• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

It's situations like these that make me think it's strange that no one seems to care about software backwards compatibility anymore.
Also, I find this generation hilarious in this regard. For the entirety of the period leading up to the present generation, people on these forums expressed their concerns that the Wii U wouldn't retain your Wii purchases because Nintendo doesn't have an account system. "I want to be able to always play my VC games!"

Fast forward to today, and Nintendo did a great job making all of your information transferable despite the lack of an account system, and the other two systems of the generation have no backwards compatibility at all, effectively making every customer lose access to their entire purchasing backlog without the previous system.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, been thinking about making a thread on the subject for awhile. I may do that today. Luckily for Sony, where it not for Xrd, I'd have no PS4 (ironically ended up purchasing it on PS3 anyway due to the stick situation). Not trying to have 5 video game consoles lying around my house.

antibolo

Banned
"Caring" has everything to do with it, because despite the difference in architectures, both companies presented backwards compatibility solutions that were promised and we haven't heard a peep about them in almost a year.

Citation required. They haven't promised anything about BC since their respective announcements.

People need to stop being so cynical, backwards compatibility is simply not realistic for this gen.

Was never into GG more of a Capcom player. But what's a good zoning character? Like guile.I usually play very lame turtle style but go on offensive to surprise opponents. Which character fits that description in this game? If any.
Dizzy
Plz come back Dizzy, I'm ready for you now ;-;

The only real zoning character is Axl. Ky has a projectile, but I don't think that alone qualifies as zoning.

Rhapsody

Banned
Was never into GG more of a Capcom player. But what's a good zoning character? Like guile.I usually play very lame turtle style but go on offensive to surprise opponents. Which character fits that description in this game? If any.

Faust. He throws projectiles in the air and gets to harass people with his great normals.

Gets to play a pretty safe lame game and has good rushdown too when needed (think SF2 Dhalsim).

Kimosabae

Banned
I think Venom is what he really wants. He can control the neutral just by getting a single ball onscreen and after that point, he can either continue to zone, or use balls to setups bulldog and Venom bulldog is scary. Particularly in the corner and after a knockdown. Venom has the ultimate variance in terms of offensive approach, imo.

Conceptually and execution-wise, he can be a high-barrier for entry, though. So be ready to challenge yourself.

Citation required. They haven't promised anything about BC since their respective announcements.

People need to stop being so cynical, backwards compatibility is simply not realistic for this gen.

Sony most definitely did, and that promise was supposed to be one of their main motivations for the Gaikai acquisition:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Backward-Compatibility-Arrives-Via-Gaikai-2014-60858.html

That's manifested itself into PS Now. But I will admit a streaming solution would be useless for this particular case.

Microsoft never made any definitive commitments outside letting us know they were "Looking into" a solution. likely something similar to Sony.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-exec-responds-to-xbox-ones-lack-of-backw/1100-6422847/

zlatko

Banned
Surprisingly enough I'm doing well on execution on the PS4 pad with Sin.

I have his last 3 trials left to do when I'm up for it. Granted his trials felt a lot easier than some others I tried.

Baust

Id prefer to play through games than get summaries for them >.<

S-so yeah, anyone know on the proper order? (I'll check tomorrow, falling asleep)

The manual flows like this:
GG -> GGX -> GG2 -> GG:Vastedge -> GGXrd

That might be a good start. Oh, and Vastedge is a pachinko game. That might be a hard one to play.

Sin damage makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life.

I wish this game would just make up it's mind and decide whether it has good or bad netcode. When it's works it's near flawless but man when it doesn't it almost makes me pine for UMvC3 online. At least I know what I'm getting with that one.

Got it yesterday. Saw almost no one playing on the socal lobby/ranked. Lots of 0 and 1 bar too :/

Really missing Baiken and Dizzy who I used in the previous releases. I think I'm going to main I-No for now.

zlatko

Banned
I'm going to make a lobby---already did.

Prefer only 1 other person or two at most on GAF who are terrible/scrubs/learning, etc.

I'm doing Sin training---maybe some faust.

I'm out of Colorado.

My PSN ID is OutlawOcelot

On PS4 for the next few hours.

Send a friend request on PS4 and let's do it!

Onemic

Just found out Aksys havent shipped any Xrd copies to Canada at all....Damn it. I was planning on using my gamestop credit to buy the PS4 copy. I dont know why they would do this

Got it yesterday. Saw almost no one playing on the socal lobby/ranked. Lots of 0 and 1 bar too :/

Really missing Baiken and Dizzy who I used in the previous releases. I think I'm going to main I-No for now.

