• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

For now, I say learn the j.S safejump and just stick with that. Once you've got it down and are comfortable with it, you can try the other stuff. Considering netplay, people are probably gonna be wakeup DP happy anyway, so it'll really ruin their day.
One of the missions teaches you this safe jump lol. Guess I'll just practice that.

zlatko

Banned
Going to make a lobby in about 15ish minutes or sooner.

It'll be the most populated east coast lobby for the new york area.

I will name it NeoGAF Casuals.

Onemic

So, yesterday's post patch netcode impressions are the complete opposite of my experience two days ago. 90% of my matches were 8f-15-f with 12 frames being the average. I had maybe 4 or so matches where the delay was 6f or below. Most of my matches were with 4 bars too. The patch made things way worse than they were before.

Finally got a PS4 copy this morning. Only played Arcade real quick with Millia since I'm stepping out for the day, but wow, coming from using her AC+ (I haven't actually played AC+R yet, might fix that soon), I felt completely at home with her. Going to probably unlock Sin when I get back, unlock the X2 songs I want, do the tutorial, then hit the lab with her.

You already know I'm Sigma Free on Arturo's scale.

Meet me somewhere!

I'm not on now, but can be if you are up for it. I will be using a few characters---I won't start with Venom since I feel I can win matches with him somewhat, but my Slayer, Milia, and Sin are all ready for some mashing to win matches.
I am getting on now. Lets learn!

Edit: somehow I won a match. I am so bad. All matches are 2-4 frame delay, though.

Essay

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";144158485]Why doesn't my ino bnb work on Ky -_-[/QUOTE]

Which bnb? I remember that the easy corner etc 6P 5H jc j. H stuff was finicky against him, so I was just always doing sjc IAD j.K-S xx ffVCL. Of course, that hard as heck online.... Or are you talking about the stuff after the IAD j.K-S xx ffVCL?

Near the corner you could also do jc tk.H.Dive and then c.S as long as you're not pushed out more than 3 hits from point blank.

Prototype

Having some issues with some combos not working on certain characters. Like Faust for instance. Some of my Ino combos just miss him... Was hoping to have a few universal combos and work from there. Will have to rework a few things now.

Pre-any patch the highest I would see was 7f delay.

Now pretty much every match is 12f delay specifically regardless of what the connection bar says.

Can we go back to previous versions like in the past BB games?

This is kind of killing the game for me. Since there's no point in putting any effort into winning when almost every match you play is like you're moving in quicksand.

Pre-any patch the highest I would see was 7f delay.

Now pretty much every match is 12f delay specifically regardless of what the connection bar says.

Can we go back to previous versions like in the past BB games?

This is kind of killing the game for me. Since there's no point in putting any effort into winning when almost every match you play is like you're moving in quicksand.

People said I was crazy to think that pre patch was better. I have yet to see 4f delay since. Its either 8f or higher, and it feels worse too.

K.Sabot

Just did 16 straight hours of XRD with a couple friends, was the first time I got to play it for longer than an hour. Felt goooood.

Which bnb? I remember that the easy corner etc 6P 5H jc j. H stuff was finicky against him, so I was just always doing sjc IAD j.K-S xx ffVCL. Of course, that hard as heck online.... Or are you talking about the stuff after the IAD j.K-S xx ffVCL?

Near the corner you could also do jc tk.H.Dive and then c.S as long as you're not pushed out more than 3 hits from point blank.
I dunno, I make 100% of my own combos lol, I dunno what the typical stuff really looks like.

JoeFenix

Netcode really hasn't been any different for me, did a couple hours of online play this morning and it never went above 5-6 frames mostly 2-4.

Same as pre-patch really. My experience with the game is very limited but it's all been really solid, I'm surprised honestly.

Played about 30 people, and my delay was never higher than 5F. Only one connection was bad, and it was probably wireless on his end.

I think I went like 3-40, lol. Every time I found someone on my level and could potentially win a match, they left. I even played the people that almost perfected me, but they got bored. -_-

Silver_key

Neo Member
Netcode really hasn't been any different for me, did a couple hours of online play this morning and it never went above 5-6 frames mostly 2-4.

Same as pre-patch really. My experience with the game is very limited but it's all been really solid, I'm surprised honestly.

