• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Are those PS+/Tron colours up yet? I saw someone use them last night but I couldn't find them anywhere on the store(browser).

I checked both JP and NA PSN.

Do you know the person well? You would have to log in to the JP account to download it, but after that you wouldn't need to.

However, I would be worried about sharing with a person I don't know because that person could sell you the game, and then de-authorize (?) the licenses on the 2nd system (yours) at a later date. Since you can only gameshare between two consoles, the person who owns the account could change the password, transfer the license, and you wouldn't have access to the game anymore.

Sounds okay, just be sure you trust the person.

The game would be fine as long as he never uses the profile with that account tho. It's how you do a 4 people gameshare unless I misunderstood what you're talking about.

Volcynika

Are those PS+/Tron colours up yet? I saw someone use them last night but I couldn't find them anywhere on the store(browser).

I checked both JP and NA PSN.

Someone probably hacked them to be used or something. This is the NA schedule http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/12/16/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-release-day-announcement/

EDIT: Also I didn't see your avatar before I changed mine to the current one, and I want a transparent background to and was almost tempted to just reverse yours horizontally so we'd be different :p

Hugstable

Banned
Elphelt is so fun! Not only am I liking how she fights, but her whole personality is pretty hilarious. I think I just found me a new main.

Mesoian

Elphelt is so fun! Not only am I liking how she fights, but her whole personality is pretty hilarious. I think I just found me a new main.

Elphelt has been a fun secondary to my faust. She gets beat up in rush down a bit but she can keep people guessing up close.

Someone probably hacked them to be used or something. This is the NA schedule http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/12/16/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-release-day-announcement/

EDIT: Also I didn't see your avatar before I changed mine to the current one, and I want a transparent background to and was almost tempted to just reverse yours horizontally so we'd be different :p

Haha I didn't even notice because I actually have all images turned off when i'm on GAF (i'm usually at work when i'm on here). I'll probably change mine soon anyways.

Hugstable

Banned
These missions kinda feel like BS if trying to go for S-Ranks, it seems to have too much of a random aspect to it. Doing mission 5 right now, and I go for the sweep into the stun dipper, and sometimes Sol will not block it which is when I get success, but then another turn he blocks it which means I fail it. It's just strange as I'm not doing the input any different or anything. Getting kinda frustrating trying to aim for S-ranks on something like this.

Takuan

Do you know the person well? You would have to log in to the JP account to download it, but after that you wouldn't need to.

However, I would be worried about sharing with a person I don't know because that person could sell you the game, and then de-authorize (?) the licenses on the 2nd system (yours) at a later date. Since you can only gameshare between two consoles, the person who owns the account could change the password, transfer the license, and you wouldn't have access to the game anymore.

Sounds okay, just be sure you trust the person.

Thanks for the info. He's a stranger but says he'll deactivate the account from his PS4 afterward. He'll be giving me the account/pw to download the game from PSN, so couldn't I just change the account information once he hands it over to protect myself?

More questions for import owners:

1. Does JP have English subs?

2. Will I be connecting to JP servers all the time when playing online?

wwm0nkey

Thanks for the info. He's a stranger but says he'll deactivate the account from his PS4 afterward. He'll be giving me the account/pw to download the game from PSN, so couldn't I just change the account information once he hands it over to protect myself?

Yes. No, you choose the server.

SykoTech

These missions kinda feel like BS if trying to go for S-Ranks, it seems to have too much of a random aspect to it. Doing mission 5 right now, and I go for the sweep into the stun dipper, and sometimes Sol will not block it which is when I get success, but then another turn he blocks it which means I fail it. It's just strange as I'm not doing the input any different or anything. Getting kinda frustrating trying to aim for S-ranks on something like this.

With that Mission, you are not suppose to use Stun Dipper unless you're attacks connect. If Sol blocks, stop you're combo before putting in the Stun Dipper input, and you won't fail. Only use that when your first attacks connect. The point of the mission is to teach you to refrain from using moves that can leave yourself open when an opponent is blocking.

If you're not paying attention to if he blocked or not before doing stun dipper then you're kinda missing the entire point of the mission.

Don't just sweep, do 5P 5K 5S 2D Stun Dipper, that should give you enough time to react.

Skilletor

Sounds legit.
Yes
No, p2p and no region locking

Mesoian

Is Millia's jump in throw specific to her, or can anyone do that? I swear, someone was lighting me up last night with that.

Volcynika

Story mode with a turbo controller? Go do something else for 30+ minutes, come back to 100k?

Well that's good but sadly only can be done once. I may have to stick to doing arcade mode as I can only do about 17-20 challenges per character before my brain starts to break.

