• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Hey is there anyone else around here who is pretty newish to Guilty Gear and not all that great? Want someone to play with tomorrow, and I'm playing on a controller, just wanted to find some around my skill level
I am super low level, but I don't have a stick. -_-

ALL I WANT TO DO IS GIVE YOU MONEY, MANUFACTURERS!

Welp..... I need an arcade stick. My thumb cannot handle this madness. Sony has forsaken me with the old ones not working. This is that bullshit.
Me too. Is everyone else just playing on pad?

xezuru

For people lookin for low level dudes to fight, i'm pretty much back to basics going into this game but I wont get the game till the LE comes in stock. Gonna be forevs. Live in Washington West Coast btw.

Ferrio

Banned
Grift says he got 2F, I showed 10F. Mine was unplayable, don't know if was for him though.

Releasing a patch for one system was really really stupid.

Rhapsody

Banned
Grift says he got 2F, I showed 10F. Mine was unplayable, don't know if was for him though.

Releasing a patch for one system was really really stupid.

You're on PS4, right? That's what's it's been like when I've been playing my PS4 friend while I get 2F.

Unplayable on his side as well.

Grifter

I was hitting my stuff! Hope it's some desync with whatever they did on the patch. We can try again when PS3 gets it, I actually never see it stick to 2f so that was really weird.

Bob White

You're on PS4, right? That's what's it's been like when I've been playing my PS4 friend while I get 2F.

Unplayable on his side as well.

Yeah, the netcode is horrid but, it seems like a purely technical mishap. At least I hope so. Since that patch I just can't play the game. So anyone know if there will be a patch for ps3? Because I'm pretty sure most my 10 frame matches are with ps3 guys. Which sucks because it seems most people online are on ps3.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, the netcode is horrid but, it seems like a purely technical mishap. At least I hope so. Since that patch I just can't play the game. So anyone know if there will be a patch for ps3? Because I'm pretty sure most my 10 frame matches are with ps3 guys. Which sucks because it seems most people online are on ps3.

There was no PS3 date on the Japanese website with the announcement. It should be coming though, just a matter of when.

Rhapsody

Banned
I like both designs. The old design looked really good in artwork compared to the sprite itself.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed how there are colors that are only selectable during mirror matches.
Millia's same character color is her old default color.

How do some Zato players keep Eddie out for so long, and what is the best way to summon Eddie outside of the hell spikes?

I really love Zato's aerial movement. Reminds me of Painwheel/Sentinel. More games need characters that float and fly around.

I think Millia looks fine in her Xrd outfit, but I always wonder why she has a license plate on her hat. I'm guessing in the Guilty Gear world, the DMV handles license and registration for sentient killer hair.

Ok, I totally love this game. This is my first GG and it's amazing. I totally enjoyed the story mode (thanks in part to the equally amazing library mode). I enjoy every single-player mode. I love this game.

However, my online experiences here have been the worst ever. I can't remember having such a bad online experience in a game since JJASB. Now, I live in South America, but I played P4AU for months and I didn't have matches like these. 19 frames of delay. Almost every single match had 19 frames of delay. 1 bar of connection? 19 frames. 2 bars? 19 frames. The 19 frames of delay even showed up during the loading screen. The only three exceptions were a match against someone with 3 bars which had 8-10 frames of delay, a match agaisnt someone with 1 bar which had 13 frames of delay, and a match against a friend from the US with 0 bars which had 8-10 frames. Later, I played against a friend who lives near my house and, as expected we had 2-4 frames with 4 bars. But this didn't happen to me in P4AU, I could easily play against people from other countries without much problem. What is going on with the netcode of this game? There was going to be a patch today (at least for the English version of the game), but I'm not sure what happened to that.

Also, the ranked is weird. I'm starting to think that there's a bug or something, because it's almost impossible for me to get into a match. It keeps saying "Failed to connect", yet the dualshock vibrates and I can hear the announcer saying "Are you ready for a challenge?" or whatever he says.

And of course, there's the whole thing about PS3 vs PS4 player matches. I tried to play against a friend and we had to enter someone else's room because it was impossible for us to make a private room and play together.

I love this game, but this almost makes the online unplayable for me, unless I play against friends who live near me.

Ferrio

Banned
^ you on ps4?

There was no PS3 date on the Japanese website with the announcement. It should be coming though, just a matter of when.

That's not a good sign, I don't even know what they were thinking doing that patch...That's just stupid on so many levels.

^ you on ps4?

That's not a good sign, I don't even know what they were thinking doing that patch...That's just stupid on so many levels.

No, PS3. I'd like to believe that the patch will be coming soon, but man... This is something I was not expecting at all, not after P4AU.

Rhapsody

Banned
How do some Zato players keep Eddie out for so long, and what is the best way to summon Eddie outside of the hell spikes?

I really love Zato's aerial movement. Reminds me of Painwheel/Sentinel. More games need characters that float and fly around.

Keep him out as in protect him from getting hit? Learn to safely summon, use H drills to shield Eddie from projectiles, and use HS shadow to get them around the tournament. You're also going to have to get comfortable to play footsies with Eddie and the opponent too. It's important to practice getting used to HS shadow. Chances are you won't be holding HS most of the time. Since you don't want to get your HS normal out in neutral, learn to get used to pressing HS during backdash or while you're doing 214K.