I'm hoping I can get to where you are. I usually can't connect to anyone. The two times I did I must have had 10+ frame delay. Tried to enter a lobby room and crashed. Ports open, static IP, wired, FIOS, yadda. I'm gonna reset my router to factory and give it another go I guess. Much more likely to be my networking than the fact I have the HK PSN version.

It's gotten to the point where I'm getting excited when I'm finding 5f connections. Even then those start at 12f and work their way down. It's entirely possible that it could be me, but to go from 2f delay near 100% of the time to this is super demoralizing.

These netcode impressions, yikes.

Yeah, and it's pretty easy to do from what I tried. Are there any other characters that have unblockable setups like that?

Zato comes to mind but I don't believe the specific unblockable setup or the character as a whole is as easy to use in comparison to Elphelt.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, and it's pretty easy to do from what I tried. Are there any other characters that have unblockable setups like that?

Zato has a high/low unblockable setup requiring Eddie.

Elphelt definitely gets way more opportunities on setting up the unblockable while Zato can't even loop it. Seriously one of the dumbest characters right now out of the cast. Even without the unblockable, her tools are really strong.

Her weakness is dealing with rushdown, but that doesn't matter much at this point.

Zato has a high/low unblockable setup requiring Eddie.

Elphelt definitely gets way more opportunities on setting up the unblockable while Zato can't even loop it. Seriously one of the dumbest characters right now out of the cast. Even without the unblockable, her tools are really strong.

Her weakness is dealing with rushdown, but that doesn't matter much at this point.
Ino matters! :C

People said I was crazy to think that pre patch was better. I have yet to see 4f delay since. Its either 8f or higher, and it feels worse too.

Yeah.

Pre-patch I was getting consistent 2-3f delay with the highest seen being 7.

Now it's constant 12f delay in 99% of my matches.

Didn't think such a thing was possible after playing through BB/P4 which were really good in that department for me. I think I'm just going to put the game down for now because it's completely pointless to play it in this state.

Going to make a lobby in about 15ish minutes or sooner.

It'll be the most populated east coast lobby for the new york area.

I will name it NeoGAF Casuals.
Thanks for setting up the lobby, I was a very effective punching bag when I played this afternoon. The only character I am remotely okay with is Sol, but I still don't even know 80% of his moves. I just wanted to test out online.

First, I think their online mode is awesome. I love how accurately it simulates an arcade and every fighting game on a console should just copy what ArcSys did.

Now, the connection quality was all over the place. I had a few good matches with a 2F delay, but it was usually in the 4-6F delay range, and one game I played had some crazy lag spike with 20+F delay at its worst. I hope they can find a way to make it more consistent. My PS3 uses an ethernet connection set to a static ip in dmz, so I can't possibly make it any better on my end. Fun matches, though, even though I had no idea what I was doing.

I give up, there is nobody I can play in the gaf lobby.
I think you're one of the people I had a 2F delay game with. Too bad I'm not a better opponent!

FluxWaveZ

First, I think their online mode is awesome. I love how accurately it simulates an arcade and every fighting game on a console should just copy what ArcSys did.

Xrd's lobby mode is actually a really poor implementation of what ASW had already performed well with BlazBlue: Chronophantasma and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Now those actually simulated how it was to be in an arcade lobby. I'm disappointed in it.

Rhapsody

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";144179383]Ino matters! :C[/QUOTE]

Keep fighting the good fight!

I finally brought out my I-No offline yesterday. Felt so good doing swag combos and mixups.

Rhapsody

Banned
Is the one sided lag still a thing? With my one friend, it stopped being one sided post PS3 patch.

Instead, my delay ended up matching his PS4 delay :V

Welp, finally picked this one up. It's downloading now but I hope I'll be able to play you guys later tonight. Will be embracing the 19f delay goodness that is Xrd netplay.

rookiejet

I was having a great back and forth set with a May, and I accidentally taunted, they threw the match and left :/ I thought I had the dumb button unmapped.

I'm sooory ;_;

Volcynika

I was thinking this was it, but wasnt sure. Thanks for confirming.

Arcsys better release a patch to fix this shit asap.

They're probably working on one, but then we have to wait for it to get approved for release on PSN. Hopefully can get it out quickly. D:

Top Bottom