don't mind playing this with the ds4 pad, always preferred to play the arc sys work fighters on pads over stick for some reason... but my poor thumb :(

After day 1 i think I'll main Millia but it's early. Now to watch some pro Millias that will do combos I can never do and make me go to someone else.

Ugh, I've been reading some dreadful reports on the netcode :(

If it remains as bad as it sounds even after next week's patch I will have to skip this, good online play is a must for me since I don't have scenes anywhere near me.

I've been getting a lot of 8 frame delay games between aus and japan, they show up as 4 bars for me, a heck of a lot better than when i play blazblue/persona against japanese opponents where i usually always saw 0 bar connections...

Feels good to me, a fuckload better than any fighting game I've played online this year so far which would be Steam Ultra SFIV, Persona Ultimax, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and BB CP...

Shito

Guys, where can I buy JP PSN cards (yen) with my euros? I only finding JP cards with US dollars. :-( wanna buy the Japanese version...
Don't know if you found your answer yet, but in case you didn't: you can buy them from Play-asia.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-1z3-49-en.html
That's usually where I go to buy PSN cards. You pay, they give you the code, and voilà! :)

I'm still on the fence about the game. Would like to play it with a stick, but I would also like to play it on PS4, for the prettier graphics. And I don't want to buy a PS4 stick just for this game alone...

RS4-

Fuuuuuuck, need to find HK PSN cards. These online places have either ridiculous markup or have them in 200pt rather than 500.

mekes

Enjoy! I'm from europe, I was resigned to wait that delayed US limited edition, if my local store even managed to get their hands on it before 2015!
But that HK digital release is a present from the gods! Thanks GAF for letting me know!

It truly is a gift from the gods! I had no fighters for the PS4, now I have 2 in 2 days. LOL :)

10 years!? What you do ignore Guilty Gear after the first version of Guilty Gear X2 was released? (There's 6 versions of the game) because it's only been 6 years since Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus if you ignore the Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R that came out last year.

Oh I've been playing those, but they weren't really newer games of GG, just updates and such. I have GG ACP R for my Vita, but I've been waiting that long for a true, newer Guilty Gear.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I can't find any place that will get me the game for at least $60

Bought two cards on cardscodes for 64 dollars but as an EU importer that's still cheaper than the game would be here retail.

Downloaded the game, tried some arcade mode but I really can't do any SKR motions or double quarter circles consistently with the controller. Just ordered a Titan One so I can use my Xbox stick.

tbm24

Good to hear people are enjoying the game. I expected as much. Since the LE was delayed I'm downloading the HK version tomorrow. Shall be fun to play with you all.

cerulily

Just spent the last hour watching the story mode on stream

are there just no fights? it's ALL just visual novel? That seems kind of disappointing. I miss boss forms of enemies from the GGXX story format

FluxWaveZ

Just spent the last hour watching the story mode on stream

are there just no fights? it's ALL just visual novel? That seems kind of disappointing. I miss boss forms of enemies from the GGXX story format

There is no way that there is no fighting at all in the story mode. That sounds impossible. However, there is a lot of story and dialogue, so they're likely few and far apart.

FluxWaveZ

There is no fighting in story mode. None whatsoever. After you watch it you get 100,000 world dollars for completing it.

Wow, I stand corrected. It's interesting that they'd go full VN after their previous games; about how long is it?

It took me about 3.5-4 hours.

Hm, shorter than I expected, as well. I wonder if the step up in production values for the story is a reason for this.

cerulily

There is no fighting in story mode. None whatsoever. After you watch it you get 100,000 world dollars for completing it.

Wow.... that is just so disappointing :( ONe of the best parts of GGXX for me was seeing boss versions of characters and getting different outcomes.

So many potentially good fights seem wasted.

Wow.... that is just so disappointing :( ONe of the best parts of GGXX for me was seeing boss versions of characters and getting different outcomes.

So many potentially good fights seem wasted.

I think the worst part is that some of the characters have very little screen time. You see Potemkin for 1 minute. He says 3 lines and he's never seen again.

FluxWaveZ

Tons of story mode fights in BB were awful though, just easy 1-round stuff. I dunno. I'll have to see it myself.

I guess I'm into the idea of a shortened story, even with no fights, if it eliminates bloat. I'm just surprised there's apparently no context in the story at all where a fight could happen that's resolved through gameplay, but not feeling forced to implement that also gives more freedom to the writers to convey what they want to, I suppose.

Volcynika

I guess I'm into the idea of a shortened story, even with no fights, if it eliminates bloat. I'm just surprised there's apparently no context in the story at all where a fight could happen that's resolved through gameplay, but not feeling forced to implement that also gives more freedom to the writers to convey what they want to, I suppose.

Not sure why they changed it, maybe based on fan feedback, or the fact they did XBlaze which is just a VN basically and wanted to put more of that into other games. Not sure.

Beats

Going through the tutorial right now. It's pretty good so far, but man hitting with a Dust attack is super jarring visually... :\

Top Bottom