• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Thanks to the extraordinary generosity of rookiejet, I now have access to the PS3 version of this game.

So, who here wants to play and is the suckiest suck that ever sucked so I can play someone on my level?

Onemic

Man, I wish save states were in this game. It would make practicing Ram's setups a lot less annoying due to everything being sword specific.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks to the extraordinary generosity of rookiejet, I now have access to the PS3 version of this game.

So, who here wants to play and is the suckiest suck that ever sucked so I can play someone on my level?

I can dick around with random characters if you want to try our connection. :p

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Why do people keep on throwing out variations on this false dichotomy as if the only options are "Push button to win" or "100 hours in practice mode"? Theres a huge excluded middle there which is what people are talking about, not these reductio ad absurdum extremes.

Who is actually being pushed out here? Come on.

I think the akishop pcb now has PS4 support, if you're looking to mod
I have a standing cab with 2 player controls using godlike controls Chimp boards. The PS360+ from akishop sortve works but every 8 minutes the ps4 rejects it due to not having a blue tooth handshake. If they could bypass that is buy it and replace my chimps, but as of now all they have managed is a soft reset you have to press every 8 minutes

Momentary

Banned
I think the akishop pcb now has PS4 support, if you're looking to mod

So the PCB times out at 8 minutes and you have to do a soft reset to make sure that it continues to work? That's not so bad if you do it right before a match starts I guess. Plus it comes with I wonder how much B15SDM DESIGNS would charge for a Junkyard Dog MKIII style stick.

Seeing as a fully loaded DIY case from them is around $400, I'm guessing my dream arcade stick will cost over $1000 easy.

I can dick around with random characters if you want to try our connection. :p
I am doing stuff like learning the inputs right now. I don't know how much I would get to play, but if no one else is around tomorrow I will do it just for an opponent.

Also, I set my buttons up like this:
P S HS
K D

Thoughts? I wanted D in the K spot because it is a Marvel launcher, but then something goes to D, and that is my hardest button to push. Since Zato doesn't seem to use D much, it made sense to put it there. I also wanted S and HS next to each other as a mnemonic device for remembering drill distance. If they are set vertically it confuses me. :p

Bleep

I am doing stuff like learning the inputs right now. I don't know how much I would get to play, but if no one else is around tomorrow I will do it just for an opponent.

P S HS
K D

Thoughts? I wanted D in the K spot because it is a Marvel launcher, but then something goes to D, and that is my hardest button to push. Since Zato doesn't seem to use D much, it made sense to put it there. I also wanted S and HS next to each other as a mnemonic device for remembering drill distance. If they are set vertically it confuses me. :p

I use the arcade layout for Guilty Gear:

20130807_212226_thumbowujo.jpg

This layout gives easy access to each button so you can have a finger on each input if required, which is helpful for Zato players.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

P S HS
K D

I recommend the way it's in the picture Bleep posted, but yeah P on top ::p

addyb

Sorry guys been out of the loop for a while. Is there any fightsticks available for this. Do any of the ps3 sticks not work? I originally had a SFIV stick when that first launched.

Bebpo

Banned
Man, I suck at this game more than any game I can remember in years. I used to play GG during XX/XX# Reload days on ps2 but nothing's coming back. Went through tutorial and challenge mode with everyone (as much as I could on the combos; don't have the reflexes to pull off the crazy ones) and thought I had a handle on it. But jumped into mission training and M.O.M. Mode and can't beat anything. I'm playing arcade mode with AI on beginner right now so at least I can win and feel good about getting used to the characters.

My problems are really that everything seems so fast, like I don't reflexes/reaction speed to stay on top of it. Which is weird cause GG's always been this fast and combo heavy; I guess it's just been a while. And small 3-4 hit BnBs seem to do barely any damage so gotta keep them up while not getting pulverized by the cpu doing a few heavy hitting longer combos.

Not sure who I'm gonna try to main. I used to play Sol, Slayer, Baiken, Dizzy, but I'm really bored of Sol these days and Slayer feels pretty different here. Bedman seems pretty interesting but complex In combos and smaller move list, and Sin seems fun. Potemkin seems a lot more mobile this time around which is cool. Pretty much everyone seems formidable, but most are also pretty complex.

What's a good way to get better once you've been through the training stuff?

Holy shit post patch netcode IS FUCKING TERRIBLE

Hmm.

Has it effected your connection against players on the same platform or is it just effecting the crossplay? Kind of disappointing to hear coming from an ArcSys title, especially since the netcode wasn't reported to be very good to begin with.

Edit : I guess I feel like I'm missing a basis for comparison here. Where does Xrd post patch netcode stand compared to Vanilla MvC3, KOF13 (console), GGXXAC +R, or like ... other games with genuinely terrible netcode.

I use the arcade layout for Guilty Gear:

20130807_212226_thumbowujo.jpg

This layout gives easy access to each button so you can have a finger on each input if required, which is helpful for Zato players.

Why have D there instead of one to the left? I find it easier to shift my thumb over from K than bring my ring finger down from HS.

Sorry guys been out of the loop for a while. Is there any fightsticks available for this. Do any of the ps3 sticks not work? I originally had a SFIV stick when that first launched.
There are no PS4 sticks unless you want to spend $200 on a Hori and swap out the buttons.

Kimosabae

Banned
Hmm.

Has it effected your connection against players on the same platform or is it just effecting the crossplay? Kind of disappointing to hear coming from an ArcSys title, especially since the netcode wasn't reported to be very good to begin with.

Edit : I guess I feel like I'm missing a basis for comparison here. Where does Xrd post patch netcode stand compared to Vanilla MvC3, KOF13 (console), GGXXAC +R, or like ... other games with genuinely terrible netcode.
When it works, it's one of the better games out there. Not Skullgirls or KI good, but good. When it doesn't, it's MVC3 tier. That's literally been 95% of my matches.

