• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

ZeroX03

Banned
Haha tekken 5 had 2 updates, I believe 6 had 1, Tag had 2 I think?

Tekken get's plenty of updates console versions just tend to wait til the final one. With the exception of 5 where the first version came out on ps2 then the final on ps3

The difference being that they didn't charge for any of them except DR. Console players get the complete package. And for arcade players it's an update that doesn't change the price.

Zomba13

Got my copy downloading (UK here). Don't see the DLC character on the store yet though. Is it done though an ingame thing or is it just not up yet?

EDIT: never mind, found her now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The difference being that they didn't charge for any of them except DR. Console players get the complete package. And for arcade players it's an update that doesn't change the price.

Yeah console players just have to wait 2+ years and for the arcade players they payed more than the price of a few games by that point :p

I want to actually play the games I'm interested in.

Edit: To put it bluntly you may feel ripped off but I spend hundreds of hours on these games. I don't mind paying again a year down the road for hundreds more.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah console players just have to wait 2+ years and for the arcade players they payed more than the price of a few games by that point :p

I want to actually play the games I'm interested in.

No Tekken release has been over 2 years from arcade to console.

Edit: To put it bluntly you may feel ripped off but I spend hundreds of hours on these games. I don't mind paying again a year down the road for hundreds more.

And I'm just showing a little appreciation to the series that doesn't feel the need to charge again or create expectations that consumers should feel the need to pay over and over.

Baust

Anyone else having trouble getting Elphelt to download on PS4?

I grabbed it on the webstore and it won't let me download it to the console.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it downloaded without telling me.

Gambit61

So I'm on PS3 and my friend is on PS4. We can see each other in the lobby but we can't get into a player match. Is there something we're missing?

antibolo

Banned
I see ArcSys is continuing their scummy practice of charging us for alternate announcers.

Although to be honest why the hell would you want to replace the announcer in this game lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I see ArcSys is continuing their scummy practice of charging us for alternate announcers.

Although to be honest why the hell would you want to replace the announcer in this game lol.

Why replace it in any game, that was always the most pointless DLC hell I rank it lower than the color dlc

Gambit61

Oh and we're using all default settings. The game works fine online when we play PS3 - PS3. For some reason we haven't been able to join a room together with PS3 - PS4.

Gambit61

Yo, I will be straight here, GG:Xrd's menus are FUCKING CONFUSING!

One of you make a lobby room, the other should be able to go through the door that appears once you do.

A door never appears when we do PS3 - PS4. We just get a symbol with a chair and arrow next to it. PS3 - PS3 everything works like normal. I'm just wondering if we're doing something wrong or if its a bug lol.

Oh, could be because of the ps4 patch :p Ps3 doesn't have it yet.
Weird. we had this same issue last week. Was the PS4 patch available then? And yeah you must be right. I forgot the PS4 already had an update.

Ferrio

Banned
Weird. we had this same issue last week. Was the PS4 patch available then?

No, just ps3 and ps4 don't play well together. PS4 doesn't have the option to invite or be invited. They can join each others rooms though manually, I know i did with Qs.

Gambit61

No, just ps3 and ps4 don't play well together. PS4 doesn't have the option to invite or be invited. They can join each others rooms though manually, I know i did with Qs.

Oh okay. Thanks guys! I thought we were making a dumb mistake or missing something obvious. lol

Ferrio

Banned
Hey Ferrio, how do you combo off an IOH j.D? I thought 214S might work, but it's never close enough to hit

There should be a challenge on it. But ya you follow up with 214S and have to RC it i believe. Something I haven't been able to do online that's for sure, such an awkward attack.

JoeFenix

Game is absolutely incredible looking, great tutorial too!

Pretty happy with my HRAP4 so far, cord panel in the back is a bit flimsy but stick and buttons feel great.

SykoTech

Okay, just grabbed Elphelt off PSN. But I see the PS3 and PS4 version of her were separate...along with all the content for that matter.

That's a little concerning for me when it comes to purchasing Leo. I'm playing the PS3 version and was planning on double dipping when I get a PS4. So uh, I'm basically going to have to buy Leo twice to get him on both the PS3 and PS4 versions aren't I? That's pretty shitty if so.

Astarte

Okay, just grabbed Elphelt off PSN. But I see the PS3 and PS4 version of her were separate...along with all the content for that matter.

That's a little concerning for me when it comes to purchasing Leo. I'm playing the PS3 version and was planning on double dipping when I get a PS4. So uh, I'm basically going to have to buy Leo twice to get him on both the PS3 and PS4 versions aren't I? That's pretty shitty if so.

DLC is cross buy.

Uraizen

Banned
Hey Ferrio, how do you combo off an IOH j.D? I thought 214S might work, but it's never close enough to hit

There should be a challenge on it. But ya you follow up with 214S and have to RC it i believe. Something I haven't been able to do online that's for sure, such an awkward attack.

You don't need to RC it, it just misses sometimes for reasons I have yet to figure out. Who are you trying to do it on? It's also one of the things I can do online, lol.

Onemic

Ya, I've already done all his challenges. The challenge version for that one has you confirm off a 214S, but the spacing to even get it is extremely tight, not to mention its not even possible to get the confirm off a jump canceled normal

Kikirin

Kind of off-topic, but this so much. Even putting 10 hours into the game is cheaper entertainment per hour than going to the movies once.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya, I've already done all his challenges. The challenge version for that one has you confirm off a 214S, but the spacing to even get it is extremely tight, not to mention its not even possible to get the confirm off a jump canceled normal

Guess I'm not sure what your asking. Sounds like you already knew the answer to your question if you did the challenege?

Top Bottom