Drills are definitely the best way to safely get Eddie out. Outside of that, your options are throws or 2D. If you're trying to figure out when to summon him in neutral without sneaking a summon in a blockstring, you have a few options. One is 236S anti air when they're approaching from above. You can safely summon Eddie when you're fullscreen. You can slowly approach while alternating between H drill and S shadow as you're moving in on them.

Also an important tip is early meaty drills on their wakeup when Eddie isn't out. This gives more frame advantage to summon Eddie from the puddle or do another drill to buy time for Eddie to revive.

Feels wonderful to me. Feels like people are too accustomed to the lenient input windows of more modern fighters to me.

No one is complaining about input windows, just how the game recognizes inputs. On the PS4 controller at least you need to skip certain parts of the input for it to work. Like 632146 doesn't work if you do the full motion (coming from Blazblue I am used to inputting the entire motion for a super). Instead you have to do 6146 (fast or slow it doesn't matter).

When someone tells me that inputs are harder in a game, I expect that means you need to complete the full motion instead of trying to take shortcuts, but in GGXrd it's the opposite case.

Funnily enough I don't remember having this issue at all in the GG AC+R PS3 port.

Rhapsody

Banned
No one is complaining about input windows, just how the game recognizes inputs. On the PS4 controller at least you need to skip certain parts of the input for it to work. Like 632146 doesn't work if you do the full motion (coming from Blazblue I am used to inputting the entire motion for a super). Instead you have to do 6146 (fast or slow it doesn't matter).

When someone tells me that inputs are harder in a game, I expect that means you need to complete the full motion instead of trying to take shortcuts, but in GGXrd it's the opposite case.

Funnily enough I don't remember having this issue at all in the GG AC+R PS3 port.

I don't think so. I have the input window set to on. Doing something like Potemkin Buster on arcade stick, it never comes out if I skip any of the inputs. On pad, I've had times where the attack isn't coming out in training mode, but that's because I'm messing up on hitting my corners on the dpad.

Haven't noticed anything remotely close to this, and I've been using Potemkin so I'm doing that input a fair bit.

Does this game even have shortcuts for special/super moves? I have to do the full input every time or else it doesn't come out. And that includes 632146 moves.

Onemic

I always have to do the full motion for my inputs. Shortcuts never work.

Elphelt feels so good to do shotgun blasts with.
Once I realized I was preemptively holding the stick back before even firing first, getting powered shots became a lot more consistent.

And after watching some combo videos, I want to play more but the kids asleep and I play on stick.

This game is like crack.

One thing I miss on PS4 that 360 has (and quite honestly I don't play my XB1 enough to recall whether it has it either), is the system notification that pops up to alert you whether or not any of your friends are also currently playing the same game you are. I always found that really thoughtful.

Gears

I figured elphelt was gonna be dumb but she's actually pretty rad. All this rolling and shotgunning reminds me of my gears days

hao chi

I figured elphelt was gonna be dumb but she's actually pretty rad. All this rolling and shotgunning reminds me of my gears days

Yeah, I thought she looked incredibly unappealing based on what little we originally saw of her, but she looks like she's fun. I'm not considering changing mains, but she's a possible sub when/if I start learning someone else.

Prototype

I'm on pad on ps3, and I'm not having these input issues you guys keep talking about. My execution is fairly average as well.. eg, I struggle with some of the harder trials in Street Fighter.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm on pad on ps3, and I'm not having these input issues you guys keep talking about. My execution is fairly average as well.. eg, I struggle with some of the harder trials in Street Fighter.

ps3, we're talking about the PS4 DS4. I always thought the DS3's d-pad was pretty great, but DS4's d-pad is giving me problems here (DS4 d-pad is very different than DS3 d-pad). Even worse is unlike PS3 where there's a million other controllers, on PS4 there's not many (if any?) real alternatives at the moment, so if the DS4's d-pad is not up to snuff...that's bad.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
ps3, we're talking about the PS4 DS4. I always thought the DS3's d-pad was pretty great, but DS4's d-pad is giving me problems here (DS4 d-pad is very different than DS3 d-pad). Even worse is unlike PS3 where there's a million other controllers, on PS4 there's not many (if any?) real alternatives at the moment, so if the DS4's d-pad is not up to snuff...that's bad.

It feels like it's too big or something.

I hit moves more consistently on my Vita.

Prototype

OK, I guess you have a point, when I play SF4 at my friends house on PC I use one of his DS4 controllers and it does feel off. The d pad feels a little unnatural.

PS4 user here

My system says the DLC characters are downloaded but they're still locked on the character select screen, any idea why?

edit: had to restore DLC licenses.

I've not had this problem, have you tried a different pad to make sure the problem is not with your particular controller? Because not many people here are having this issue. And the inputs feel as tight to me as ac did on ps2 and ps3.

Purdy

Just asking this again as plan to buy tonight when home

If I'm in EU is there a preferred store to buy this on or no difference ? (Between NA/JP)

Sayad

If I'm in EU is there a preferred store to buy this on or no difference ? (Between NA/JP)
JP got the game earlier, so it might be the same for updates down the line. Can't think of anything else other than the price difference, if there is one.

JP got the game earlier, so it might be the same for updates down the line. Can't think of anything else other than the price difference, if there is one.

Uhhh well the big one is that Elphelt is free on the NA store. If the choice is between NA/JP then the obvious pick is NA at the moment.

Top Bottom