• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

zlatko

Banned
I'm glad people enjoyed the lobby. I got bodied most of the time I was in it by a Faust player.

Couldn't win enough with my Venom on pad. :(

Edit: Also fuck Sol players. I swear level 1, level 20, doesn't matter. Just mash buttons, go into demon mode, win games. No brains needed.

I'm glad people enjoyed the lobby. I got bodied most of the time I was in it by a Faust player.

Edit: Also fuck Sol players. I swear level 1, level 20, doesn't matter. Just mash buttons, go into demon mode, win games. No brains needed.

:D RIDE THE FIRE BABY!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Some of us try and play Sol the best we can. He's isn't like Chipp Zanuff. I'm looking for players to practice with too. I miss Order Sol. Sol can get technical, but at least his combos aren't all over the place.

I haven't gotten to play GG since Accent Core on PS2.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Some of us try and play Sol the best we can. He's isn't like Chipp Zanuff. I'm looking for players to practice with too. I miss Order Sol. Sol can get technical, but at least his combos aren't all over the place.

I haven't gotten to play GG since Accent Core on PS2.

You should be playing SIn then! :p

Bebpo

Banned
So I finally tried online. I never really play fighting games online, but at 3-7f lag I kind of like it because the game actually slows down to the point where I feel more comfortable playing lol Had a lot of fun playing online. Like the virtual arcade lobby idea.

Man, I haven't played fighting games since like the first Blazblu; kind of miss this.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You should be playing SIn then! :p

Yeah, replenishing stamina opposite of health is all I need.

I did buy the Elphelt voice operator, but at that price? wow! You'd think production costs and character costs would of allowed more content. That game can't be taking up the entire disc. I got it digital from PSN.

Subaru

I've played with someone here that complained that there was too much lag (12 frames).
Actually I think that still playable with 12 frames, I'm impressed with the netcode.

Also, I forgot to say that I'm in Brazil, so the lag was actually low. I've played after with some NA players with 8-10 frames lag, It was a blast.

(I can play 2-4 frames matches with a friend that uses the same Internet provider than me)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I've played with someone here that complained that there was too much lag (12 frames).
Actually I think that still playable with 12 frames, I'm impressed with the netcode.

Also, I forgot to say that I'm in Brazil, so the lag was actually low. I've played after with some NA players with 8-10 frames lag, It was a blast.

(I can play 2-4 frames matches with a friend that uses the same Internet provider than me)

12f is pretty bad lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I guess not getting this until Christmas might not be too bad. Hopefully they patch it up quickly(or...revert the patch?), I wonder what they actually did to seemingly make it perform worse for most people.

rookiejet

I'm avoiding people less than 3 bars, and playing in my region or near it (in the New England lobby, which I assume all of east coast is using instead of dispersing amongst the other lobbies) and my connections' have been great so far. I'm wondering if I missed the patch or something.

Does it match by region in ranked?

Marz

GGs Rhapsody. Even though you were kicking my ass, I had a blast. Still trying to wrap my head around Eddies neutral game 0_o

What was our delay? Seemed pretty good to me those were the first online matches I've played since I got the game.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs Rhapsody. Even though you were kicking my ass, I had a blast. Still trying to wrap my head around Eddies neutral game 0_o

What was our delay? Seemed pretty good to me those were the first online matches I've played since I got the game.

Averaged around 6-7 on my side. Not too bad, but not as good as our SF4 connection iirc.

And yeah, we should play some more. You seemed at least be getting used to his buttons now.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, onemic. I know it was laggy, but be careful of autopiloting and mashing buttons after mappa punch.

Every blockstring with Ram, you'd go overhead frequently. That and overhead kick whenever I saw oki setup.

Went to look for a copy today and every place I went "we just sold the last one"

This sums up my reaction right now...

tumblr_mjbifstZCX1rclbbgo1_500.gif

Uraizen

Banned
12 Frames is shit, Fighting a millia or Chipp player in that is the opposite of fun

I assure you, it's not any more fun for them than it is for you. If they can play under that, I call haxx.

