• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Kimosabae

Banned
Can someone explain Millia's new design to me? Is it referencing something? GGXX Millia was a throwback to 90's punk culture, right? If so, what is going on with this new one? It's not that it's bad, but it doesn't channel the spirit of the older design at all.

Tain

lol Gamestop sold me a PS3 copy in a PS4 case.

I was in a hurry to catch a movie and they couldn't find the disc for a minute or two (yeah yeah, don't shop at Gamestop but I had credit), but augh I want to be playing this.

At least I have KoF '98 on PC today.

Rhapsody

Banned
Can someone explain Millia's new design to me? Is it referencing something? GGXX Millia was a throwback to 90's punk culture, right? If so, what is going on with this new one? It's not that it's bad, but it doesn't channel the spirit of the older design at all.

Just reminds me of some Russian-like design for Xrd.

I do like how they decided to switch things up for some characters instead of going full nostalgia SF2 style.

Although some characters ended up getting more belt buckles instead lol

Zissou

My copy showed up at work, got my RAP4 yesteday.. tic-tock.

Nice to actually have a paper manual for a change. Almost forgot what those were like.

Subscribed. Good lookin' vids!

Faust is the first character I plan to mess with. Looks fun.

Thanks! Whenever I'm making videos, I'm always wondering if anybody will even watch them, haha.

FluxWaveZ

If anyone's available/willing, I'd like to fight them.

Can I just state how much I dispise the 632146 + O input? I hate it. It's dumb.

I prefer simpler inputs for everything, so I like P4A's 236236 or 214214 inputs for all supers, but 632146 is probably something you'll just adjust to with time. Right now, those are a problem for me to pull off in the heat of battle, as well.

Tonight I bought a second PS4 controller, GG Xrd, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2. $85 in savings. My wife was jumping up and down the entire time.

FluxWaveZ

You in the North-East by chance? I'll play if we're going to have a decent connection. If so, shoot me a PM or steal my PSN off my profile.

Uh, well I don't know. I have a decent connection against most people I play, but I live in Canada and that can create delays that some people aren't comfortable with.

Ok so clearly there are people who want to play, anyone starting up a lobby? Or do you all just want to go 1 on 1.

A lobby would be cool.

Sayad

They needed a hat to save them from having to properly connect all the different hair strands models to the main chunk of hair, now everything just goes under the hat and end there.
1rzmTgK.jpg

Russian hat because she's Russian, the rest of her outfit is just something that goes with the design(wouldn't make a lot of sense to make her show as much skin as before while wearing a winter hat). Nothing about it looks punk or even metal except maybe the belts and the finger-less gloves.

Even the [Z1-28] on her hat is not a band/song reference, it's referencing the date Zato-1's voice actor died(and thus Zato). "Shooting in the dark" is written on her shoulder though, which is a reference for Chroming Rose.

Rhapsody

Banned
Tonight I bought a second PS4 controller, GG Xrd, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2. $85 in savings. My wife was jumping up and down the entire time.

In anger or happiness? lol

Just picked this up, guessing dustloop is the best place to find info/tutorials /help for noobs?

Yes, and if you're interested in frame data, dustloop's wiki is a great place too.

It's still a WIP, but they also have descriptions on when you'd use some moves or why it's good.

Essay

Uh, well I don't know. I have a decent connection against most people I play, but I live in Canada and that can create delays that some people aren't comfortable with.

I'm in Ottawa. As long as you're not like past Sudbury or out in the Maritimes, I'm fine with it.

Prototype

Limited Edition worth it for this game? How is the learning curve?
I haven't played a guilty gear game in ages and I'm average at Street fighter and I played for about 20 mins and was pulling some stuff off. Not too hard imo, but I have no idea what the skill ceiling in this game is like.

In anger or happiness? lol

Yes, and if you're interested in frame data, dustloop's wiki is a great place too.

It's still a WIP, but they also have descriptions on when you'd use some moves or why it's good.
Thanks. Haven't been to the site in ages, will check it out in depth tomorrow.

Essay

Limited Edition worth it for this game? How is the learning curve?

The tutorial mode looks pretty decent, and I've noticed the combo trials pointing you in some good directions. It's a really deep game and takes effort to play competitively, and, while execution-difficulty is character-specific, every character tends to have some hard things to do. That said, no fighter feels better, or more rewarding to put time into.

Man, i'm winning with bedman but I don't understand most of his mechanics. I need a good simple damaging combo for him.

Whenever I fight against a Bedman, I don't even know what I'm looking at half the time. He's confusing as fuck to watch, I can't imagine playing him.

Yup. Hori pad. Feels bad man. I know guilty gear inputs are tighter than most, but it just feels super terrible.

Inputs online just feel mushy.

Agreed. I'm using a stock PS4 controller and I have to use weird shortcuts just to get certain moves out.

You would think that full motions would register but shortcuts would not but it's actually the other way around here.

Ferrio

Banned
Just had my best online latency yet. 3-4 frames solid. Might have to do with upgraded my internet package today and getting a new router... may of been luck.

p1b9LyR.png

wwm0nkey

Okay I'm doing decently better online nown, I still get fucked when I'm in the corner though but I can turn it around now and do the same to them.

Essay

GG's Flux! I learned so much about the new Zato. It's a tough matchup for him, but once you get your pressure and Eddie control down I think you'll do well.

EDIT:
I'm playing online with Essay right now and it feels smooth. A consistent 4f delay.

Yeah, it didn't feel bad at all. As good as same-province CP was for me, although the game isn't designed with the 5-frame input buffer in mind, so I don't know how people who don't have the muscle memory would do.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey is there anyone else around here who is pretty newish to Guilty Gear and not all that great? Want someone to play with tomorrow, and I'm playing on a controller, just wanted to find some around my skill level

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Welp..... I need an arcade stick. My thumb cannot handle this madness. Sony has forsaken me with the old ones not working. This is that bullshit.

Top Bottom