• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Riou

GGs DiscoShark and Onemic. Sorry I was able to play with you rookiejet, but I'm sure I wouldn't be much of a challenge haha. The games I had with DiscoShark were pretty funny. When Sol goes into dragon install I get scarred and just block, but then i just kept on getting grabbed. Playing chipp online is difficult, I couldn't do any of his combos. I need to find a sub that I can play for my online sessions. I'm looking at Sin and Elphelt as possible subs.

Rhapsody

Banned
Honestly, there's actually an easy way to fix this if they do want to remove this unblockable loop.

Just make pineberry's "hurtbox" bigger, problem solved.

I actually hope ASW goes this route when they decide to make another iteration.
He's not even the best GG character Slash Ky is

Id even say AC testament is better

Its not the unblockable its the damage he did and pressure
Elphelt's pineberry/shotgun pressure is actually pretty interesting. Not as good as those examples, but they shut down the weaker characters hard in Xrd, imo.
I'd say just give it time, and people will start getting used to the crazy stuff she can do right now.

rookiejet

GGs DiscoShark and Onemic. Sorry I was able to play with you rookiejet, but I'm sure I wouldn't be much of a challenge haha. The games I had with DiscoShark were pretty funny. When Sol goes into dragon install I get scarred and just block, but then i just kept on getting grabbed. Playing chipp online is difficult, I couldn't do any of his combos. I need to find a sub that I can play for my online sessions. I'm looking at Sin and Elphelt as possible subs.

Nah, it's these other guys you have to worry about. I'm a just a mashing noob. Hope to play soon ;)

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll be honest, Buppa wasn't really a Ky I liked watching.

Machaboo's still my favorite while Ain was fun to watch for the weird stuff.

4r5

You can Blitz Shield El's fully charged rifle shot, despite it being an unblockable. Now that the setups are out in the wild, we can see if there are any other options.

vocab

If the answer to something broken is instant blocking, the character is broken. Fuck asw for making a stupid ass character that once again makes the rest of the roster look like shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
You can Blitz Shield El's fully charged rifle shot, despite it being an unblockable. Now that the setups are out in the wild, we can see if there are any other options.

Yeah, I wanted to see if Alioune's specific setup gave enough wiggle room after an IB. Not sure since I'm on vacation, so I can't test it out. If so, I wonder who recovers faster between the Blitz Shield and Elphelt after shooting.
If the answer to something broken is instant blocking, the character is broken. Fuck asw for making a stupid ass character that once again makes the rest of the roster shit.

IBing a meaty isn't really that hard. Should feel like second nature to players anyway.

Bebpo

Banned
What are some offensive strategies for Slayer? I feel like he needs one more move that's offensive to help him gain ground and rush people down.

Rhapsody

Banned
Is Elphelt actually broken or are people just salty?

I wouldn't say she's broken (atm at least). But she has a lot of potential with some nasty tricks up her sleeve.

But I wouldn't say she's as dumb as Zato, Millia, or Ramlethal. I feel like she struggles against Faust too.

It's still early, after all, time will tell.

Onemic

ggs Rookie. I need to watch some more match videos of Batako and Sharon

I still dont know why you're the only person I've played post patch that I still get 2-4f games with

Id kill to have Testament in this game in all his AC top tier glory.

I'd kill to have Baiken in this game. Only thing I have to remind me of her awesomeness is Ram's j.D :p

spoonztt

Fucking scrubby ass Sols.

It's like it's 2003 again.

You mean all airdash everything?

Having alot of fun with this game, more than I actually expected to have. I've been trying to readjust to Zato but it's been alot more difficult than I expected, having arthritis doesn't help either. Thinking about switching to Bedman in the meantime.

Since we're posting cool videos, I leave this Zato CH Nobiru clip here.
http://a.pomf.se/xsepzp.webm

antibolo

Banned
I want them to add Baiken so bad, not really because I care about her as a playable character but because I really want to see her rendered in the current style.

Is she still alive in the canon?

Holy shit do not play bedman if you value your ability to IAD. Dude destroyed all of my muscle memory in a single day and I can't IAD left anymore, hahaha.

GGs man, playing you really loosened up my game I feel like. It's easy to become so concerned about maximizing damage, getting optimal oki, or creating some kind of setup that you forget that the important thing is being able to make use of your character's tools in neutral. It contributed a lot to making my game overall a lot more one dimensional and easy to break down and predict and I often lost sight of the habits and tools my opponent was using as a result. Onemic pretty much destroyed me for it as I was ignoring pretty much everything he was doing to open me up as a result. Having too many things to think about while playing the game just screws you over in the end and I needed a palette cleanser to just make me forget about all that. So thanks for reminding me how to have fun in a fighting game!

I hadn't explored it before but the mission mode in this game is AWESOME and really emphasizes playing that neutral game over anything else. Would recommend!

Fucking scrubby ass Sols.

It's like it's 2003 again.

Don't play mine, round start gold burst into Dragon Install all day everyday.

Skilletor

I'd kill Chipp to have Baiken in this game.

No you!

Played a bunch more this weekend. Need to work on my oki with Chipp. Missing out on a lot of mixups.

Not sure how I feel about Leo yet. Had more success playing a midrange game with him. At that range, though, not sure how good his stance will be. Normals are so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. lol

Nice change of pace from Chipp. Especially the not dying because I got hit part. That's always nice.

Yeah, he's near impossible to play at anything other than the best conditions. I'm playing Sin as a sub, but am starting to find him super boring. I'm thinking Leo will be my online character. Even then, I hate playing characters that rely on mid/low mixups online because it doesn't feel honest. So much harder to block stuff on reaction and often feel like I'm not earning my wins. :/

Similar problem with Sin, though.

Mesoian

Man, Magic Pixel is a HUGE fucking problem.

Not really, but I'm tired of matches boiling down to my opponent having 1hp left

Pirabear

Banned
So uh, how do I change my R-Code info/main? I got stuck with default info since I didn't know you had to make it even for non-ranked matches against friends.

Reknoc

£60 is a little more than I'm usually willing to pay but Rice Digital did a pretty good job providing Europe with Xrd:

B5eqdBUCUAAeHD9.jpg

Maybe even too good as I'm like, certain these people are partnered with the publishers of ArcSys games so an official means to import it is, uh, a little worrying in regards to an EU release.

Now to decide if I wait for my stick to come or deal with the pain of using a pad.

Was interested in this game, just checked the price, it is $60!!!. Will wait till it is $15.

Well it is a brand new game why would it not be $60? And if you are waiting for it to be $15 you are going to be waiting a very long time. Probably until the next iteration of Xrd and then you'll be missing characters and new system changes.

Top Bottom