Sayad

Not sure who I'm gonna try to main. I used to play Sol, Slayer, Baiken, Dizzy, but I'm really bored of Sol these days and Slayer feels pretty different here. Bedman seems pretty interesting but complex In combos and smaller move list, and Sin seems fun. Potemkin seems a lot more mobile this time around which is cool. Pretty much everyone seems formidable, but most are also pretty complex.

What's a good way to get better once you've been through the training stuff?
If you're haveing difficulty with long combos and think Sin is fun, he might be a good match for you, his short(3 or 4 hits) combos can still be pretty damaging.

I've still been dicking around in Reload and I can't for the life of me rewire my brain to accept K being above P. I really tried but nope nope nope.

When it works, it's one of the better games out there. Not Skullgirls or KI good, but good. When it doesn't, it's MVC3 tier. That's literally been 95% of my matches.

I guess that's reasonable, I played enough MvC3 online to not have been too bothered by it but I guess Xrd is a little more strict on the execution side than vanilla Marvel was. We'll see.

addyb

Why have D there instead of one to the left? I find it easier to shift my thumb over from K than bring my ring finger down from HS.

There are no PS4 sticks unless you want to spend $200 on a Hori and swap out the buttons.

Thanks mate. I noticed sticks on the madcatz site for pre order. Anyone have any idea when these are out?

you should'nt even be playing people who suck, you should be getting destroyed so you can learn!

>:D
Not when I don't know the system or buttons yet. I need players that suck to start with. Once I have the buttons, mechanics, and a few combos down, then I am fine with playing anyone. I am pretty good at learning FGs, though, and I have my own system for learning. :)

Thanks mate. I noticed sticks on the madcatz site for pre order. Anyone have any idea when these are out?
First batch went out this week I think. Next batch arrives in January.

fader

I've still been dicking around in Reload and I can't for the life of me rewire my brain to accept K being above P. I really tried but nope nope nope.

I'm glad I am not the only one who is having this problem. This is the first time I am playing GG on a stick during Reload era I played it entirely on a pad and It's so hard to adjust to K being above P.

This has been my first GG game and I'm loving it. One complaint I've been seeing in this thread that I've not been experiencing are the lag issues. So much, in fact, that this has been my best online experience with a fighing game, EVER. The worst I've seen the lag go was up to 6-8 frames of delay, but it's still leagues above UMVC3 (which is unplayable for me with all its lag, all my Dante tech is impossible to nail properly in the online environment) and better on average than USF4.

I'm around 20 matches in, and already think this is going to be one of my most played FG games, just because of how much better the online is compared to some of my other favorite fighting games. BTW, I'm in South America, so having international matches with a consistent low lag through all of them has been a revelation (its usually the other way around, with bad internet providers, distance between players, and all that). Bummed to see some guys having a different experience, hope it gets patched for everyone.

This has been my first GG game and I'm loving it. One complaint I've been seeing in this thread that I've not been experiencing are the lag issues. So much, in fact, that this has been my best online experience with a fighing game, EVER. The worst I've seen the lag go was up to 6-8 frames of delay, but it's still leagues above UMVC3 (which is unplayable for me with all its lag, all my Dante tech is impossible to nail properly in the online environment) and better on average than USF4.

I'm around 20 matches in, and already think this is going to be one of my most played FG games, just because of how much better the online is compared to some of my other favorite fighting games. BTW, I'm in South America, so having international matches with a consistent low lag through all of them has been a revelation (its usually the other way around, with bad internet providers, distance between players, and all that). Bummed to see some guys having a different experience, hope it gets patched for everyone.
Do you suck really bad, by chance?

Skilletor

The Kuro buttons are extremely mushy and tend to stay depressed, not to mention they make this hideous noise I'll link below. Give me Sanwa/Seimitsu any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_vtJShSZEo

Skip to 1:00

Yeah, they're horrible. I've got two fightingedges and both sets of kuros make a similar sound, they stick, they suck. I was trying to break in a set and how horrible the buttons are just made me rage quit after a match.

shaowebb

O_O thats...thats terrible.

Pompadour

I haven't really had any lag issues either. The only problem I've had is that it's a pain to find a Ranked Match.

Skilletor

I haven't really had any lag issues either. The only problem I've had is that it's a pain to find a Ranked Match.

Me either. Never anything above 7 frames except with one friend. Have a group of friends I've been playing with and my lag is consistently 2-4 frame delay. Not even having problems with cross platform play.

I don't go out of my way to play different people, though, so I can't comment about connecting with randoms. hahaha

Volcynika

I had to re-organize my living room after I bought a new TV and now I need a longer ethernet cable to reach the ole PS4. With wireless I get about a 5-6F delay on avg.

zlatko

Banned

You already know I'm Sigma Free on Arturo's scale.

Meet me somewhere!

I'm not on now, but can be if you are up for it. I will be using a few characters---I won't start with Venom since I feel I can win matches with him somewhat, but my Slayer, Milia, and Sin are all ready for some mashing to win matches.

zlatko

Banned
... How do I burst in Xrd? I thought it was all buttons at once, or L1 for the preset controls, but L1 is roman cancels, and I don't seem to ever get a burst hitting L1 and Circle, or all four inputs.

... How do I burst in Xrd? I thought it was all buttons at once, or L1 for the preset controls, but L1 is roman cancels, and I don't seem to ever get a burst hitting L1 and Circle, or all four inputs.

Dust+Another attack button

Roman Cancel is any three attack buttons excluding dust

Volcynika

It's in the OP!

(Dust + other button me thinks) Or L2.

Top Bottom