• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Uraizen

Banned
f.S is her good far poke. Use that a lot. Then confirm into 5HS on standing or 2HS on crouching.

I'm actually using Elphelt less after seeing the easy unblockable loops. She became less interesting to me now.

You don't have to play her that way, no? Play her however you want, lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
You don't have to play her that way, no? Play her however you want, lol.

As a FG player, deliberately going for worse oki sounds kind of dumb though, haha.
I feel too compelled to use whatever tools I have instead of crippling myself.

That's just how I think though. Plus I have plenty of other subs I enjoy.

Uraizen

Banned
As a FG player, deliberately going for worse oki sounds kind of dumb though, haha.
I feel too compelled to use whatever tools I have instead of crippling myself.

That's just how I think though. Plus I have plenty of other subs I enjoy.

Oh, it's done on wake-up? I was picturing something like the shotgun loop.

Laconic

Banned
Yaaaay!

Amazon is giving $30 trade-in for the PS3 version.

It is still a $10 hit, but it beats GS's $17 offer or keeping this lag-throttled husk of a game, handily.

Onemic

Yaaaay!

It is still a $10 hit, but it beats GS's $17 offer or keeping this lag-throttled husk of a game, handily.

Didnt you only play the game for like an hour before deciding it was terrible?

I got drill, qcb.HS, delayed on Oki down, and a few times I even combod off of the . I won a match or two tonight. Baby steps.

Yaaaay!

For someone with your name, I would expect your posts to be short and contentful, not bloated and vapid.

Onemic

One things that really annoys me about the online apart form the netcode is the amount of hangs I get trying to do things like enter network mode or sit down at a cab. There are many times where the game will just sit at "please wait" or "connecting to server" and never progress unless I quit the game or restart the PS3. It's really annoying.

EDIt: and it just happened...again

fader

One things that really annoys me about the online apart form the netcode is the amount of hangs I get trying to do things like enter network mode or sit down at a cab. There are many times where the game will just sit at "please wait" and never progress unless I quit the game or restart the PS3. It's really annoying.

hey it wouldnt let me join your room.

Someone play me. <3 PSN DiscoShark, East Coast.

Game might arrive in the next two days. Can anyone give some general ideas on how Bedman plays and how easy it is to pick him up?

Probably the biggest first hurdle is getting over his movement style. Drill in how to effectively use his 8 way airdash and getting used to walking instead of ground dashing to close the distance between you and your opponent. His dash has guard point and immediately teleports you behind your opponent and it works against projectiles as well but on the flipside you can't cancel it during the duration, it's more a special move than a viable movement option. After that you have to get around effectively using his tools in neutral and Bedman's like the definition of an unconventional style of neutral game. He's almost zoner-esque in the tools that he has available, often finding himself throwing projectiles (they're like boomerangs btw, they hit once going out and once coming back) to either bait a reckless approach or give him enough time to throw out more symbols on the field. The symbols really take his zoning game to a different level because he's able to cover large parts of the field with them, the tricky thing is finding safe ways to set them up to begin with and they're easily destroyable by your opponent with just a jab. So that's where I'm at with learning to Bed effectively at the moment, my neutral game is super super static and one dimensional at the moment as I'm trying to get my head around the different tools he has available.

I've posted it before but this is a pretty fantastic example of how to use Bedman effectively :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTONOo421hc

Onemic

how do you micro dash? trying to do this millia challenge

what is going on with this thing. I got a fail to connect again.

dash and immediately input the normal/special you want i.e.

66~5A

The game seems to hate me making games. This has happened every single time I've tried to make a room

JohnCYQ

Finally sat down and played past the tutorials. Tried going through Chipp's challenges, but by the time I reached trial #17 or so I couldn't pull them off anymore (using DS4). I decided to roll Chipp on arcade mode anyway.

Managed to clear Arcade mode after about 10-ish continues, mostly spamming 236P and 236S. I'm still scrubby as fuck though.

I'm considering getting an Arcade Stick, was wondering if there are recommended brands to get or avoid? I see people talk about TE2, is that the go-to stick for fighters in general?

Keylow415

Finally sat down and played past the tutorials. Tried going through Chipp's challenges, but by the time I reached trial #17 or so I couldn't pull them off anymore (using DS4). I decided to roll Chipp on arcade mode anyway.

Managed to clear Arcade mode after about 10-ish continues, mostly spamming 236P and 236S. I'm still scrubby as fuck though.

I'm considering getting an Arcade Stick, was wondering if there are recommended brands to get or avoid? I see people talk about TE2, is that the go-to stick for fighters in general?

i think its the go-to stick for ps4 so far but theres only the hori and the TE2 right now. i have the TE2 and i like it a lot. very good stick.

Not sure. Are there any ports that need to be forwarded for this game?

Ya, since the patch the only person I've ever had a solid connection with has been with Rookiejet. Everyone else has been pretty laggy post patch.

I'm not sure off the top of my head but that is the only thing I can think of causing problems with you trying to make a lobby, could be wrong though. I am guessing the ports would be the same as most sites tell you to forward for PS4 play in general. The game probably just needs further patching.

Have you gotten/played on a stick before? What is your budget for a stick? If you don't have a budget and are new to sticks I think the TE2 would be a good place to start if you want a high quality stick that is accessible to make easy mods to should you ever feel the need to.

Rhapsody, if I get a blocked drill, qcb.HS, , and that gets blocked as well, what are some good options to follow up? Is there a reason to consider using [K] instead of for a follow-up for more pressure?

Rhapsody

Banned
Rhapsody, if I get a blocked drill, qcb.HS, , and that gets blocked as well, what are some good options to follow up? Is there a reason to consider using [K] instead of for a follow-up for more pressure?

Depends how close you are. If you're close enough, get them to block 2S Drill, then do K Shadow.
Dash in and continue pressure off of it. If you're in the corner, I sometimes like to do 2P > 2K P Shadow as a tick into command grab, then unblockable.

Midscreen, you have a number of options. If I'm far away, I just alternate between Drill, S Shadow, and dashing in. If you're really close to them, see if you can safely do K Shadow. If you can't, sometimes I do 2S, move Eddie behind the opponent and do P shadow, then 2P, then P shadow, etc. It's just there to get them to slip up and get scared.

K Shadow is amazing, but it's important to know when to use it. Best to use after knockdown or if you're close enough to take advantage of its pressure. Otherwise, it's not that safe to use. It's possible for Eddie to get hit before the attack comes out or after the move is over when you're not there to followup on pressure.

Top Bottom