Essay

Is Millia's jump in throw specific to her, or can anyone do that? I swear, someone was lighting me up last night with that.

Millia jumping at you and just landing and throwing? Anyone can do it, but it's pretty legit for her because her jump arc is so quick, and she scares you from anti-airing her because of the threat of Hair Pin. You could try to throw her first, but it's still a gamble, and could get you counter hit if she still has an airdash or pin. Your best bet is to position yourself better so she can't land right beside you, as her horrible throw range would give you a chance to counter poke if she has to walk/dash up after landing.

Kimosabae

Banned
If you're not paying attention to if he blocked or not before doing stun dipper then you're kinda missing the entire point of the mission.

Don't just sweep, do 5P 5K 5S 2D Stun Dipper, that should give you enough time to react.

Exactly. You're trying to learn something. What you're learning is called "hit confirming" and is an essential skill to elevate above base level not just in Xrd, but fighting games in general. Value these missions for more than just the points/ranks.

It's fantastic stuff.

Mesoian

What were they doing, just jumping in and throwing you? Anyone can do that.

Like instantly. On whiff or block, 1 frame after she hit the ground resulted in a throw. Seemingly no option select, just jump in and boom, throw. It was crazy.

Millia jumping at you and just landing and throwing? Anyone can do it, but it's pretty legit for her because her jump arc is so quick, and she scares you from anti-airing her because of the threat of Hair Pin. You could try to throw her first, but it's still a gamble, and could get you counter hit if she still has an airdash or pin. Your best bet is to position yourself better so she can't land right beside you, as her horrible throw range would give you a chance to counter poke if she has to walk/dash up after landing.

Perhaps. I was using bedman at the time who's 5a pokes are garbage against small characters. It could have simply been a case of a secondary whiff.

I need to start streaming so I can go over the game film the next day.

OceanBlue

Like instantly. On whiff or block, 1 frame after she hit the ground resulted in a throw. Seemingly no option select, just jump in and boom, throw. It was crazy.

You're throw invincible for 6 frames after blockstun, so I feel like you should be able to press a fast button or get your grab out first. As for whiff, maybe they're just mashing throw on landing?

It's not that you can buffer the IAD in total, but you can buffer the 9 input, and if you're conscious of that, you just input 6 with the right timing and you get your iAD. It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

I see! I appreciate your help, as well. In all the years I've played GG, I've only now begun to experiment with IADs. I would just only play Potemkin, who didn't need that sort of thing.

Mesoian

You're throw invincible for 6 frames after blockstun, so I feel like you should be able to press a fast button or get your grab out first. As for whiff, maybe they're just mashing throw on landing?

Maybe, but I feel like the frame buffer would make that, at best, unreliable and, at worse, an easy way to push yourself out of throw range on whiff. It was like, every time though. Super nuts.

Can't you just watch replays?

Yeah, but not at work :)

Kysen

My chronus max arrived today and now I can use my PS3 stick on PS4. The only down side is requiring a pc/laptop passthrough to get around the DS4 authentication. Everything is mapable except for the touchpad swipe gesture and its also lag free.

I'm usually the one that ends up getting thrown if I try this haha. I think you're showing this Millia too much respect.

Does anyone know the status of the GGXrd TE2 sticks? They've said sold out since release has there been a delay or was it just a one time available stick?

Anybody down for a lobby right now? I'm bored and I suck and would like to play with some other people hopefully with a decent connection. I'll be in District 7b Southwest 4. Lobby name is gaf

dem0neyes

Does anyone know the status of the GGXrd TE2 sticks? They've said sold out since release has there been a delay or was it just a one time available stick?

They are limited sticks but i heard there is going to be another run of them in in Jan/Feb and its first come first serve.

How do I do instant kills again? I haven't played GG in forever, and I can't even find anything in the manual outside of a mention that they exist.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PKSHS to activate
then qcfx2 + HS

At least I'm sure it was HS

Unless it has changed, yes it was HS in XX.

Any particular conditions that need to exist first? Final round, full meter, etc?

Again, unless things are different the only requirement is that is it the final round. Once you activate IK, your meter will start draining. Once it depletes, your health will start draining.

You can do iks whenever it's been like that since gg1

There are special conditions that are similar to the BB/P4 game ending ones where the IK activation is kinda different and the bar glows golden instead of red? Somebody should probably give a better explanation of what it is, I think someone said it lets you combo into the IK.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There are special conditions that are similar to the BB/P4 game ending ones where the IK activation is kinda different and the bar glows golden instead of red? Somebody should probably give a better explanation of what it is, I think someone said it lets you combo into the IK.

Yeah it adds a time stop to the IK activation so you can combo into it

Top Bottom