I-No is mad fun in this one since her execution isn't so crazy anymore

Kusano123

Neo Member
Just found out Aksys havent shipped any Xrd copies to Canada at all....Damn it. I was planning on using my gamestop credit to buy the PS4 copy. I dont know why they would do this

And I placed an order on Best Buy but they didn't tell me about this. What the----God I'm so pissed right now.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone up to join my lobby? Just casual sparring to get good.

My internet is decent and I'm out of Colorado.

Don't know any combos really haha. PS4.

Nyoro SF

Comboing rekka -> flying kick wallstick -> j.D with Chipp, I feel is unnecessarily hard. but I can get the alpha blade followups pretty easily! I just can't get that one link consistently.

antibolo

Banned

Definitely not the first time Aksys pulls this shit.

Use your credit to buy a PSN prepaid card and then buy it digital.

Onemic

And I placed an order on Best Buy but they didn't tell me about this. What the----God I'm so pissed right now.

Same here man. I shouldve just ordered if off Amazon when I noticed that you couldnt even preorder it at Gamestop a week before it was to be released.

Definitely not the first time Aksys pulls this shit.

Use your credit to buy a PSN prepaid card and then buy it digital.

Not available on PSN either

zlatko

Banned
I think I just went like 0-20 against this guy who joined my lobby with his Bedman.

He was level 1 and so was I, but he knew all his mix ups and combos....lordy. Never even took a round from him.

Messed around with other characters just to see if I could sneak one in, but nope. He bodied me free. :(

Naite

My order from videogameplus shipped last night. Forget what version/edition I bought.

xezuru

I think I just went like 0-20 against this guy who joined my lobby with his Bedman.

He was level 1 and so was I, but he knew all his mix ups and combos....lordy. Never even took a round from him.

Messed around with other characters just to see if I could sneak one in, but nope. He bodied me free. :(

I'll be joining this way of life when I get my LE copy... hold me.

zlatko

Banned
I'll be joining this way of life when I get my LE copy... hold me.

Haha. *holds and pats* Shhh. It's okay.

I'm not a total scrub at fighters, but I'm still on the ass side of things.

I would've thought I could at least pull one out of my ass, but nope.

Also...who's the current "best" slayer I could find videos of online? The character intrigues me quite a lot, but he seems so damn limited in what he can do compared to the rest of the cast.

SykoTech

Anyone else find it somewhat cumbersome to get matches? :/

I've only been online once so far, but yeah. It was pretty annoying. I think the setup for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was better. When I did get in to some matches though, it was smooth as butter. So there's that.

At work now, but might be on later tonight. I think Elphlet comes out today, and I wanna give her a go.

Volcynika

Talking to a Gamestop employee and they told me that aksys hasnt shipped a single copy to Canada and that's why if you go on their website you cant even order the game.

As far as I know, stores order copies from the publisher or whatever (publishers just don't send X copies to stores, stores order how much they want to stock), so wouldn't that fall more on Gamestop?

FluxWaveZ

Guess they really don't have high expectations for the game's sales. I had heard something like that a while back during the Future Shop/BestBuy E3 deal, actually. Places to get them seemed to be Amazon.ca and VGplus.

Onemic

As far as I know, stores order copies from the publisher or whatever (publishers just don't send X copies to stores, stores order how much they want to stock), so wouldn't that fall more on Gamestop?

I dunno, but it's literally not available at any store. Gamestop or not.

Salvatron

GG newb here; a couple questions for my fellow FGC brethren.

How's the online functionality been; laggy matches or solid thus far?
I main Guy in Ultra, any character recommendations based on that?

Sinistral

Went to an EBGames and Best Buy this morning, thinking I could get a Physical copy despite not being able to pre-order earlier this month. No copies whatsoever at either store or city wide for Best Buy in Vancouver. The EBGames clerk said something about a non-physical release for Canada. I like my physical copies when they're priced the same so I'm debating whether to order off Amazon.ca or just get it Digital off of PSN.

antibolo

Banned
Went to an EBGames and Best Buy this morning, thinking I could get a Physical copy despite not being able to pre-order earlier this month. No copies whatsoever at either store or city wide for Best Buy in Vancouver. The EBGames clerk said something about a non-physical release for Canada. I like my physical copies when they're priced the same so I'm debating whether to order off Amazon.ca or just get it Digital off of PSN.

Digital is cheaper though since PSN does not charge taxes in Canada.

Top Bottom