• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Dubz

I've never played this series, but I want to learn. Anybody got any good links for noobs?

Also if anyone wants to play my PSN ID is Dubzinator. (PS4)

Online seems to be in an unplayable state for me.

Every match I'm getting has been 12f delay since the patch while it seems like my opponents are moving without any difficulty at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I can't figure out how to play with friends online...I created a room and my friend can't see it.

Is he in the same lobby? Did you make a player match and he's looking in the lobby for the room? Are one of you on ps3 and the other on ps4?

Dubz

This online set up is really dumb. Why not be like every other fighting game and be able to invite your friends to play?

KAOS

Liking GG Xrd but I guess I'm to use to playing KI with the X1 controller that ds4 doesn't seem to click with me for fighters. Time to get a Madcatz joystick!

Coda

Liking GG Xrd but I guess I'm to use to playing KI with the X1 controller that ds4 doesn't seem to click with me for fighters. Time to get a Madcatz joystick!

Dude it's killing me. Killer Instinct on pad wasn't that bad because the game probably reads inputs easily mixed with the 3D I guess. Guilty Gear is such an anime fighter in terms of reading your inputs, gotta be mad precise.

I'm hoping I get my stick back soon, because I literally can't play this game online with a controller.

Hubb

What is the best way for practicing jump cancelling into an air dash? I'm doing a challenge that has that combo and even though I got lucky and finished the challenge, I recognize I suck at this.

Sometimes I get it right and most of the time it is way off, not sure if there is a trick I am just missing or I don't fully understand the timing.

fader

What is the best way for practicing jump cancelling into an air dash? I'm doing a challenge that has that combo and even though I got lucky and finished the challenge, I recognize I suck at this.

Sometimes I get it right and most of the time it is way off, not sure if there is a trick I am just missing or I don't fully understand the timing.

the best way for super jump dash is 1956, make sure you are getting the cancel timing down it can be a little hard sometimes to get.

It took a little to get used to but if you're doing just a jump then you're doing it too early, if the attack doesn't connect then you're doing it too late.

Hubb

It took a little to get used to but if you're doing just a jump then you're doing it too early, if the attack doesn't connect then you're doing it too late.

What winds up happening the most for me is I do jump cancel into an air dash, but I am way too slow to continue the combo. It is very rare that I get the timing just right for this challenge and am able to follow it up with the rest of the chain. Any time I try to go faster it usually just doesn't work. I may try recording myself and try to watch when I get lucky exactly when the timing is suppose to be.

the best way for super jump dash is 1956, make sure you are getting the cancel timing down it can be a little hard sometimes to get.

At the point I am trying to jump cancel into an air dash I am already in the air. Should I still doing the 19 motion?

fader

anyone wanna play on the east coast?

What winds up happening the most for me is I do jump cancel into an air dash, but I am way too slow to continue the combo. It is very rare that I get the timing just right for this challenge and am able to follow it up with the rest of the chain. Any time I try to go faster it usually just doesn't work. I may try recording myself and try to watch when I get lucky exactly when the timing is suppose to be.

At the point I am trying to jump cancel into an air dash I am already in the air. Should I still doing the 19 motion?

oh no just do 96 then

GoaThief

I've never played this series, but I want to learn. Anybody got any good links for noobs?

Also if anyone wants to play my PSN ID is Dubzinator. (PS4)

Will add, just got this today and I'm completely new to air dashers. Not a huge fighting game player for that matter either but I do enjoy the odd one now and again.

I really like it thus far, did the arcade mode with I-no first, then Sol. Watched some of the story afterwards but literally fell asleep in the process so will have to resume that tomorrow. For those who've seen it all, roughly how long is the run time?

SoldnerKei

finally was able to download elphet, I liked her, gonna mess around more with her

I was unable to buy her from the JP psn, but getting to the store from the game allowed me to buy her, weird...

Every ranked match is a 7F(rame?) delay for me. Also apparently Canada doesn't exist. Grrrr. Back to the lab I guess.

Also I keep getting... Challenged or something? The game keeps telling me someone wants to fight but I don't see a single goddamn way to accept.

Prototype

I'm terrible with Zato... The whole Eddie thing fuck's me up, release for his moves, press for zato.. I just suck at it.

So it looks like Ino and Millia for now.

Jazz-ism

Banned
these new colors

Kreygasm.gif

Skilletor

All of these online play horror stories are doing nothing to keep my hype inflated for the LE release next week.

I thought you wanted them to go bankrupt and suck on cocks or something. lol

Love Leo. Normals have really good range. I think how good he'll be will depend on frame data when going into backturned stuff. His HS fireball is going to be really good with YRCs.

Top Bottom