• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

hao chi

I think I'm one of the few that goes into faultless defense at the start of Danger Time.

Everyone else just mashes 2PPPPP lol

I'm not going to risk mashing too many buttons until I reach neutral safely.

Yeah, I do the same. I'd rather not mash buttons and hope I come out on top.

Kureizu

Finding tons of people now with exactly 12 frames of delay for some reason.

I'm having that issue when playing against two friends with the US version (I'm using the asian one)

Another friend with the asian version has the exact same problem but playing between us is fine, 2 or 3 frames.

All of us on PS4. I think the US version hasn't got the 1.0.2 patch yet, so that might be causing the issue.

That's probably how it's going to turn out. Though Smash used be fun to me no matter how I played it. 64 and Melee anyway. Oh well. Should definitely be better than Brawl no matter what, so I'm still looking forward to it.

Haha, well the lines gotta be drawn somewhere. There are only so many characters in this game.

Maybe I'll try May out more then. Haven't used Chip or Slayer that much yet either.

Chipp is a lot of fun to play but is only effective if you like rushdown, pedal to the metal style of playing and when he gets hit he gets hit HARD. Slayer was tons of fun in previous GG I haven't played with him yet so I am not sure how the new changes have affected his gameplay.

I dunno if it's been happening to anyone else, but sometimes my room (PS3) or my friend's room (PS4) just won't appear for the other when we search. Hopefully the PS3 patch helps iron that out whenever it does come out.

Volcynika

I read that they disabled crossplay on PS4 for now until PS3 gets an online patch, that's why I can't invite my PS3 friend. Is that true?

The only reasons I believe crossplay wouldn't work between the two is based on the patches both versions have received. If they're not on the same version of the game, I doubt they'd be compatible to play together. And something is funky about PS4 and invites, so that may be it.

Purdy

Anyone know how I can fix this issue. The top of my screen is cut off and the bottom slightly and using the 'adjust app screen' thing in settings doesn't seem to change it for any game tbh, so when mine records it comes out fine but looking at it normally I see this.

317368447d.jpg

(recording for comparison

Ok, so I'm a little confused. I've seen people talking about patches a lot, but I have no idea which version is patched and which isn't. What I do know is that, even though Xrd came out in the US yesterday, there was a patch for the US version last Tuesday (12/9), but that's it. There wasn't any other patch for that version. The patch all of you are talking about is for the JP version? The PS4 JP version is already patched but the PS3 version isn't? And the US patch isn't up to date with that patch? I'm not sure if I'm understanding all of this correctly.

Ferrio

Banned
Ok, so I'm a little confused. I've seen people talking about patches a lot, but I have no idea which version is patched and which isn't. What I do know is that, even though Xrd came out in the US yesterday, there was a patch for the US version last Tuesday (12/9), but that's it. There wasn't any other patch for that version. The patch all of you are talking about is for the JP version? The PS4 JP version is already patched but the PS3 version isn't? And the US patch isn't up to date with that patch? I'm not sure if I'm understanding all of this correctly.

All I know is PS4 JP got a patch on saturday, and people with PS3 didn't. Not sure if it's all PS3s or just non japanese.

Rhapsody

Banned
Anyone know how I can fix this issue. The top of my screen is cut off and the bottom slightly and using the 'adjust app screen' thing in settings doesn't seem to change it for any game tbh, so when mine records it comes out fine but looking at it normally I see this.

Are you on PS3? If you go to options. One of the choices is something along the lines of screen setting.
You can choose Type A, B, or C I think.

I'm not sure if PS4 has it though.

I laugh at people trying to do airdash crossup mixups with Sol lol

If you mean air dashing past and landing one hit, that's actually normal. Air dashing in neutral doesn't really serve to net you a BnB.

MGrant

Teach me how to use May. Once someone gets in my face, I get creamed.

I do love her "There is no God!" reaction to Faust's finger-butt super, though.

Purdy

Are you on PS3? If you go to options. One of the choices is something along the lines of screen setting.

If you mean air dashing past and landing one hit, that's actually normal. Air dashing in neutral doesn't really serve to net you a BnB.

Unfortunately not seeing anything like that :(

Nyoro SF

No I mean stuff like trying to jump over me then airdash backwards to try and be tricky with Sol, his backwards airdash is soooooo slow I can block it ONLINE of all things.

He's not really meant to be played that way. He's a grounded bully, tough to deal with a lot of his stuff if he mixes up his ground approach.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If you play sol you are either air dashing at a dude on the ground behind a gun flame, pressing 5k if they are jumping at you, or you are just doing whatever the fuck you want because you are sol

Kimosabae

Banned
Allright, so I just played online for about an hour after switching to Japanese voices and it was much better. I can't be sure that the voiceovers made the experience much better, though, because I had one match last night before bed that was only 2-3 frames of delay and it was the one and only match I'd had like that since I've had the game. So it could have been something on Arc's end.

Most of my matches were between 4-5, had a few that were 2-3, and a few that brought me back to the 9-10 ghetto. 2-3 is fine. Doesn't quite feel like offline, though. 4-5 is playable, but nothing that would inspire me to take online seriously. I think I got one low air dash that entire hour. It's already hard enough to time in this game.

9-10 I'll probably just start dropping the match and taking the L. Not even worth the time.

All in all, I'm still withholding judgement, because the game is still new, I still suck at it.

xezuru

I wish they released that game on PS2 in NA. Only ever got to mess around with it in some random arcade that had a cab. Now those are a thing of the past around here.

I remember in my younger days, a bootleg translated version on PC but I don't know where the fuck that was, I just remember even level 1 difficulty trashed me.
Edit: I think i'm thinking of this game, i don't remember

Top Bottom