• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

TWILT

Banned
Been having a lot of fun with the game. Ky was my main in past GG games, so he's my main here, though I still really suck so far lol. He's still a lot of fun though; I'll keep maining him until Dizzy is playable via DLC/new version :p.

Netcode's been hit and miss so far for me. Most of the 4 bar connectons are only a 4-6f delay at most, though anything worse than that gets me 12f+ delays.

Somehow loving this game more than I thought I would. Going through the whole cast to see which characters I feel best playing as, but everyone has been a lot of fun so far. Faust, May, Venom, Ram, and Zato are on the short list for now. Also Millia, but I usually don't main characters that I feel everyone is probably going to flock to. Still have other characters that I haven't tried too like Sin and El.

Probably my favorite fighting game since Marvel 3. Probably better since it doesn't have X-Factor.

And on a somewhat unrelated note, the guys in the fighting community thread pretty much killed my Smash 4 hype. I'll still give a fair go come Christmas. I know I'll enjoy it to some degree on just the Nintnedo fanservice alone, plus some memorable moments screwing around with friends and family. But lasting appeal expectations have been diminished. Oh well. Worse case scenario, I'll still have Xrd to fall back on.

If you don't want to main characters that everyone is going to flock to then drop Faust, Ram, Zato, and Millia because they are all considered top tier and get heavy use.

RS4-

I find it harder to land stuff with Pot after the buster. Either I'm rusty or the window isn't as big as previous games.

are there any major differences between ps3 to ps4 versions of the game? i dont mind if ps4 is better visually than the ps3 version but as long as its 60fps and smooth on ps3 i'll probably get the game for my ps3 friday. Don't have ps4 yet still waiting.

are there any major differences between ps3 to ps4 versions of the game? i dont mind if ps4 is better visually than the ps3 version but as long as its 60fps and smooth on ps3 i'll probably get the game for my ps3 friday. Don't have ps4 yet still waiting.

It's 720/60 on PS3 and 1080/60 on PS4.

zlatko

Banned
Most fun I've had with the game so far. Thanks for the matches! :D

Only one moment of lag in all those matches from east coast to Colorado too.

Nice!

RS4-

Yay I'm getting pooed on. Let's do this!

Dem Hypa Bombs yo!

GGs! I gotta do a little work. So hard to finger flick fireballs, its just not as easy as before.

I need a stick too.

But yeah, pretty smooth. Between 2 and 6Fs on my end. Indeed, just that one 'waiting' screen or whatever for a second or two.

zlatko

Banned
GGs! I gotta do a little work. So hard to finger flick fireballs, its just not as easy as before.

I need a stick too.

But yeah, pretty smooth. Between 2 and 6Fs on my end. Indeed, just that one 'waiting' screen or whatever for a second or two.

I'm always up for more.

Thanks to you I just won my first ranked match---against Potemkin. :D

This game has so many systems/abilities. You hear people say that, but you don't really get it until you go through that whole training mode. Sweet Jesus. o_o

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This game has so many systems/abilities. You hear people say that, but you don't really get it until you go through that whole training mode. Sweet Jesus. o_o

The only thing you really need to know to get out the gate are Cancels, Just defend, Faultless Defense, and Dust.

and you can learn Just Defending last.

It's really simple once you take things step by step, but having all those options thrown at you at once can seem overwhelming at first.

Mesoian

Guilty gear is, as always, extremely complex.

The only thing you really need to know to get out the gate are Cancels, Just defend, Fauntless Defense, and Dust.

Was doing Faust's challenge mode last night and got to the instant attack cancel with faultless defense.

I did that like 10 times, and had no idea how or what I was doing to get it to trigger.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Guilty gear is, as always, extremely complex.

Was doing Faust's challenge mode last night and got to the instant attack cancel with faultless defense.

I did that like 10 times, and had no idea how or what I was doing to get it to trigger.

That's character specific, not everyone uses that. But you do his 2k move, hold down kick, and roll your hands to downback and another attack button.

You are basically canceling out the first few frames of that down drill move into faultless defense which because of the properties of j.2k it changes his momentum

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ya if I didn't freak all out. Don't think I've won the initiation after danger time yet.

Well they start off a clash, so you either use your fastest move, your safest move, or your most invincible move.

Edit: For example say I was playing Ky and I dp'd and I triggered Danger Time but Im in the air and they are below me. In this scenario I would press j.5p first because it will let me recover the fastest and let me block. Once neutral has returned even during danger time play the match like a normal match

Sayad

Special effects look better on PS4 as well. Ky's moves look like shit on ps3 :D
Dat PS3 version of Ride the Lightning.
cringe.png

Kioshen

Is there a demo of this game for PS3 ? There was one for PS4 but none that I could find for PS3 :(.

Since I'm pretty strapped for time currently is this game execution heavy ? I can't pour lots of time into a fighter like I used to. I'm probably not looking at the right character if I-No strikes my fancy uh ?

SoldnerKei

so JP Elphet will available in a couple of hours right?? the wait, it's a real struggle P:

I have been using Ky but I don't get used to his new tools, always forget about his grinders, thou I don't really know how usefuls they're, haven't hit online yet nor watched videos, so I have been using him pretty much blindly and trying to see what works from his previous games, any tip regarding this new Ky is welcome

Rhapsody

Banned
I think I'm one of the few that goes into faultless defense at the start of Danger Time.

Everyone else just mashes 2PPPPP lol

I'm not going to risk mashing too many buttons until I reach neutral safely.

SykoTech

Smash is fn if you don't take it seriously.

Xrd is just plain FUN

That's probably how it's going to turn out. Though Smash used be fun to me no matter how I played it. 64 and Melee anyway. Oh well. Should definitely be better than Brawl no matter what, so I'm still looking forward to it.

If you don't want to main characters that everyone is going to flock to then drop Faust, Ram, Zato, and Millia because they are all considered top tier and get heavy use.

Haha, well the lines gotta be drawn somewhere. There are only so many characters in this game.

Maybe I'll try May out more then. Haven't used Chip or Slayer that much yet either.

do you guys think wizard will add this game to the evo list next year?

I think it will. It's a new game in a decently popular series and I would like if it got more exposure. Also there are quite a few USF4/UMVC3 tournament players that have played GG for years and I am sure they would love to have it at EVO as well.

I'm sure arc will push for them to feature it on mainstage and have an extra pot bonus for the winner. They can also fly over some top JP players for the tournament as well which would be awesome even if they do wipe the floor with most players.

Top Bottom