EDIT: God damn, I just realized that I was bitching at 7 to 9 and now you guys are getting into the double digits. That's one hell of a fuck up.

Onemic

Want to try our connection, Onemic? I'm in New England 1A

Sure, you want to make a room or me?

GGs, onemic. I know it was laggy, but be careful of autopiloting and mashing buttons after mappa punch.

Every blockstring with Ram, you'd go overhead frequently. That and overhead kick whenever I saw oki setup.

Ya, I dont really know when its safe to move/do anything vs anyone in this game so far, so I tend to mash a lot because of it lol

the overhead setup is just something I'm practicing, which is why I keep doing it. Trying to get my execution of the meaty overhead down, as getting the meaty low is much easier. The overhead during pressure I did because I dont really know how to do proper mixups with her when pressuring :p

That 9f lag tho...Im sure it would have been much lower if it werent for this dumb patch ruining everything

Rhapsody

Banned
Went to look for a copy today and every place I went "we just sold the last one"

This sums up my reaction right now...

Should try calling ahead maybe since they'll sometimes hold it for you.

Also after those matches with onemic, I went to do some testing. I'm guessing you knew Potemkin's usual safejump after 2D doesn't work on Ramlethal? I thought I was screwing up my safejump on lag, but now I know why you weren't afraid of pressing buttons.

Guess I'll have to time a different safejump.

Edit: Also Potemkin vs Ramlethal is hard lol. I need to figure out what to do against your stuff.

Edit: Ah, gotcha. My mistake. Makes sense that you were practicing the setup. They worked on me a lot anyways lol

I did in one case, they held the PS4 version instead.................

Either way, think I'll just hit amazon for it. Shit might as well grab the LE if I gotta spend more for shipping to get it before xmas anyway.

Onemic

Also after those matches with onemic, I went to do some testing. I'm guessing you knew Potemkin's usual safejump after 2D doesn't work on Ramlethal? I thought I was screwing up my safejump on lag, but now I know why you weren't afraid of pressing buttons.

Guess I'll have to time a different safejump.

Edit: Also Potemkin vs Ramlethal is hard lol. I need to figure out what to do against your stuff.

Edit: Ah, gotcha. My mistake. Makes sense that you were practicing the setup. They worked on me a lot anyways lol

Nope, Kappa

I was just pressing buttons because I dont know what's safe and whats not, so I just press buttons in all situations in the hope that I'll slowly learn when I can and cant press buttons/move around during an opponents pressure. That and I'm deathly afraid of grapplers lol. My GG knowledge is still next to 0 at this point.

Have you played Ram by any chance? Any pointers to give on how to play her neutral?

Rhapsody

Banned
Nope, Kappa

I was just pressing buttons because I dont know what's safe and whats not, so I just press buttons in all situations in the hope that I'll slowly learn when I can and cant press buttons/move around during an opponents pressure. That and I'm deathly afraid of grapplers lol. My GG knowledge is still next to 0 at this point.

Have you played Ram by any chance? Any pointers to give on how to play her neutral?

I haven't yet. I was planning on doing it soon, but I'll be out of town without my PS3 during the holidays.
All I know are the stronger Ramlethal players. Check out Daiji, Batoko, and Karinchu's matches and see what they do.

Someone linked an "everything you need to know about Zato" thread before. It was for AC, IIRC, but folks said it was all still applicable. Anyone have a link by chance?

Immediately the challenge mode with I-No. Using a controller isn't bad at all but I'm dropping some inputs that I wouldn't normally do on a stick.

It would have been nice if they could have used that PS4 driver that Skullgirls will be using but I suppose I will have to get another stick soon.

Rhapsody

Banned
Zato's only weird learning how to deal with neutral and some situational stuff.

Luckily once he reaches setplay, the button presses involved are no different than learning a combo since it's mostly the same thing.

Onemic

Yes, thank you.

Did you officially quit Zato? It seems like everyone is easier to win with than him. :p

yup, couldnt take the negative edging. Being able to do an Eddie combo even once was extremely difficult for me

Now I'm playing Ram though, so its not like its gotten much easier :/

Top Bottom