• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Nyoro SF

I have to back up here and agree, the PS3 online is a bit shabby...

maybe it's a combination of unreal engine + 3d models + arcsys inexperience?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can PS4 players not play against PS3 players? I can't see the room that Nils created, he's PS3 and I'm PS4.

Sent you an invite now, although the message you quoted seems to indicate that won't work. Can you find the lobby?

JoeFenix

Sent you an invite now, although the message you quoted seems to indicate that won't work. Can you find the lobby?

No I can't see it at all, either on the map or in the search menu. Let me create a room and let's see if you can join.

It's up. I'm wondering if the patch situation is affecting our ability to connect to each other? PS3 apparently hasn't been patched yet.

JoeFenix

Do you have a room up yet? If so where can I find it?

I guess you can try doing a manual search? The other guys room I just saw in the lobby, it looked like a door that I could click on and it put me in this arcade area with other players.

Game room is just JoeFenix, no password.

Ferrio

Banned
Just go into a region where there's no people, post in channel.

We should just standardize on a GAF region/area that no one goes that's our default meeting area.

17 Characters

Sin can be unlock
Elphelt is Free for now
Leo cost money and is out on the 23rd

That's Leo

And ya, no Baiken :(
Alright well it's unfortunate there's no Baiken, but Slayer will do. And holy shit I'm digging Elphelt. She might just end up being my main. Too bad she looks dumb as fuck. Bedman has one of the most wicked awesome designs I've seen in a long time. Ramlethal looks really cool too.

Jazz-ism

Banned
How many characters can be unlocked? Roster looks a bit thin.

i dont understand why people say this when 16-20 chars has been the standard for a first version for a while now...

ugh

Just give me the revision already

i am expecting that relatively soon...perhaps an announcement in 2015 and we get the revision late spring or early summer?

the things I would like to see are a) changes to YRC b) throw techs added

Naite

I really hope that PS3 patch improves PS4 to PS3 netplay because I've only had one match so far where the frame delay hasn't been in the double digits since the PS4 patch.

Mesoian

Dude, why can sol just walk into attacks and take no damage? That shit is dumb

Edit: Sol is still stupid. Almost everything is safe and idiotic chains do 40%. Why do they keep making him inexplicably good?

AlexIIDX

Alright well it's unfortunate there's no Baiken, but Slayer will do. And holy shit I'm digging Elphelt. She might just end up being my main. Too bad she looks dumb as fuck. Bedman has one of the most wicked awesome designs I've seen in a long time. Ramlethal looks really cool too.

I actually feel the exact opposite...i like Elphelts design and think Bedman's design is dumb, not to mention that name. It's definitely unique though.

Kimosabae

Banned
i dont understand why people say this when 16-20 chars has been the standard for a first version for a while now...

i am expecting that relatively soon...perhaps an announcement in 2015 and we get the revision late spring or early summer?

the things I would like to see are a) changes to YRC b) throw techs added

I want Force Breaks back, but that probably won't come back for a while.

They should just bring FRC back and make it 3-4 frames instead of 1-2. It was a great mechanic, it was just slightly too execution oriented for something that was so necessary for upper-mid level play.

Also, they need to expand the CH effects. Things like Ky losing his Stagger on f. HS is dumb.

JoeFenix

Anyone wants to play with my 3 hours of Guilty Gear series playtime scrub Millia?

North America 5 District 5, room name is JoeFenix.

GG Nils, online worked surprisingly well once we managed to get into the same room. Had 5-6 frame delay against you and 3-4 frames against the other guy, totally felt playable.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Good games JoeFenix. I thought the connection was surprisingly good considering I'm playing from Europe and you probably aren't. Averaged 5-7 frame delay.

I really haven't played the game a lot so far, but have been coasting on basics I picked up from the other games in the series, but I never got much farther than some neutral game and very basic gattling type combos. That other game who came in was waay beyond me. Still, had fun and it shouldn't take that long for you to get to my level I think, given enough play.

More mixup type stuff with Millia with her roll for instance could benefit you a lot. As well as the trickier stuff that other dude did with her downwards circle thingy move combined with a dash or something else. Was really hard to block. Hope you had fun.

I actually feel the exact opposite...i like Elphelts design and think Bedman's design is dumb, not to mention that name. It's definitely unique though.
I think the ears kill it for me. It seems like anime games are always polarizing when it comes to design.

Bedman definitely has an uninspired name though.

JoeFenix

Good games JoeFenix. I thought the connection was surprisingly good considering I'm playing from Europe and you probably aren't. Averaged 5-7 frame delay.

I really haven't played the game a lot so far, but have been coasting on basics I picked up from the other games in the series, but I never got much farther than some neutral game and very basic gattling type combos. That other game who came in was waay beyond me. Still, had fun and it shouldn't take that long for you to get to my level I think, given enough play.

More mixup type stuff with Millia with her roll for instance could benefit you a lot. As well as the trickier stuff that other dude did with her downwards circle thingy move combined with a dash or something else. Was really hard to block. Hope you had fun.

Yeah it was definitely alot of fun! It's just alot to take in, I just saw that she actually has 2 other specials that I didn't know about, that's certainly going to help!

I'll get competent in no time I'm sure, tommorow I'll spend some time in training mode and figure out some decent bread and butter combos and start getting a gameplan together. I was literally going in blind.

She seems like a fun character though I'm not sure If I'll end up sticking with her, I need to try the rest of the cast.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Because with Arc Systems I can never tell what the hell version is what. Just feels like nonstop games and revisions to me. Even Xrd for the most part, other than how it looks.

...what previous versions of xrd have u played? this is just such a LoL ass post...assuming you can read and arent completely illiterate i dont see how this could be a problem

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Is there no way to have something demoed while you are in challenge mode? I have no idea how this game wants me to perform this stuff.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think Bedman is my favorite design of the new cast. Ramlethal's is nice (just maybe a bit skimpy). Elphelt I would've liked to be more wild west, but they had to do it for the bride theme so I'm ok with that. I don't have anything against Leo, but he looks all around boring to me.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it was definitely alot of fun! It's just alot to take in, I just saw that she actually has 2 other specials that I didn't know about, that's certainly going to help!

I'll get competent in no time I'm sure, tommorow I'll spend some time in training mode and figure out some decent bread and butter combos and start getting a gameplan together. I was literally going in blind.

She seems like a fun character though I'm not sure If I'll end up sticking with her, I need to try the rest of the cast.

That definitely wasn't bad for a first attempt. What I like most about the series is how each character has a very unique different playstyle. I'm mostly gravitating towards Chipp and Venom so far. I've always liked the billiard gimmick but I have no clue how his formations work in this version.

I think Bedman is my favorite design of the new cast. Ramlethal's is nice (just maybe a bit skimpy). Elphelt I would've liked to be more wild west, but they had to do it for the bride theme so I'm ok with that. I don't have anything against Leo, but he looks all around boring to me.

Bedman's design gives me nightmares

Top Bottom